Worried About Discharge and Odd Period
About 2 weeks ago, I had intercourse, and two days later, there was brown discharge .I am worried because I missed a pill three days before intercourse, but took two the next day as directed. I read that there is not a lot to worry about with only one missed pill, but it is still making me nervous.
I was fearful of pregnancy and still am, and was scared that the brown discharge was implantation bleeding, but it has not stopped since. It almost seemed to get heavier for a while

Then three days ago, I got what I thought was my period, but it only lasted that day with heavy red and black blood. The next day we had intercourse again (safe, with condom and bc pills while on placebo), and there is still a slight brown discharge, but no period actual period (to my knowledge).

Is this a symptom of pregnancy? Or did I have a very odd period because of the intercourse and the pill? I read that sex can almost stop a period, but I don't know if this is accurate. I can't tell if I actually had a period or not, as it only seemed to be normal for one day. I plan to go to a doctor soon but I have to go to a walk in clinic. Is there anyone that can ease my worry in some way ? Thank you.

Brown discharge can be due to miscarriage, corpus luteum defects in pregnancy, ovarian problems, hormonal imbalance, stress, anxiety, crashed dieting, use of birth control pills, change in environment, excessive exercise etc. Heavy bleeding can be due to can be due to hormonal imbalance, fibroids and polyps (non cancerous growth) in the uterus, endometriosis (deposits of the inner lining of the uterus in the pelvic cavity) etc. You might have to go for a complete hormone profile and ultrasonography to know the cause of this .Get in touch with an Obstetrician and Gynecologist for further assistance.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.