Women's Health Community
What is going on with my body?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

What is going on with my body?

Symptoms: brown periods lasting a week, leg weakness(feels like growing pains), cramping, sharp abdominal pain on and off, hot and cold sweats.

I took the depo provera shot the beginning of January and didn't have my period for four months.
When I finally got my period it lasted exactly two weeks, started out being all brown blood and continued into regular blood.
Through out the time I have had the worst sharp pains bringing me to my knees because it hurt so bad but only for a few seconds.
I also had a cup size clot come out of me with white tissue in it. I thought I was having a miscarriage so we went to the hospital and the doc said that he assumes it was the shot because I wasn't pregnant.
My legs for one night felt like I was having growing pains while being super cold. I would get super hot every once in awhile but mainly very cold and took many hot baths to warm me up.
I have been getting sharp pains about every two minutes and am starting to have brown blood come out again in waves first heavy then maybe one clot.
I am very worried about my body and am curious if anyone has any answers for me as to what this might be and how long till I become normal again. I only took the shot once and will not take it again. I do not recommend this shot to anyone.