When does a baby drop in a subsequent pregnancy?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Hey ladies. I have another question lol!!

I Have read a lot that if you're one your 2nd, 3rd baby ect. that the baby usually don't "drop" before labor or if they do it's like days before. I have noticably dropped, and thought it was just me, but my Mom, DH, and another lady I know have all said she looks much much lower. Has anyone else heard that babies dont do this once you've had one? Or do you have any personal experiences. This is my 4th, and honestly I cannot remember with my last or one before if they actually "dropped". My youngest is almost 5 so it's been awhile! I wouldn't even care except for the fact that she seems much lower, and the past few daysI've been going potty much more at night, and it seems easier to breath, hopefully this is it!! Thanks ladies for any help :) It's much appreciated!!
My daughter who is also 5 dropped in July or August and wasn't born until October.  I always complaind of pains in what I called my connecters, where you legs connect to your body. My doctor said that was because she was in position. So, I think if your belly is now lower and if your "connecters" hurt then, yup the baby has dropped!
my daughter dropped when I was around 6 months
Hi.  I'm 33.5 weeks and I "dropped" about 2 weeks ago.  Sometimes it happens right before labor, sometimes weeks or even months before.
Every woman is different.  Unfortunately, nothing is set in stone during pregnancy.

My first child is 12 and he was premature so he didn't have a chance to drop.
Thank you ladies. Do any of you have any other kids or is this your first pregnancy? Just everything I have read says that once you have one baby the next pregnancies you don't normally drop until right before labor or during. I'm thinking this is so not true. And to the other post yes, my "connectors" hurt very bad lol! Everything down there hurts, and the amount of pressure sometimes after I stand up is unbearable! I know it will be soon either way, if she isnt here by sept 2nd they're inducing me. She's already big, but just wondered, maybe I will go earlier! Thanks ladies.
Hi!  I'm 31 almost 32 weeks pregnant and my baby just dropped a few days ago. This will be my third child, so I was trying to figure out if that was kinda early to drop? I never paid attention with my other two, but I have a feeling that I'm further along than we think.
Hey all, I have a similar situation. I am preggers with my 3rd child. I'm 34 weeks and I have been having intense pelvic pain for a few days. Its easier to breathe and I'm going to the bathroom more often. I also hear that with 2nd and subsequent pregnancies you don't "drop" until right before labor. So my guess is that every woman is different and no "usually" ever applies to everyone.
At the same time, I also feel like I may be further along than we all think. Doc told me my due date is Nov. 4, but I'm sure I won't make it past the second or third week of October. Hopefully I'm right, lol.