Why has my period lasted for over 2 weeks?
Why has my period lasted for over 2 weeks? I am on Implanon, and my periods have always been irregular, but since the implanon insertion, my periods have gotten farther and farther apart (over 2.5 months between menstration) and the periods themselves have gotten longer. I am currently in what seems to be the middle of a menstual cycle in which my period started on the 3rd, making it just over 2 weeks of moderate flow. Why?
You seem to be having the symptoms of menometrorrhagia. Various factors causing it are endometriosis, ectopic pregnancy, hormone imbalance,endometrial hyperplasia, polyps, use of IUD’s and depo shots, sexually transmitted diseases, PCOS and benign and malignant pathologies of the uterus. What you are having is metrorrhagia due to Mirena IUD.
I would advise a gynecologist’s evaluation and an ultrasound uterus to ruled out the above possibilities.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.