YAZ

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

YAZ

I took Ortho-tricyclyn for 3 years.  My husband and I had a little girl, and I didn't take any birth control for a full year after she was born.  When I did go back on bc, my doctor really pushed YAZ.  I decided to try it, and within the first two weeks, I noticed that I just didn't feel like myself.  I had mood swings, low sex drive..I was just angry a lot.  Before taking YAZ I was a typically up beat person.  After taking it for 8 months, we've decided we want to try to get pregnant again.  I went off of YAZ, and I've been off of it for 2 months now.  For the first time in 8 months, I want sex.  However, I am having problems with anxiety unlike ever before.  Panic attacks that are lasting for days, tightness in my chest, the shakes, I feel sick to my stomach...it's unlike anything I've ever experienced before, and for no apparent reason.  Could YAZ have anything to do with this?  How long will it take to get the YAZ out of my system and start feeling like me before I started taking it?  I just want to be me again.
Oh my gosh I am so glad to finally hear from someone that has the same symptoms as me. Not that I would wish it on anyone. I also took Ortho-tricyclyn for 7 years and decided to switch to yaz only because Ortho-tricyclyn  made me moody and crazy only 1 week out of the month(big mistake on switching). Well I took Yaz for 2 years and stopped taking it in July of 2009. Suddenly all of the same symptoms happen to me that are happening to you. I became numb,shaky,and pale at work shortly after that and they had to call 911. They told me I was having an anxiety attack. I coud not believe them I have never had anxiety before in my life.I used to drink almost a pot of coffee every morning and now I have a few sips and I feel like I am gonna go into compulsions and my heart pounds so fast I can see my chest move and I can't take it. I have seen a neurologist and cardiologist that have ran just about every test nearly possible and they can't figure it out.I feel like I have just learned to live with this and it it horrible. It doesn't seem to be as severe but I think it may only be because I know how to control it now. For instance when I feel dizzy or shaky I try to lay down and eat some crackers. Well I have also gained weight and I run 10 miles a week I just can't seem to get this weight off for anything and I feel I have to work harder to keep were I am at. Well recently I was pregnant and I miscarried and I honestly think that Yaz had everything to do with all of this. I also have a nine year old I just hope one day we can have another baby. I want my life back to. Well you just hang in there because I know how frustrating it is and if you have any info for me I would love it.