Aa
A
A
Close
Will a ruptured hemorrhagic cyst stop bleeding on its own? What will happen to the blood pooled in my pelvis?
I'm 24 years old and I recently lost triplets in my first trimester of pregnancy (1st one 5 weeks, twins at 6 1/2 weeks). Following my miscarriage I had to have a D&C because I had a incomplete miscarriage. I developed severe pain in my lower abdomen and i was sent for an emergency ultrasound. They found blood pooled in my pelvis, they said that they could not rule out a hemorrhagic cyst rupture or ectopic pregnancy. Two days later I was admitted into the hospital due to possible infection and concerns with the blood in my pelvis. I was sent for another ultrasound where they found even more blood in my pelvis then they had in my previous ultrasound. They ruled out Ectopic pregnancy and told me that the cyst could still be bleeding and should stop on its own. I am still experiencing alot of lower abdominal pain and i'm concerned about the blood pooled in my pelvis and possible infection. My dr is does not want to do surgery to remove it. The last i was told the blood measured 3.7cmX1.8cm. I am also BRCA2+ and was wondering if this could be a sign of ovarian cancer since i took alot of fertility medications.
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I had a hemoragic cyst rupture and had a 9 by 8 cm hematoma  (pocket of blood in my abdomen. it resolved on its own very quickly. your doctor should do a follow up ultra sound
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Recent Activity
2020005 tn?1476662562
Blank
pb95, and KTowne commented on veronica0808's status
38 mins ago
1236893 tn?1408490528
Blank