When do i know when im ovolating

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

When do i know when im ovolating

if i just had my period (the whole cramps and all) can i get pregnant if i had sex recently after my period? am i ovolating?
We can't tell you when you ovulate, all women are different.  That is something you can determine using ovulation predictor kits, charting temperatures, and checking cervical mucus.  On average, (and remember not all women fall in this category), ovulation usually takes place 14 days before your next period starts.  If you have a 28 day cycle, you typically ovulate on cycle day 14, but sometimes 28 day women ovulate on day 10 or day 22, it's not an exact science.  You really have to figure it out on your own.  Good Luck!
Figuring out when you ovulate can be complicated. First you have to know how long your cycle is, and if you are regular. If you aren't regular it can also make it complicated. with a 28 day cycle I often say, one week of nothing, one  week or 5 days of a period, another week of nothing, and one week of fertility. However, there are only 24 hours for the egg to live after ovulation, so you have to figure out when that is. Remember, this is just a rough idea of how it works, not spacificly how it works! Start charting everything so you can get an idea of what your body is doing. Chart your basil body temp. cuz when you ovulate your temp will rise a little. All those little things will help you figure out your cycle and ovulation date. Good luck and many prayers!
what do you think the chances are though? im really hoping im not pregnant im trying to see the chances... thanks for all the advise though im learning alot.
Alot of women ovulate early, say within a week of getting off their period.  From your post down below, I think the chances doing it that way are slim.  If you had completely unprotected sex after your period, I'd guess to the chances being about 10%.  Even the best chances of a woman having sex and getting preg. during her cycle are 33%, but don't don't think it can't happen.  Any unprotected sex can lead to pregnancy, even at any time of her cycle.
No one can say what the chances are.  You have to know your cycle well and then you could probably figure out what the chances are.  If you have a relatively short cycle (less than 28 days) then your chances for getting pregnant are higher.  If you have a longer one, you are probably not pregnant.  I typically have a longer cycle, 32-35 days, so I O anywhere from day 17-23.  Every woman is different. You actually have better odds of getting pregnant in few days before you O than the day of. BTW, it does not matter how many days your period last.  Day one of AF is the first day of your new cycle.  That's when you start counting, not when AF ends. Do some google searches on BBT/FAM charting. You'll get a good idea of how to know your cycle well and will be able to better time intercourse in the future.
Her is a website with an OVULATION CALENDER where you enter in the start date of your period and then how long your cycle usually is....24 days, 28 days, etc.  It will tell you when you are most fertile and if you get pregnant in that time, it says when your baby would roughly be due.  

I got my period on Oct 4th and i am nost fertile Oct 16-20th with a regular 28 day cycle.

Good luck!

Here's the site:  http://www.parents.com/other/ovulation_calc.jsp