What is DAY 1 when taking a 10 day course of Progesterone?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Reposting, I think I put this in the wrong place before!!!

I know this may seem very basic question, but when you are taking progesterone to induce a period, how do you know what your Day 1 is? I started light bleeding for a couple of days. Called the nurse Thursday, she said be patient - don't count it. Friday I just so happened to see my Primary Care, he said I really should not be bleeding yet, to check with my fertility doc. Well, I did... he did not seem to think I was starting yet either. I had cramping, and blood starting to show on my pad. This was day 9 of a 10 day dose of Progesterone. That night, I had typical period pains, cramping etc. and by Saturday I was bleeding heavily on my day 10 of Progesterone. In fact that night for the first time in a long time, I bled on my sheets. SO....would you agree that Saturday is my DAY 1???? I am supposed to take the Clomid on days 3-7... and I am so afraid and stressed I will do this all wrong and screw up a month of trying. Help.. I can't find much info on this topic. It is Sunday now, and I am still bleeding pretty heavy......I am just so confused.This is it right? What the Progesterone was supposed to do ? It is not like it will trigger more bleeding in 2 weeks? I was told that I should start my period a few days after taking the progesterone to 2 weeks after. But I think I have started earlier, while ON the progesterone....
The doctors seem to be unanimous that you should wait until you substantially started, so I would agree that Saturday is likely your day one. However, I am sure you can call your doctor to explain what happened and confirm with the doctor that Saturday was indeed your day 1.

Best wishes!!!
needhelp345 joined this community
Welcome them!
Des_a_rae, and Belle313 commented on renae176's status
Des_a_rae commented on Baby Noah!!
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals