When does Ovulation occur after taking clomid?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hello All,

My husband and I are trying to concieve (conceive). I was prescribed clomid by my doc. THe last day of my period was 10/20 and the fifth and last day of clomid was 10/28. When could the big O have occured? According to an article at wedMD that i read they say that after the last day of clomid O should occur on the fifth thru ninth day from the last clomid pill. We had intercourse 10/28,11/2,11/3,11/6. Do you think i missed my day?

Please help!

THanks,
Mommyfaith
You should ovulate within 5-10 days after you take the last pill.
thanks. I understand that i ovulated on the 5th-9th day of the last pill, but am wondering if i hit the big O day by. Having intercourse 10/28, 11/2, 11/3,11/6. My last clomid pill was on 10/28.
It looks like you hit three of the days that you are suppose to ovulate.  The good news is that sperm can live inside of your body for up to 72 hours after being deposited there.
I recently just took my last clomid pill on the 20th of this month, and I'm trying to see when i should start ovulating. Can someone please help me . Want a baby really bad.
I'm on clomid too and I finished my pill, I'm right now on day 7 post clomid and checking my tempeture to rise...waiting for the Big O day!!!
hi everyone
my last period was 1/25 thru1/29 i began clomid on the fifth day which was 1/29 it's hard for me to figure out the days i ovulate so im asking help if anyone has had this experience and could give advice do so. thanks
I had a ultrasound after taking my first cycle of clomiphene citrate to make sure ovulation accured, I ovulated 6 days after my last pill of a 5 day cycle, which started the 3rd day of my bleeding. So I ovulated 14 days into my monthly cycle...if that helps! Everyone varies, my dr said ovulation would typically accure 7-10 after the last pill, for me it was slightly earlier. I think the safest bet would to start frequent intercourse 5 days after last pill and continue through about day 12. Sperm can live up to 72 hrs (with female sperm ofter living longest) so every other day is a safe bet (specially if tryin to conceive a boy). In my opinion
i am on 50mg clomid 5 to 9 last period started the pill 9 to 13 th july and i had really low tempratueres 18 and 19 th july really fertile mucus and had very dull pain on the lower left side thought i had ovulated. Unfortunately my temprature havn't gone up at all they were from 96.7 to 97.3 and i havn't had a higher temperature yet. Today is 25 july and  i am again getting really sticky ovulation like mucus so i am not sure whats happening with my body. so technically 12 day after the last pill my body is again trying to ovulate i hope it happens.
My hubby and I have been trying for the past five years after having a tubal reversal. I've also been diagnosed with PCOS so I've been on and off of clomid and not once did it work.  We took a 8 month break from all meds and now I've started metformin and clomid and this cycle which is my first cycle on clomid again I started a little bit of pinkish spotting 5 days after my last pill, I've had cramping also and now I've been feeling queasy in the morning, could this mean something good has happened or is it too early and it's all in my head.I took the clomid on days 5-9 of my cycle.
I'm about to start clomid...I'm scared it isn't going to work...I'm so depressed.
Suffering from Polycystic ovarian syndrome for 3 years, I started my clomid today, dont know the best time I will ovulate and also dnt know the best time to mate with my husband. Any advice please
Get a ovulation predictor kit and have sex the day you get a positive and the next day is what my doctor told me.
hi i too suffer with pcos an my doctor priscribe clomid to make me ovulate its working my period comes on time but i really want a baby an dont kno exactly when am ovulating..am taking 150mg on the second day of my cycle for 5 days.any suggestions
This is my 2nd cycle taking Clomid 50mg. First time taking it i got pregnant but miscarried 5 weeks in....was rough!  My experience with Clomid is--First time around I had hot flashes, and lil crampy.  This time, I was depressed, hot flashes and a tiny bit crampy...not as much as 1st time.  Strange how side effects can be different each time you use Clomid but I read that is normal.  Now, yesterday was my last day so I am taking ovulation test everyday just so I don't miss my big O day.  According to last time I ovulated about 5 days after last pill and got pregnant that 1st time hubby and I tried.  Now, I am 37 almost 38 years old....this will be my 5th baby...I have NEVER been a regular/monthly girl at all....since I can remember my periods could go months without having them.  But, this is the first time i've tried to conceive and actually "tried" to conceive.  I am also kind of on a age crunch cause I don't want to be too much older having my last baby.  My miscarriage was the first one I've ever had and that was awful...So, to all you girls out there...dont give up, Clomid does work and just be diligent about testing and have a little fun while trying to conceive...BABY DUST
Hey everyone.. I'm new to this so bare with me.. I'm 25 and I  have pcos but I have 2 children and trying for a 3rd with the hubby.. I'm on Metformin.. Took Provera to induce my period (which came March 6th- 11th)had intercourse the next day and I also took my clomid on day 5.. Could I be ovulating already ? How can I increase my chances for a girl ? Help !!  
i will start my second cycle of clomid tomorrow... i had an ovary kinda die because of ovarian cyst but the clomid worked i ovulated on the day 18 which is really late but it got my ovary to work again so i am excited. i hope that this round will allow me and my husband to concieve (conceive)! so keep your head up ladies everything works itself out in the end!
hi everyone i to suffers from pcos havent had missed period have a 28 day cycle weighs 135 lbs my dr put me on metformin and clomid finished my first cycle of clomid 1/04 when am i likely to ovulate been trying for a baby for the last 5yrs am 30 now
hi everyone i too suffers from pcos haven't had a missed period weighs 135lbs have a 28days cycle my dr put me on metformin 1500mg and been on them for the last 3 mnths finished my first cycle of clomid 1/04 when am i likely to ovulate and get pregnant been trying for a baby for the last 5 yrs am 30yrs now its depressing
Congrat. That might actually be it
hi,
my name is Beebe, my husband we are trying to have a baby together. I have a girl who is 8 and a boy who is 7 years old with the previous guy. I wanted a 3rd baby. We've been trying for 5 years now. I'm 24 years old. I went to the doctor and got clomids. My 5th pill was on friday 8/19/2011. I'm feeling sick these days and this is my first time on clomid. Do yah think the clomids is working? I've always have regular monthly periods too. How long do i have to wait for the good news? thanks : )
Unfortunately someone with PCOS like myself will also test positive with OPT. They are a waste of money for someone with PCOS. They give you false hope.
Don't be depressed about it. Clomid has helped so many women ovulate. There are many success stories that you need to read on the internet that will help get your hope higher than what they are. Never give up!
I'm 31 and have been trying for 5 years also.  It is depressing.  I'm on my 2nd round of Clomid and took my last pill yesterday.  Hope this time around works!!!!  I'm with ya, girl!
I am 31   years old, I had my tubes cliped 7 years ago, Feb 17, 2012 i had a TR and all my labs have been good and my count is 16. I took my last clomid pill yesterday 4/9/12 of my 1st cycle. I have read from about every site there is on clomid because I have never had any problem with my other 2 boys (oldest is 11 and youngest is 7) but we are try to speed up the getting pregnant process. I am hoping my HSG tomorrow will show good results and that my tubes are still open and good to go. For all the disappointed stories i have read I would like to say Keep Faith!! Faith is a BIG role in your whole life, all you need is as little as a mustard seed of Faith and the Good Lord above will bless us all with what we ask for when it is the right time. I hope and pray each and everyone still trying will continue to have faith and will soon be blessed with a bundle of JOY!!! God Bless and baby dust to all!!!
I had my first HSG since my TR in Feb 2012 and it went good, I know I have one fully open and working tube on the right side! Thank you LORD!! The Doc thinks the left is ok too but it was harder to see it as clear as the right side. I know MANY people who have had one tube working and has 2 or more children. Hope this helps anyone in my kind of situation. God Bless!
Have you had any news yet if clomid worked this time? I am of day 24 of my cycle 10 dpo I have pretty sore bbs my CM has been dry las 2 days now getting sticky again, cramps on 7-9 dpo and took test today just because i couldn't wait and it was neg : ( I hope it changes by the 28th when my AF is suppose to show up.
After a break from trying for a while, Took my first round of clomid days 3-7 of my cycle, I have a 31days cycle when am I most likely to ovulate. I have pcos and suffers with high prolactin which is now down to 5.35 I did all the necessary tests my gyro says I ovulate but he still put me on 50mg clomid because am 31yrs and me and husby really wants a baby.
Anybody with the same prob that can share there results
Thanks and lots of baby dust to everyone that's ttc.
I started on Clomid april 25, 2012 the last day of my menstrual cycle. We started intercourse may 4th for a week but every other day. I have to go back to the doctor may 14th to have lab work done & im hoping I ovulated. Fingers crossed we have been trying to concieve (conceive) for 4 years. Does it seem like I have agoodchance of becoming pregnant this month?
I just started clomid 50mg days5-9 I just took my 2nd pill. My husband and I have been trying for a lil over a yr I also have irregular periods so my obgyn started me on clomid I really hope it works!! I would love to hear success stories!!
So this is my first time taking clomid and i been reading a lot of success stories but I want to make sure its working for me. I took my last pill on 10/05/12 (day 9). Today is 10/09/12 (day 13) and Im not sure what I should be feeling but my doc said to have intercourse every other day. Well I also started  an ovulation kit and its been a negative so far. Does that seem right? im just worried? Can someone help me I not sure what to expect. Im also irregular and have been provera to help regulate my menstrual but now im not sure if i will get my next menstrual with out the pills...im confused...All i want is to have a healthy baby. :(
So im starting 5-9 days wat of my period not that long pls help
So what were the results? as for me im on my day 21 and nothing yet not even a :). i hope this works for me too?
Any news on the clomid? did it work?
We have been ttc for 3 years. I am 35 going on 36 this year, so we decided it was time to get help from a fertility specialist. She has tested me and my husband, and we are both in decent shape, fertility wise. But, I am overweight and slightly pre-diabetic. So I am on metformin, which I am taking twice a day. Just this month, 5 days after I started my cycle (which just means the first day of my period), I started Clomid. I am still not so patiently waiting to see if I ovulate. It's day 15 of my cycle and day 6 since the last day of the Clomid. My doc said she wants to hear from me by tomorrow if I still don't get the smiley face in the ovulation kit,  and that has had me stressed for days. She told me to start testing on day 10 of my cycle, but this forum has given me hope that I might still ovulate this month -- hopefully by the end of the week. I worry because I didn't ovulate last month (despite that my period is always pretty regular, 29 to 33 days apart). But I wasn't taking Clomid or metformin last month.

The reason I am able to keep such good track of my cycle is a great app well worth the $5 it might cost you: OvuView. My aunt, who is 40, is using it and told me about it. It allows you to track your periods, symptoms, ovulation patterns, etc. And it counts off the days of your cycle in an easy calendar format. You can also track days of intercourse and add notes about meds you are taking, etc. I'd be lost without the app. Makes life easier.

Good luck to us all!
Am taking metformin with clomid too,I have my last pill 3 days ago and I just did a ovulation test I just got too line should I start having sex every day now or it's will keep is sprem count low.i really need a baby and my dad need is grandchild please help me
I only menstruate four days in every cycle please can anyone tell me when I can take clomid?...thank you