Why can't I get wet during intercourse?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Why can't I get wet during intercourse?

Lately my boyfriend and I are having some pretty aggravating issues. Whenever we're engaging in foreplay and intercourse, I simply don't get wet. Sometimes we go ahead and do it dry anyways because I start to get wet once we start actually doing it. But about 5 minutes later i'm dry and in pain again. It's getting to be quite a bit of a problem seeing as he thinks it's because I'm not interested in him, he doesn't think he's doing well, or I'm just not attracted to him. Although none of these are anywhere near true and i constantly remind him that im into it and attracted to him, it does me no good. He's got a very very healthy sex drive and likes to have sex once or more a day (that's not to say he can't go without it but if it was his way, we'd be shacked up in the bed 70% of the time.) Also, when we first got together I had no problems with lubrication. Can anyone tell me what's going on with my body? I'm into it but my body isn't. And please don't suggest lubricants, I've already tried a few different ones and my vagina seems to 'soak them up.' They just end up drying me out and I'm left feeling sticky. I'm also not on any birth control. Please help!!! I would like to get back to enjoying sex and not feeling like a desert when I do.    
Talk to your doctor ...
I have the same problem, but mine is just from medication side effects. A naturopathic doctor prescribed me suppositories from a naturopathic college pharmacy and they really helped.

Make sure you're not allergic to the lube. Get his junk checked out, as much as he might resist. Yours too. More foreplay! Drink lots of water and you could try drinking aloe juice.

Also, take Vitamin A orally, eat organic coconut oil (not for an extended period of time, but it will help a lot - plus it gives you a ton of energy and helps you lose belly weight) and insert Vitamin E capsules before sex ... you don't have to pop them.

Mostly, go to the doctor ...

I'm so sorry this is happening to you ... I hope you find a solution that works soon!!
Talk to your doctor ...

Mostly, go to the doctor ...

Belle313 See journal for 5/24/16 Comment
1 hr ago
Best Multivitamins for Men
4 hrs ago by gymdandee
KTowne commented on photo
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals