Why are my nipples purple?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Why are my nipples purple?

My nipples are purple until they become hard, then they go back to normal. I just had my period and I know it's not because I'm pregnant, because I hadn't had sex since a couple weeks before my period. This really concerns me; I've never had this problem before. Should I be concerned?
Was your period normal?  A couple of weeks before your period is actually your most fertile time.  You might want to take a home pregnancy test.
Avatar n tn
Well I am pregnant now and that does change the color, but I do remember having darker nipples around the time of my periods. I think it has something to do with an increase of blood flow or hormones. My nipples were always really sore when I had my period too. So maybe we r just some of the women who have weird period symptoms....lol...!
Not weird.  My nipples do the same thing...turn darker when it's time for my period.  So, I'd say it must be normal...   :-)
Avatar n tn
my nipples turn purple after not wearing my bra for a while, it seems to go away when i put my bra back on.  this has been since my pregnancy 5 years ago? does anyone have any ideas? It scares me.

shiftmx
Avatar n tn
omg shiftmx, I have the exact same problem, that is why I am here reading these ads...did you happen to find out what the problem is?
Avatar n tn
I am 17, i have never had sex before, im on the birth control pill, and im on my period, and i have purple nipples, im a little worried, i kind of thought that it may have been a circulation problem, does anyone have any ideas??
Avatar n tn
I'm 18 and not pregnant and I have purple nipples sometimes too, reason why I checked here on the net first, got a bit worried.. Was thinking "is there something wrong with me?", but now I see there are more like me :)
I hope we can figure it out what it is ... I'ts creepy ;<
Avatar n tn
i just got done having sex. i went to go wash up looked in the mirror and saw one of my nipples turn purple. my husband and i have been worried that i am prago. is that one of the signs???
I Have Purple Nipples I Keep Been Sick I Can't Keep Any Food Down And I'm Sleeping All The Time What Could It Be Message Me Please I Need To Now
Go pee on a stick.
I had sex 3 times 2days ago the day after I started bleeding he cam in me 2 I used contraception gel but once he didn&#39;t I&#39;m in me once I used it after he cam in me and the other time befor it was my medium fertility window. So why am I bleeding my period not due fore 10 more days
KTowne, and Belle313 commented on Belle313's status
KTowne 5 more sleeps!!! :):) Comment
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals