White discharge with dark brown spots!

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

White discharge with dark brown spots!

I went to go to get checked & the doctor told me i had some kind of bacteria infec goin on & a yeast infection, prescribed me medication for 1 week for the bacteria & 1 pill for the yeast infection, i also just started birth control, & now im done with the pills but still taking birth control, i started to notice Thick White Discharge with Dark Brown Spots..im worried! what could it be..?
Well when youre on birth control and take antibiotics, your birth control wont work. Have you been having any lower abdominal pain? If so, you could be having a miscarriage. The dark brown spots could also just be old blood that was built up.
uhm no..i havent, just today i noticed some spotting in the morning then at work i started bleeding, but dark brown..ive always had RANDOM lower abdominal pain, & bad sharp pain..
Brown discharge can be due to ovarian problems, hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, crashed dieting, use of birth control pills, change in environment, excessive exercise etc. Heavy bleeding can be due to can be due to hormonal imbalance, fibroids and polyps (non cancerous growth) in the uterus, endometriosis (deposits of the inner lining of the uterus in the pelvic cavity) etc. You might have to go for a complete hormone profile and ultrasonography to know the cause of this .Get in touch with an Obstetrician and Gynecologist for further assistance.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.