What does it mean when my bowel movement hurts?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

For the past year, sometimes when I do a bowel movement it kills and I notice blood surrounding my poop and when I wipe there is blood on the toilet paper. It has been happening more regularly. I also suffer from headaches almost once a week if not more ( I'm not sure if its from my contacts/glasses or something else) and I take advil or aleve to get rid of the headaches. This never happened to me before a year ago. The last time I did a bowel movement it really hurt and I almost had to stop because it wasn't coming out.It finally did with a little bit of pushing and waiting, but on the left hand side of my lower stomach it starting to hurt, and still does. My diet isnt perfect, so I could improve on that. I bassically eat everything, chicken, beef, bread, very little milk, ham, cheese and I drink a lot of tea and maybe 2 glasses of water a day. The night before this bowel movement I had ground beef in my dinner, and I find that every-time this happens it is after a meal that has beef in it. Could that be causing it? Any ideas to what is causing this to happen and how I can fix it will be greatly appreciated as I am to embarrassed to go to the doctors to explain this, but I will have to if it doesn't change soon! Thanks!