Why have I been spotting for 2 weeks?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Why have I been spotting for 2 weeks?

I am 20 years old and have been spotting for over 2 weeks. I have been on YAZ birth control pill for over 2 years consistently and have been very happy with it up until this point. The spotting appeared unexpectedly and is mostly dark with thick blood clots. Sometimes I have not gotten my period in the past while on this birth control, or have skipped it intentionally (by starting a new pack and skipping sugar pills) and I am wondering if the spotting is due to a build up of lining or whatever in my uterus?
I went to the doctors and she said that my blood pressure was abnormally high and that I should discontinue the use of YAZ. Because I had intercourse the other day, she wants me to finish the last few pills and then stop taking them and wait for a heavy flow to come. After, she wants me to come back to see what is going on up in there. She also had me pee in a cup.
I can not sleep because I am wondering if there is a chance I could be pregnant? I am sexually active with my boyfriend of 3 years and I might have taken a few pills late at the end of last month... My breasts are sore and heavy and I am more tired and hungry than usual. I will take an at home test tomorrow, but I feel so anxious.