What is this tough 2 inch long red discharge?
I had a biopsy done to check for cervical cancer after a bad pap. About a week later I had a string about 2" long and as think as yarn come out of me kind of like discharge. The string is red and seems to be very strong/hard to pull apart, its just stretchy. It kind of reminded me of cartilage. So I talked to my doctor about it when I went back in for my Colposcopy and she looked bewildered and told me I shouldn't worry. Now 5 months later I have another one! I am also having an unexpected period at the same time. The first time this happened there was no blood associated with this random red string, and I thought it might have been a scab from the biopsy, but the second time it is exactly the same size and shape.  I saved the first one in cellophane and eventually it dried and broke, but never shrank.  Is this something that everyone gets and just doesn't talk about?? I can'[t find anything that sounds like this anywhere online.
Was it similar to a blood clot that can happen during a heavy flow?
i have had a few biopsys done and also a few colposcopy .i have had nothing like that .only problem i had was some bleeding and a little pain .i would see another doctor for a second app-.