Why pms symptoms but no period?

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Why pms symptoms but no period?

my question is why do I get these pms symptoms before my period but no period never comes? Doesn't your body know that it is not coming so it should not trigger all these annoying symptoms?
Yesterday i had a horrible pms migraine and have been waiting and waiting for my period to come, i've had bloating, cramps, insomnia, moodswings, and very sore breats and a general blah feeling for two about two weeks now and i was due about a week ago. I am pretty much irregualr. But why the pms symptoms but no period, why should one get these symptoms at the right time but no period, does this make any sense?
i just don't get it....ugggh!
you didnt say when you are due for your period?
sometimes us gals can really be effected by ovulation too.
Are you at that age?
i am 38 yrs old. I have never been regular with my period. I was told that I have PCOS. I was counting on my period coming on around the 22 of december because It did come in november from the 23-25. I was told that I don't ovualate every month, so it is confusing for me to figure out my symptoms. I wish I could because i would like to get pregnant soon.
Well i think it's b/c of the PCOS that you are experiencing irregularity. PMS Symptoms not consistant with actual AF's visit.  But hey, pms & pregnancy symptoms are very similar, so maybe that one month you will get lucky.
I know this is a crazy qustions and i probably already know the answer, but isn't it hard to ovulate without an period. I never even considered that i could be pregnant, becuase my doctores has always told me that I do not ovulate.
wow..that is amazing..I would really like very much to get pregnant...my husband and I have been trying for 15 years. I sometimes get my period 2-4 times a year. It is not very often. My birthday was on christmas and I turned 38. I am hoping this will be he year that I get pregnant. I have an appt with my infertility dr on the 4th to get more info about taking Clomid. Does anyone have experience with taking clomid. Btw thanks very much for all the info you guys have given me so far.
When was your last period?  I think you can indeed get pregnant without having a period.  I know a girl who never got her period & was told she most likely wouldn't have kids.  So she had no reason to suspect she was 7 months pregnant, even when her stomach blew up.  She went to the doctor b/c of excessive weight gain & left having to plan a baby shower.
How many times a year do you get a period?  Is it really sporadic, like only 3 or 4 times a year?
Hi,I to have irregular periods.I never know when to expect it to come on.I have the pms symptoms like you,but no period.For about 6 or more years my husband and I tried to concieve (conceive),but didn't,so my gyn put me on clomid.I took it for four months,but nothing happened.He then went up on the mg. took it for about 4 months and still nothing.My doc.couldn't find nothing wrong.I went through all kinds of test.So he refered me to a infertilty specialist.He kept me on clomid and also went up on the mg.I done the IUI's for 6 months straight and no success in concieving.He then offered to refer me to a invitro doc,but I said no,I thought it wasn't meant for me to have a child.So,I went home went off the clomid had no period for 6 months and two months after having my period i got sick.Thought I had the flu,so I went to the doc.and guess what I found out I was six weeks pregnant.During the whole time I was on clomid I had a period every month the same day of the month each month.SO thats my experience with clomid.Somewhat it might of helped me,but I think it happened couse I gave up trying.Goodluck and I pray that everything works out for you.
I am 22 years old & now 42 days late on my period. I have hypothyroidism & I have been taking Levothyroxine since March 19, 2009. I was supposed to have AF on March 11 & April 13th & haven't had them but I have had sore breasts & gas LOL Sorry for the info but I get gassy & my breasts get really tender. Like right now, my breasts are tender,I am gassy,and I have been craving sweets. My Doctor put me on NECON 7/7/7 which is a generic form of birth control & I am on my 2nd day but I don't want to keep taking it because of the horror stories I've read online about it. I go tomorrow for a pelvic & transvaginal ultrasound to see if I have PCOS. I know back in 2007 I was diagnosed with "multiple follices on each ovary" & I think my right ovary is slightly larger than the left. I too have been trying to have babies for at least 4 years now. I know I am young but when you can't seem to get pregnant it makes you wanna try that much harder. My Mom had a tilted uterus & tried 3 years just to concieve (conceive) me & I am the only child. 2 years after I was born she had to have a hysterectomy because she had cancer cells on her uterus. So Anyway, I do understand what you are going through. We are both in the same boat.
I hardly ever had more than one period a year since I was 14. I was told by consultants at my hospital that I would find it very difficult to conceive because i wasnt ovulating.
Because of this, I used no contraceptive and I can tell you that i have had three children and the last was conceived when i was 38.
The basic truth is that many babies play hard to get and the times i got pregnant were when I was going at it like a rabbit. Its almost near impossible to judge my ovulation so I threw away the kits, forgot about trying and just did it as much as i could.
i dont believe that having irregular periods or no periods is abnormal. It is merely a natural variation. Who is to say what is normal ? Who makes that decision and definition ? Women who have poor health and impoverished women in starving countries with low body weight still conceive.
I think if you go and book a really expensive holiday to a country you wouldnt want to take a baby and book it at a dodgy agents that wont refund you or swap the holiday,,,is a sure fire way to get pregnant. Thats what i did and it worked for me.
Im not saying dont explore fertility treatments and options cos u might need a helping hand, but dont assume you wont get pregnant because of your age or your lack of periods because myself and most of the women in my family who had the same problems as you, have all conceived and it always seems to happen when you arent stressed about it.
my period dont come on till 7 more days haf sex on the 10 2 days after start crampin for the lalast 5 days my brest sore nipple those lil bums have gotton bigger harder when nipple hard kept feeli.g lije.my period was coming but nothing than a whie discharge just that one time in that week of sex and pms sharp pain in lower back feel real moist but my period not on today the 19 no cramps or pms symtons but breast still sore period not suppose to come on until the 26 on april