Why am I suddenly sweating so profusely?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I have suddenly started sweating profusely over the least amount of exertion. I'm 59, and worked at a very sedentary job for nearly 25 years, was unemployed for a few months and then took a temporary job in a college bookstore where I had to be on my feet and constantly moving. The sweating began slowly during that time and now, two months later, I am dripping wet at the slightest exertion. I've been very active in that I am moving and I've lost enough weight that a pair of jeans that were comfortably snug are now falling off of me. I am on medication for my thyroid (100 mcg Synthroid daily) and for my blood pressure (Diltiazem). I went through the change 10 yrs ago and did have some hot flashes now and then in the past nine months, but this is something completely different. I can't take the garbage out, do the laundry, or change my grandson's diaper without sweating like a horse, and I seem have no noticeable body odor. Since I have no insurance, I can't just run to the doctor to ask.
Excessive sweating is called hyperhidrosis and thyroid causes like hyperthyroidism is an important cause. Maybe the dose of Synthyroid is more and the dose needs to be adjusted by your physician.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.