What is PIV?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

What is PIV?

What is PIV everyone keeps telling me that i could get that and i dont know what that is???
I think you probably mean PID, which is pelvic inflammatory disease. It's a general term that refers to infection of the uterus, fallopian tubes, and other reproductive organs. There are some infections that, if untreated, can lead to PID.
Or do you mean  HPV -- human papillomavirus.
Yah that is what i meant! thank you
Do a quick google search.. you will find everything you could ever want to know... Good luck  :)
hi! i looked back at your previous post and it was bv(a baterical infection) than you might could have and it can lead to PID(pelvic inflamation (inflammation) disease) if it is not treated. the above post of hpv was not mentioned  or thought that you might have from your other question you posted. i would google bv and then PID b/c it is a very dangerous thing(the PID not the bv, the bv can be treated with antiobitics). did you call your obgyn?
jen2006 and I posted at the same time. I think Jekasica was replying to me when she said that's what she meant.