White unpainful bump on labia minora

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

White unpainful bump on labia minora

I have a small white unpainful bump on my labia minora, which has been there for approx 6 months. Im am quite concerned about this and went to see my local doctor, who advised me it didnt look like a wart, perhaps it was a blocked gland and she then she prescribed me some cream for it. After a week of using the cream it didnt clear up at all so i went back to her for another check up. She said I had nothing to worry about and that it looks like a small pimple / ingrown hair /boil lesion and she couldnt prescribe me anything else to clear it up. Im not satisfied with what she told me as Im sure that if it was a pimple / ingrown hair /boil lesion it would be painful. I dont believe it would be a wart, could it be a cyst or something else like that? And what can I use to clear it up? Also, if it did happen to be a wart, would HPV show up in my pap smear results? Ive had sleepless nights worrying about this and I just want to know what it could be.
Avatar n tn
well...my first intuition was genital warts ( i have been researching this lately) until you said your dr. did not feel it was such. they do know! this is something they see almost daily and if it were indeed genital warts he/she should know. its "textbook".
i would trust what he/she has told you. however, if you are not satisfied, you should seek a 2nd opinion. i may also suggest a bartholins cyst but those are more purplish in color and hurt. perhaps what you have is coming to a "head" and that is why it is white. i dont know. try placing a HOT cloth on it as often as you can and see if it relieves itself (assuming its a cyst of some kind). i dont know, i am trusting of dr's. so i am inclined to go with what they say but like i said, seek a 2nd opinion if you are not.
Avatar n tn
So what was it? I still think doctors don't know as much as the say as they misdiagnosed my genital herpies (herpes)! And she has been and gynecological oncologist for 21 years!!!!
i have one small lunp on my labia minora i have checked all the gental war sights but looks notink like it it smooth and white and there is only one
Fordyce's spots[1]  are small, painless, raised, pale, red or white spots or bumps 1 to 3 mm in diameter that may appear on the shaft of the penis or on the labia, as well as the inner surface (retromolar mucosa) and vermilion border of the lips of the face. They are common in men and women of all ages. They are named after an American  dermatologist, John Addison Fordyce.[2]  On the head of the penis, they are called Tyson's glands,[3]  not to be confused with Hirsuties papillaris genitalis.[4]

The spots are a form of ectopic sebaceous gland: normally, sebaceous glands are only found in association with a hair follicle. They are not known to be associated with any disease or illness and are of cosmetic concern only. They aren't infectious and are a natural occurrence on the body. Men sometimes consult with a dermatologist because they are worried they may have a sexually transmitted disease (especially genital warts) or some form of cancer, but this is not the case.[5] They may equally be worried about the appearance of their penis and what their sexual partner might think of it.[6]
Well I am a 21 year old female who has recently noticed small pinpoint whitish bumps that appear only if I stretch out the labia minora.  They seem to be under the skin, not raised much.  I'm so scared I have an STD, though they could be fordyce spots as well. I'm not to sure, they do not bother me and I have recently had a pap that showed that I was clear of everything.  I questioned the nurse who said she was sure they would have found a sign of an STD if there was one present...I need advice.
It could be milia. Most common in babies but you can get them at any age and in any location.
Avatar n tn
Hi! Im 16 and I just noticed this bumps all over my outer labia. both sides! they dont stick out as much but you can feel it easily and you can see it clearly if you tighten up the skin o strech it. there white and small but still different sizes... i have alot but they dont bother me and you cant really see it if you dont stretch the skin... I dont know how long ive had them but im embarassed tu ask my mom or go to a gyno.. is it normal? i am NOT sexually active.
I have a small white bump on my labia minora as well. I discovered it some time ago (before I was sexually active). To be honest I forget its even there.. I can't feel it, its not painful. I wouldn't describe it as a pimple as it's a bit larger than a normal pimple would be (although still small) and it doesn't look 'squeezable'- as lovely as that sounds...

Like most people I am a bit embarrassed to go to my mom or speak to a doctor- but i supposed that would be the most logical thing to do. I have done countless google searches but have not found anything to really ease my mind.

I'm 17 and the way these girls describe what they got is also what I feel like I have. But I am sexually active. I don't have Medicaid and I'm scared. My last partner said he was clean because he got checked out. Ugh this is so frustrating.
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
1 min ago
Des_a_rae, and KTowne commented on Des_a_rae's status
37 mins ago
Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
38 mins ago
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals