Why do I keep bleeding during sex?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Why do I keep bleeding during sex?

I just lost my virginity to my bf 2 weeks ago and I bled a little. We assumed its because he popped my cherry. But a couple days later he tried to finger me and we stopped because I bled a lot. A week went by and we tried to have sex again and I started bleeding a lot again. Like I bled enough to think I was on my period both times, but after a while it'd stop and I didnt bleed anymore. What's wrong with me? I'm thinking about going to the clinic to ask and for birth control but if you guys could give me answers...it'd be appreciated.
it is normal to bleed your first time, though not everyone does. however, the amount of bleeding you describe does not sound normal and it is not normal to bleed after sex every time. i would make a doctors appointment to have a pelvic exam done, also have them check you for vaginal infections such as a yeast infection because this is easily cured but can cause bleeding after intercourse. Good luck!
Hi, I just wanted to throw this out there as a possibility!  I was doing this as well and it even got to the point where I'd bleed just out of the blue during the month and when I'd do something strenuous.  I had exams and things anyways, they finally did a laparoscopy and hysteroscopy (thought I had endo as well) but they found out not only did I have endometriosis but I also had a polyp in the middle of my uterus. Polyps cause irregular bleeding!  Might be something to read up on. Wishing you the best!! Take care and please let us know what they find!! :)    

Oh and if you have any questions about this and you'd like to ask please feel free! I don't mind at all and would be glad to help in any way I can. :)
Thanks, I'm gonna check with the clinic tomorrow morning. Is this really what yeast infections do? O_O
Ohh..whoa, thanks. Umm...does that mean you'll bleed everytime you have sex? >.<
well u may bleed because ur virgina still tight also
Well that just depends. If it is polyps and speaking from my personal experience with them, yes. I bled everytime. Sometimes worse than others but everytime. I got to the point where I didn't even want to have sex anymore. Plus with the endo I hurt very badly. My sex life almost became non existent!  Please let me know what the dr. says. Take Care! :D
good day.. its my 2nd time that i had sex with my bf. while were doin it, we saw blood and so we stopped. is this normal?  i gt so paranoid already. :( please help me.