What is normal discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

What is normal discharge

What is normal amount of discharge and what is normal consistancy of discharge?
it differs from one women to the next and each time it differs
Mine is just a small dab on my finger tip every day. Nothing out of the ordinary. Is that normal?  It is normal to have some sort of discharge isn't it?  I think I have become paranoid reading all of these posts because everyday I stick my fingernail up there and dig around to monitor what is going on up there. Is that bad for you?  I have long acrylic nails and sometimes it irritates myself by doing that.
Heres a website that will hopefully answer your question:

http://www.babyworld.co.uk/information/pregnancy/pregnancyproblems/pregprobs_vaginal_discharge.asp

hope this will help
But I'm not pregnant!!!  Thanks, but that website is geared towards pregnancy.
It is most definitely normal to have some sort of discharge every day; it's how your vagina cleans itself. The amount and texture varies throughout the month and from person to person. If you notice itching or burning, or a change in color or scent (or texture - yeast infections can create kinda cottage cheesy discharge), you may have an infection and should see your doctor. Checking it out won't hurt you, but it's kinda pointless and you even note that you're only irritating your vagina by "digging around" (hopefully that's a figure of speech, lol) and checking it so often.