What is this dark spot on my labia minora/side of my urethra?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

The other night while I was shaving I noticed a dark spot on my labia minora (sort of), it was on the left side (my left) of my urethra. I immediately freaked out and went looking for it but couldn't find it because I was looking on the wrong part of my labia. However, I noticed it again yesterday (again while shaving) and this time located the spot and got a good look at it. It's a dark brown color and is fairly small... it's raised up the tiniest bit. I have no idea what it is! If it's a mole wouldn't I have noticed it before? After a Google search I saw stuff about vulvar cancer and Squamous Cell Carcinoma and now I am really scared! My grandma had vulvar cancer so I feel like there's a good possibility that's what it is. I'm a virgin so I know it isn't some kind of STI or sex-related problem. I don't know if this is at all related, but I've been having digestive problems a lot lately too and it's been weeks since I haven't had diarrhea when going 'number two!' I don't know if that has anything to do with the spot but I figured I should mention it just in case. I read that sometimes discoloration happens to women past menopause or to women of African/Asian descent, but I am nowhere near to menopause and I am 100% Caucasian. I told my mom about it and she shrugged me off and said it was just a mole and not to worry about it, but I'm not so sure. Please help, I'm only 17 and I'm really scared!
there 's something wrong with you..vaginas are supposed to be pink.. You sound grosssss! -____-
Igotswag; your a ****** dickhead. Go play in traffic u piece of ****.
Hi sweetie, ignore the idiot poster 'igotswag'. It may be nothing but it's best to go to a doctor just in case. I found a spot that sounds similar to yours; it's tiny and very dark, almost black. I thought it might've been due to shaving - perhaps a razor nick that hadn't healed properly but I'm going to my doctor anyway just to be safe.

It's likely to be nothing but you only get one life - better to be safe and a little nervous/embarrassed at the doctor's office for a short while, than sorry.