White vaginal spots

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

White vaginal spots

I have white spots on the inner lip of my vagina and they arent sore or itcy and dont burn but i am very worried, do you have an idea what they are?
The first possibility is of fungal or yeast infection which is causing itching and white discoloration around the area. This possibility can be ruled out by getting a KOH examination of the skin scrapings of the area done.  
The second possibility is of lichen sclerosus. It effects mostly women and causes itching and white discoloration of the genitalia especially vulva and the anus. The white discolored skin may cause fragile skin which may become damaged, inflamed, raw, and prone to painful splitting and cracking. To confirm the diagnosis a small sample (biopsy) of affected skin may be taken under local anaesthetic.

I hope it helps. It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.