Women's Health Community
Why are my nipples purple?
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Why are my nipples purple?

My nipples are purple until they become hard, then they go back to normal. I just had my period and I know it's not because I'm pregnant, because I hadn't had sex since a couple weeks before my period. This really concerns me; I've never had this problem before. Should I be concerned?
Related Discussions
12 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
175665_tn?1306462624
Was your period normal?  A couple of weeks before your period is actually your most fertile time.  You might want to take a home pregnancy test.
Blank
Well I am pregnant now and that does change the color, but I do remember having darker nipples around the time of my periods. I think it has something to do with an increase of blood flow or hormones. My nipples were always really sore when I had my period too. So maybe we r just some of the women who have weird period symptoms....lol...!
Blank
143123_tn?1274304425
Not weird.  My nipples do the same thing...turn darker when it's time for my period.  So, I'd say it must be normal...   :-)
Blank
my nipples turn purple after not wearing my bra for a while, it seems to go away when i put my bra back on.  this has been since my pregnancy 5 years ago? does anyone have any ideas? It scares me.

shiftmx
Blank
omg shiftmx, I have the exact same problem, that is why I am here reading these ads...did you happen to find out what the problem is?
Blank
I am 17, i have never had sex before, im on the birth control pill, and im on my period, and i have purple nipples, im a little worried, i kind of thought that it may have been a circulation problem, does anyone have any ideas??
Blank
I'm 18 and not pregnant and I have purple nipples sometimes too, reason why I checked here on the net first, got a bit worried.. Was thinking "is there something wrong with me?", but now I see there are more like me :)
I hope we can figure it out what it is ... I'ts creepy ;<
Blank
i just got done having sex. i went to go wash up looked in the mirror and saw one of my nipples turn purple. my husband and i have been worried that i am prago. is that one of the signs???
Blank
im 11 and im a virgin, i got my period about 3months ago, and before that and still now sometimes i get purple nipples, they itch and hurt. im getting more scarred and have no clue on what to do, PLEASEE ANSWER?
Blank
I Have Purple Nipples I Keep Been Sick I Can't Keep Any Food Down And I'm Sleeping All The Time What Could It Be Message Me Please I Need To Now
Blank
Your breast and nipples are growing sweety . You are11 you have only just begun. rubbing them or rubbing them with baseline will help. The itching had to fade on its own, you can try ice for the itching. I use to massage mine, and when they hurt now i rub them sometimes while people are around..oh well they hurt and you are human.
Blank
Go pee on a stick.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979