Why is my clitoris bleeding?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Why is my clitoris bleeding?

I had a swollen lump that was hard and painful to sit , walk anything. So I went to the doctor and she said to try warm compresses, sitz baths and see if it goes away. Well it did after a couple days I woke up and it had bleed and pussed out. (sorry to be gross) Well that was in december. I am a little concerend because I still have little tiny droplets of blood daily. Its not swollen or red or painful anymore. Could it still be leaking to clear itself up after a couple months? Thanks for your help
First of all, go back to the doctor, it sounds like it could still be infected, possibly further up into it. You do not want the infection to spread into your blood stream.

Also I'm writing to make you aware  of a rather serious autoimmune disease called Behcet's Syndrome. This disease's initial symptoms closely resemble the herpes virus, causing itching, inflammation, vaginal sores, fissures, cuts, boils, or folliculitis (ingrown hairs). Other symptoms develop years later, so it is very important that you find out just what it is that is causing your symptoms. Don't be too quick to brush it off as nothing, Behcet's disease affects people of every age and every race. Also, be careful choosing a doctor, you want to see someone who know's enough to tell you what Behcet's Syndrome is all about, if they don't know that, they don't know enough to help you. It is not contagious, it just happens to people. Visit the American Behcet's Disease Association website message board for more information. Also, sex without a condom will trigger a flare of this disease, Behcet's patients have a reaction to human to human genital contact of any kind. This means they'll need to use condoms even with their spouse inorder to control symptoms.
Still, people with Behcet's Syndrome will have "flares" even if they don't have sex at all. Any type of stress, illness, or injury can trigger an attack. The attacks will get worse and cause other symptoms throughout the body.