When to expect menstrual cycle after d & c?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Hi all. I am curious to know when I can "expect" my next period.  I had a d & c on the 18th of Feb and from what I understand, my period should come around 4-6 weeks later. I want to know specifically from those who have had d & c's if this was actually the case. When did you have your period after your d & c?? Thanks much.
I didn't have D&C but after MC I got AF 34 days later.....hope you get it on time so you can get started again.....good luck

Brandi
Avatar n tn
I got my first AF 30 days after my D&C, a little later than normal, but not by much.  I was 10weeks along when I had the procedure w/ an HCG over 60,000.
It's so hard to say... depending on your situation. I m/c in Nov. and I had "periods" fairly regularly but my hCG levels were still really high and I wasn't ovulating.  So, if you're wondering when you'll ovulate you will have to wait til your numbers are down to 10 or below.  At least that's what I've been told and I've been charting with OPK's and it proved true for me.  I hope that helps and I'm so sorry for your loss.  Keep you chin up!  I'm TWW and will pray that AF doesn't come in two weeks! :)
I forgot to mention... I had my D&C on 12/8 and it took til March 13th for me to ovulate.
Thanks guys!!! Just wanting to know because its been about 4 weeks and nothing yet. What does OPK mean?? Thanks
Thanks so much for the responses! i really appreciate it. God Bless!
Avatar n tn
I misscarried at 18 weeks on 4/25/06 had a d/c on 4/27/06. I got my period within 3-4 weeks. I conceived right after. Unfortunatley I misscarried that one too but after that d/c and laparoscopy(for endometriosis) I never had a period I got preg immediately afterward. Upon ultrasound, according to the baby's measurements they gave me a LMP date of 2 days after my surgery. So it's hard to say what your body will do. Use the ovulation predictor kit. It worked well for me. I am very sorry for your loss. The hurt doesn't go away completely but it does get better.
I had first af 29 days after d&c it lasted 12 days and was heavy at times.I just started 2nd cycle and it took 32 days for this one but it seems like normal so far.My cycles used to be 28 days before pregnancy.I was 10 weeks when I had D&C.Hope this helps.
It's "ovulation predictor kit" ....you can find them with the home pregnancy tests (HPT).  GOOD LUCK!!  It's a waiting game! :) ~T
Hi.  I started on the 34th day after d&c.  My m/c was also last month.  I'm sorry for your loss.
Avatar n tn
Is the typical wait time the same for a  D & C, if it was due to an issue with your uterous lining and not due to a miscarriage?  Does the body react the same regardless of why it was needed?  Thanks!

D
Hi I am 32 days post d&c and still waiting for my periode. I was diagnosed with a blighted ovum at 8 weeks, had pills to help misscarry and ended up hemoraging at 10wks, so they did an emergency d&c. I really want my periode so I can try again anyone have similare experience?
TO" SARONNA
i had a d&c and didnt get a wait for the return of my period. we convienced two weeks after our d&c so you dont have to wait.. if your body is ready it will do its job.
Thank you
I wish it were like that for me, but we have to use doner sperm. I am feeling so down about it right now, litterally all my girl friends are pregnant and I am only 27, they are 34-40, I am letting this out onmline 'cause I can't in real life, I am just happy for them in real life. So thanks for listening.
Avatar n tn
i had a miscarriage followed by d&c. My period has been regular since then for the last four months however I have a pain in my uterus during my menstrual cycle. Anyone have this same thing? It is that same feeling I had in my uterus after the D&C.
Avatar n tn
I had miscarried on Aug 26 (I was 9 weeks and was told the baby stopped growing at 7 weeks.) I had a D&C on Aug 28, I had some slight bleeding in late October. I was told this was probably not my period since on Nov 13 I experienced horrible cramps and very heavy bleeding for 5 days. My doctor has been awful throughout this whole experience. I have had many problems contacting and getting straight answers from her. Does it seem normal that  I went almost 3 months till I got my period. My husband and I have continued TTC, but I'm not even sure if that is even possible yet. I'm so frustrated, I just wish I had any idea what was going on with my body. Any help or insight would be appreciated!
Hi I had my dnc 11/19/09 and had my period 5 weeks later but I'm still irregular and I'm having horrible cramping like I have another tubal or another m/c! I'm scared! I got on the depo shot n dec. So not sure if that's why! If any1 can offer any advice on what to do I would appreciate it! I've had 2m/c a tubal and a dnc cz the baby died @ 5wks5days! Thanks alot
Hi Saronna,

I had mine exactly July 13 2010 up till now I am yet to see my period.  Pls keep me posted on ***@**** as soon as yours come.  Mine is exactly 44 days today.  I hope it comes.  I am getting botthered
T had a D&C over 6weeks ago and still no period and negative pregnancy test,  I called my dr and they didn't seem worried.  They said it can take up to 12weeks to get a period after D&C. This goes against everything I have read online...should I be worried??? Or possibly take another test in couple more weeks? CONFUSED...
Avatar n tn
I'm in the same boat. It has been 6 weeks since my D&C. My cycles are normally 34 days long to practically the minute. We found out we had a missed miscarriage at 13 weeks and I had the procedure the next day. I also called my doctor and the nurse on call said it's normal to take anywhere from 4-8 weeks to get a period. After 8 weeks, if a pregnancy test is negative, I need to see my doctor to talk about my options. The nurse was very vague but I've read online that they give you a pill to start your cycle again. I'm not calling if I go past 8 weeks. I'm going to count on my body to do it's thing naturally. I almost wish that's what I would have done after finding out the baby had no heartbeat-left it to nature. I just couldn't stand to know my baby was dead inside of me. Let me know what happens with you. Is the waiting killing you like it is me?!
I am going threw that now. Did your body end up fixing it self? did you start and when? Thanks
I went for a normal ultrasound on 4/4 and they couldnt hear a heart beat they said my baby stop growing at 7wks i was suppose to be 12 wks at the time . the doctors gave me an option because at that time the baby was still in me the doctors wanted me to wait up to 10 days to see if it will release on its own but i wasnt mentally prepared for that so i got the d and c on 4/8/14.I havent came on my period yt but me and my guy was and still are trying again ever since the doctor said we could but still no sign its been almost 2 months no mentrual yet .. some ppl told me i could get pregnant right after the MC hopefully thats the case
Sorry for all your losses,you can never really be prepared for what a dandc is and the aftermath! I went for an emergency scan after spotting slightly I though I was thirteen weeks 6 days,  after been examined by a gyno the night before the scan I was filled with hope that everything was great I was going to see my baby tomorrow (3Rd pregnancy) but that wasn't the case the three ladies looked at me with tears in there eye and disbelief as one of them was doing the scan I was informed that my baby no longer had a heart beat and had died at 17 weeks 6 days,my first though was three of them and they can't get my dates right turns out my body  thought it was still pregnant ns carried on doing what it should to 18 weeks 6 days, I still to this day nearly two weeks after snc don't know what's worse my baby dying or finding out I was nearly in and gender stage in pregnancy! I will always hate Feb 12th and mark it as the worse day of my life, as for Valentines day 2016 I'll never celebrate it again as that was the day I haemorrhage and nearly lost my own life and had to be transfused in the er after an emergency dandc, I feel robbed and beyond emotionless but all I can think about is what we meant to be,  June won't be the same as it'll always be there that was due date month but like the rest of you all I wanna do is try again and pray for. Baby in the end of it all so as a mother I can learn ro move forward and the emptiness won't be so bad :(
KTowne Pretty sure if baby is a gi... Comment
KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
KeeLolo commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals