Whats going on with my body?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Whats going on with my body?

I got my period on November 1st by taking Provera. Then to ovulate I started taking Clomid 50mg. I was supposed to get my period on the 1st, and now it is the 4th and it still hasn't came. I took a pregnancy test on the 27th of November and it came out negative. I took one today when I woke up and it didn't work! I had spotting a couple weeks ago for a half a day and then it stopped. Shouldn't my period be on time because of provera last month? I seriously hope I'm pregnant, but yet I'm confused. I guess tomorrow I will make a doctors appoitment. I just wanted to check to see what people would say about my situation. Please tell me what you think. Thank you.
What do you mean by the test didn't work?
Also Provera will induce bleeding about a week after you finish taking it.  It has nothing to do with your next period.  I would wait a few days before taking another test.  You will either get your period or get a positive within a couple of weeks.  If you are still getting negatives and no period, then go to your doctor. you might need another round of Provera or furthur work up.
Because you tend to ovulate later when you are on Clomid, it can extend your cycle. I'd wait until you are 7 days late, test, and if it's still negative and you haven't started your period, I'd call your doctor about prescribing Provera to you.

Lots of babydust your way ******************

Stacie
The Provera just caused you to get your period in November.  Wait and see if you get your period this month its only 5 days off. The Provera doesnt regulate this months cycle.  I just finished taking Provera last Thursday and started AF today.  My husband and I are also TTC. Best of Luck!!
Hi everyone!!! Well, I talked to my doctor and she said that I might not be pregnant, but there is a good chance I could be. Just for the fact that I had spotting around Thanksgiving for a day with a little abdominal pain, and because I am late. She also said if I am pregnant, I should be able to find out within a week or so. Thank you everyone for your comments.