What is the likelihood of getting pregnant...

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

Hello everyone! I think I pretty much know the answer to my own question, but some verification would be nice! So anyway, I was wondering what the likelihood of getting pregnant is if I have unprotected sex right before and after my period, using the "pull-out method?" I would think pregnancy is unlikely because right before and after menstration are not very fertile points in the cycle, and the fact that my boyfriend does not ejaculate into my vagina makes it even more unlikely that an egg would be fertilized. What are your thoughts/opinions?
The "pull-out-method" is not effective in preventing pregnacies, so it is unwise to rely upon it. However considering the points in your cycle you mentioned, I do not think there is a strong likelihood of getting pregnant, but don't rule out any chances.
I'm 40 years old, recently remarried and my new husband wants a child.  I had a tubal 16 years ago and I don't know where to begin to find out what to do, if it's advisable, etc.  Can anyone help?
i would recomend going to either the fertility or pregnancy forums
It's true that your chances of getting preggo are less but it's not 100%. Be ready to be a mommy at the rate you're going. This pull out method will eventually fail. I'll see you in the pregnancy forum soon. Take care.
I dont use the pull out method all the time. It just so happened that this month I had used it like 3 times. Normally I use a condom as a method of birth control. To GoingOnFiveKids, I didnt appreciate the attitude. Its not my fault you're going on five so dont be so damn rude and bitter.
mkh9 uploaded new photos
LandM2009 commented on LandM2009's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals