White head on my nipple?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences: medical conditions, general health, and management.

White head on my nipple?

9136987?1369338159
Hello, I'm not pregnant and never have been. About two days ago my dog jumped off my chest and scratched my left nipple. The next day I saw a white head on my nipple and it hurts when it is touched or any type of contact. There is no type of discharge or secretion and I don't know if it was caused by the scratch or if it just made me notice it but I would like to know if this is normal among non pregnant and non nursing females. As of now it's not quite as tender to touch but the area is still sensitive, so any help on this would be most appreciated, THanks in advance ! ^_^
It is never normal to have something come up on your nipple or breast.

This white spot seems white large.  I cannot see on the photo if the surrounding area is inflamed.  

I suggest you go to your doctor so that he can lance it for you to get rid of the rubbish as you are not able to this yourself.

If there is any infection on the surrounding skin, the doctor will be able to prescribe a course of antibiotics.

Best wishes.
There is no infection or anything like to sort on the surrounding skin. Also there is no inflammation. It's just a white spot that looks like a "milk blister" or "bleb" which as far as i can tell only relates to those who breast feed, which I do not as I am not with child or expecting. So kinda confusing atm lol
I don't know any one who breast feeds having this problem.  My daughter-in-law has had 4 children which she breast fed each one for well over a year and she never had anything like that.

I breast fed for my daughter for 9 months and never had any spots on my nipples.  I stopped breast feeding her when she bit me with her 2 teeth, otherwise I would have breast fed for longer.

I did get mastitis whilst I was breast feeding and this is an infection of the breast and it was very inflamed and extremely painful.  I still had to extract the milk from the breast.  Luckily the poultices and antibiotics the doctor gave me got rid of the infection.

So in answer to your question, it is not normal for breastfeeding or non breastfeeding women to have anything appear like that on their nipples.

Glad to hear that it is easy off.
I had one and i know i shouldnt of and i did have a kid but i poke it lol white stuff came out just like a pimple. Being its on the outside and its not as tender i would watch it. I bet its a pimple as were not.doctors u cant say for sure but i am guessing its tender because our nipples are sensitive. If it goes away i Say ur good. Just watch it if it dont get worse and its starting to disappear i wouldnt worrt about it. U can get pimples and whiteheads there.
Because you had a child and were still lactating (the breast making milk), when you poked about and pressed on the nipple it encouraged the milk to come out of your nipples.  

In fact pregnant women, and men if they have a problem with their hormones due to the pituitary gland, can also lactate.

A woman who is not pregnant and not breast feeding, should not have milk coming out of the milk ducts.
The white spot that you have on your nipple is a cyst.

Your doctor would be able to give you advice on getting it removed.  

Best wishes.
im 19 and i have the same thing and its like they are white heads and i sqeez them and they are just like white heads and i have never been pregnant
Not supposed to squeeze them at all!! Can cause infection.
I have had the exact same thing and it looks just like yours in the picture but is in the very center... did you ever find out what it was or what it was caused by?
carolineisscared added the Sleep Tracker
alisa0714 commented on Vaginal Itching
alisa0714 commented on Chlamydia
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals