When to count first day of cycle??

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

When to count first day of cycle??

If you read under possible m/c for background info, but I have a question. Should I count first day of spotting as first day of cycle? Or first day of actual flow? And if actual flow, should I count it as a whole day, since I didn't start flow till about 8pm Thurs. Sept. 22nd? Thanks, I'm also checking temp and cm, but this would be helpful as well. I'm on about 6th/7th day of cycle tonight if counting from 22nd. Spotting started the 18th though. Thanks and God bless!
I asked the exact same question a couple of days ago and I was told to count the first day of spotting as day 1.
Now I'm confused, I asked in maternal too ateague and penny something or another said her dr. told her first day of flow. Anyone else got any ideas????
CD 1 is when you first bleed enough to need a tampon or pad....spotting prior is not considered CD1. it is the first moderate to heavy bleed of the cycle. i hope this helps.

love....kimmie
My dr said to count once you start spotting....
See how confusing this is...some drs say to count day of spotting, some say count day of heavy flow.  If I counted day 1 the day I start spotting, then I cycle every 30 days.  If I don't, I cycle every 28 days (which I've heard is average.)  I'm so confused....
I count the first day of flow b/c I've been BBT charting.  My temp stays up until day 13 or 14 (after ovulation).  The same day that it drops is the same day I get AF.  My temps stay elevated even if I spot a couple of days before.  You will get a lot of mixed responses to this one.  I don't think there is  a "real" answer.
My doc said it is when the flow begins that has the brighter blood. I often spot two days prior to actual flow and it is dark brown. Doc said that is just the shedding of old blood and new blood flow is soon to follow and that is the first day of period.
My doc told me the first day of actual flow. I had to ask because they are starting me on clomid & you have to take it day 5-9
I think you guys are right, because today (if I count spotting as day 1) would be day 15 and I didn't have a LH surge yesterday (or the day before, or the day before, etc).  Tomorrow, when I will probably o, would be day 16 by that method but I think the day of heavy actual flow is when you start counting.  Then I would ovulate on day 14, like most people do.  Makes sense, thanks!
im so confused..asking my self if i am pregnant..my last period was march 16-20..so april 16 would be my next period, but on april 14th i have spotting, on 15th a lil bleed,16th spot, 17th there was none 18-19 spotting and today 20th none also..is it possible that i am pregnant?when should i take a home pregnancy test? Pls help..
Shannon79 commented on renae176's status
1 hr ago
Paxiled commented on Foods You’re Throwing...
Paxiled commented on Burn Belly Fat with T...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals