White Discharge that isn't yeast

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

White Discharge that isn't yeast

I've posted on this subject several times before, but I still have the same problem.  About a year ago, I noticed a thick, pasty white discharge.  It doesn't itch or have an odor and I have it constantly.  Several people have suggested it has something to do with my cycle, but it doesn't change. I've been to the doctor and it is not yeast.  The doctor calls it my "natural" dishcarge.  I can tell it's almost like shedding dead skin (sorry if TMI)  My biggest problem is the annoyance in general and mess after sex.  It's honestly just gross.  It's always present and I see it everytime I go to the bathroom.  I would do ANYTHING to get this to go away!  I have a very active healthy sexual relationship with my boyfriend, but I'm constantly worried and paranoid about this.  Someone suggested evening primrose, which I purchased, but have seen not results from.  Any suggestions or guidance would be appreciated!
It sounds like an infection.  (If not yeast, then another kind.)  I assume you have been checked for bv, and for stds?  If you have and are certain it is none of these (in other words, you trust your doctor), have you tried douching with apple cider vinegar?  I am not a douching fan, but if this is really driving you nuts, you might try it.
I was just at the doctor June 1st and got checked for everything.  I had a mild case of BV and was prescribed cream which cleared up the infection (that I didn't know I had) right away.  The white discharge was present before and is still, weeks after finishing the prescription.  I do not think the discharge and the BV are related.  I do trust my doctor.  I'm not a fan of douching either, but I may try this.  I'm willing to try anything at this point!
Good luck!
I just looked up some sites under "douche cider vinegar" and found recipes for douches that were as strong as half vinegar, half water and as weak as one tablespoon to a half-quart of water.  So there is some room for experimenting.  I tend to trust vinegar more than any other douching substance...the only time I ever needed to douche was to clean out some medicine, and I used a big syringe body to insert it while sitting on the toilet.  Bounced up and down a couple of times (in my imagination, shaking up the water and swishing it around to clean me out LOL) and then sucked it out with the syringe body again.  It's an easy way to do it, just move the pump rather slowly so you don't create high pressure either way (in or out).  Again, good luck!
I have the exact same problem and I'm honestly at my wit's end.  I've had this discharge for more than a year now.  I've gone to 3 different gynos and I've tried everything.  A few years ago, I had a few mild cases of BV and took metrogel---  then last May, I thought I had BV again with this discharge and I took the metrogel again but nothing changed.  I've tried several different antibiotics, both vaginal and oral, I've done Monistat and Diflucan... I even had one doctor prescribe boric acid pills for a month.  I tried plain yogurt at one point, but that didn't help either.

The most frustrating part about this is that every time I go to my doctor, my cultures come up negative for everything.  No yeast, no trich, no indication of BV.  I'm beginning to wonder if this is because of the ortho tricyclen I've been on for more than three years.  I asked one of my doctors who said it was a possibility, but he refused to tell me to stop taking a birth control pill because he was very concerned about pregnancy. Bu I've had the same partner for 4 years and we stopped having vaginal sex a long time ago because of this, so there's really no threat of pregnancy here since sex is essentially impossible.  The discharge persists....  Any ideas?  I'm hesitant to douche with anything though because I'm concerned about causing a worse infection and/or PID.
I have been having the same problem for the longest time and like you I hate it. It's a major embarrassment. I have done a lot of research on it and have found nothing worth looking into, I have gone to the gynecologist and the results keep coming back negative. But I have found something I think you might be interested to research. It's called LEUCORRHOEA also commonly known as "The whites". Im in this with you so don't feel alone but look into it and hopefully this is the answer we have both been looking for.
Hello, I have had this same problem for 2 years now and finally i found out how to get rid of it.  I ****** with 50/50 hydrogen peroxide and water for about 7 days and i disappears. I also use acidophilus tablets to keep the flora down there up to par.  I'm not a fan of douching either but after using the hydrogen peroxide i don't feel dry or striped down there. The white discharge usually goes away around day 3 or 4 but i continue to 7 just to be proactive.
Does the hydrogen peroxide kill the good bacteria as well? Also, do you take the acidophilus orally or vaginally? Thanks!
i have a problem my discharge is white pasty when ever i put my finger in my vergina it comes out crumble and i can roll it up with my finger my doctor told me that i have chlamydia and i was treated and i'm taking a antibiotic called APO-METRONIDAZLOE to clean out wat ever leaves in my system i'm a bit scared and i don't really trust my doctor. from i come to know myself i've been trying so hard to keep myself away from things like these, u can't trust anyone not even ur partner.