Why have I been spotting for 2 weeks?
I am 20 years old and have been spotting for over 2 weeks. I have been on YAZ birth control pill for over 2 years consistently and have been very happy with it up until this point. The spotting appeared unexpectedly and is mostly dark with thick blood clots. Sometimes I have not gotten my period in the past while on this birth control, or have skipped it intentionally (by starting a new pack and skipping sugar pills) and I am wondering if the spotting is due to a build up of lining or whatever in my uterus?
I went to the doctors and she said that my blood pressure was abnormally high and that I should discontinue the use of YAZ. Because I had intercourse the other day, she wants me to finish the last few pills and then stop taking them and wait for a heavy flow to come. After, she wants me to come back to see what is going on up in there. She also had me pee in a cup.
I can not sleep because I am wondering if there is a chance I could be pregnant? I am sexually active with my boyfriend of 3 years and I might have taken a few pills late at the end of last month... My breasts are sore and heavy and I am more tired and hungry than usual. I will take an at home test tomorrow, but I feel so anxious.