WOMEN'S HEALTH
COMMUNITY
White heads on vagina
by Briney, May 17, 2006
I recently turned 20 and I'm not sexually active. That said, I never thought that this problem was weird until I realized it probably should have gone away by now - there are little whiteheads  on my vagina, exclusively on the labia majora. It's been like this practically since I hit puberty, but like I said I never imagined it was any different from the next girl's vagina - in middle school health class we were all told that it's normal to get pimples in "strange places" during puberty, but they never went into detail. They never said, "oh, if you start getting zits on your vagina then you're really messed up."

The affected area looks kind of like the skin of a plucked chicken. It's never sore and doesn't cause me any problems, so I'm mainly worried that it's a symptom of something else that could be worse. It's not caused by shaving because a) I don't shave my labia, and b) I don't shave at all. It's not caused by feminine soaps or perfumes because I don't use them.

Sometimes I get fissures or larger pimples, but not often and they always go down, and I consider them as probably isolated occurrences. I should mention that I have acne and greasy skin on most of my body.

Can anyone give me an idea of what this is? Should I freak out that it took me so long to realize it could be bad?
Member Comments (12)
by adflkhwyeldhdxd, May 17, 2006
If what you're describing is what I'm thinking of, those are totally normal.  I have them too, it looks like the skin of a chicken.  I wouldn't call them pimples though, they don't have pus in them.  Hope this helps...
by sammie13, Jul 11, 2009
i have them too and i was wondering the same thing but i do shave. so myabe thats why. but whats weird about mine is i can also the pop them. is that something i should be concerned about??
by kma2006, Jul 23, 2009
I also have them and the look more like whiteheads when i get outta the shower but they dont bother me at all i just hate that they just randomly appeared.. Any ideas on how to get rid of them?
by Msjackson123, Jul 30, 2009
its sounds as though i have exactley the same thing.
Is there any way to get ridd off them??....
by Rgibson, Jan 01, 2010
I have then too !
in the same spot
so i guess its just normal
by jessica2505, Jul 11, 2010
I have them too and I am only 12 years old. It is normal when going through puberty and every female gets them so there is nothing wrong about them being there. They are sore when they first start growing but after that, they just feel like little bumps.

From Jessica.
by diamondcopur, Oct 14, 2011
when do they go away? how do you get rid of them? i don't think they're normal no one i know has them... that i'm aware of. i'm only 15 and i have them really bad and i feel like they're never going to go away and i'm scared that there's something wrong with me.
by diamondcopur, Oct 14, 2011
when do they go away? how do you get rid of them? i don't think they're normal no one i know has them.... that i know of. i'm really scared because mine are a little more extreme than what people here are saying there's so many and they're all over that area. i'm 15. please help.