Women's Health Community
Why are my breasts getting smaller when I haven't lost any weight?...
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why are my breasts getting smaller when I haven't lost any weight?

I'm 20 years old and my breast size has been decreasing rapidly. I used to be a 32 C, but now I'm about a 32 A, maybe 32 AA. This has happened pretty quickly and I know for a fact I haven't lost any weight whatsoever. I might have gained weight actually. I haven't been working out at all or eating less, so I don't understand why this is happening. My periods have also become pretty irregular; it's hard to tell when it'll come around. I do get a lot of pain before and while I'm menstruating though. Oh and my boobs do not get larger when my period is near, which used to happen before. I'm not sure if this is related at all, but just in case it is, I've been getting more acne lately and dark spots on my face even though I keep my face clean and hardly eat any "junks". I just feel very tired, weak, and foggy a lot of the time as well. I don't know what's wrong and I don't have any health insurance at the moment. Please help.
Related Discussions
3 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
219241_tn?1357815389
You might have one of two things. Hyperthyroidism or a pituitary gland disorder.
Hyperthyroidism can lead to unexplained weight loss, and often for women it is in their breast area that goes first. You can be tired, weak, etc with it too.

Pituitary gland disorders are very common and can lead to lack of female hormones, hence your loss of breast tissue, and irregular periods.

Get them to do a full thyroid function test to start with.

You are going to have to pay or ask someone to pay for you as left untreated if it is hyperthyroidism, you are going to feel miserable for a long time.
Blank
The same thing has been happening to me and im only 15 years old. I use to be a 34C, now im sure that im a size 34A. I haven't been working out or eating less. My period is irregular as well, back then it use to last up to 2 months and now my period hasn't even started yet. Ive been having bad acne lately and dark spots on my face even though I keep my face clean. i usually dont eat junk food. i need help and i dont have medical insurance either...and my money situation isnt well.i live with my mom and 3 siblings...what should i do?
Blank
hi there, just saw your post.  I am 30 and for the 1st time experiencing the same thing.  did you ever find out whats causing your symptoms?  thanks
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...