Womb pain

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Womb pain

Hi, I have been experiencing severe cramping in my womb usually the day after sexual intercourse.  Sometimes it occurs even when I haven't had sex.  Pain also occurs in the womb, during sex esp if it is too deep.  This puts me off altogether!
More concerning is the next day as the pain is quite extreme, but it can happen at any time.
I was referred a while ago to a hospital for a scan, but it got better, so I cancelled that appointment.  Months on it has got really bad.
After seeing the doctor today, she has put me forward to another hopistal for a imaging scan.  She said that they may have to do a laparoscopy, if the scan shows cysts, endetromitis etc.

My partner and I would like to start a family and obviously, not having a lot of sex.  I constantly get the feeling that I need to urinate, but when I go nothing comes out.  I am definately not pregnant! :)

My periods are a little later than usual, fairly painful and don't last as long as they did (now only 2 days).

Can anyone shed any light on this, as it seems to be a waiting game for the ultra sound appointment and I am keen to know any theories.

Many Thanks
i had this problem 8 years ago and i have just got it sorted it turned out to be intersitle cysts i ended up having my bladder removed in 2005 i am now nearly pain free i still ended up having 2 kids so don't worry about that hope i have not scared you not everyone has to have there bladder removed alot of people is treated with tablets so don't worry.hope everything goes okay make sure you go for this scan and i hope you get it sorted out very soon.
my mom is experiencing pain in her womb for ten years now, but she says everytime she urinates there is a burning sensation from the urine, the doctor conducted ultra sounds and it proved nothing, she did blood test still nothing, The doctor told it might be a kidney problem but when another doctor check he said nothing like that,
  he recommended to see a gynaecologists and recommended she do a pap smear. what could be wrong with my mom?