Why is my stomach cramping?

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Why is my stomach cramping?

My last 2 periods struggled to even last a few days, were brown in colour, and were a lot lighter than I've ever experienced. Anyways, I've had cramping since my last period, which is well over a week now. The cramping is mild, and in my lower abdomen. Although it's now started in my lower back, and sides, as well as just below my belly button. Nothing painful, just uncomfortable. Also, I've had a lot of nausea alongside this. To the point where both the cramping and nausea are waking me up and keeping me up for hours on end. I've been sleeping quite a bit lately too, any chance to close my eyes and I can't resist!

I'm not due for anything up to 2-3 weeks for my next period. No problems with the implant either - I've had it for months!

The cramping has gone from little twinges here and there in my lower abdomen, to the point where it's practically there most of the time, even waking me up in the nights! Anyone understand why my stomach is cramping? Never had this before :|

Thanks!
Forgot to add, also my lower stomach has actually bloated out for no reason!
It might be because you have eaten or done something unusual. But sometime the body does just act weird. The brown period is fine, nothing wrong with it. You may want to ask a doctor or take cramp pills...
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals