Yasmin Birth Control Pill - Questions about side effects when stopping

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Viewing 401-489 comments:
I was on birth control pills about 18 years ago... (I am now 38 and have 3 children).  I swore off BCP then and never used them again.  I was an extremely patient, reasonable person who became so easily aggitated and angry.  I had a wonderful relationship at the time, maybe possibly someone I would have married... but the pill completely turned me into a different person... I became irrational, jealous (and I never was before that) and flipping out frequently.  Well... the worst thing is... that I never went back to myself before the BCPs.  I am still an aggitated person and as I get older become more so.  I've come across information and believe that once you use BCPs and change your chemical balance, it doesn't just change back to how it was previously on its own.  You stay off balance which will cause bad PMS and other problems, even depression.  Probably the only way to get back in balance is to have the hormones checked and use bioidentical hormones to rebalance them.  I now suffer with PMDD... on top of it, it doesn't happen before my period but once I get it... showing how messed up my hormones are!  I am on antidpressants to deal with the short fuse and lack of concentration.  I just put two and two together... I thought about when did I start being angry... and it led me back to 18 years ago, when I started the BCP.  They can really cause life long imbalances, causing all kinds of emotional symptoms.  Hormones regulate more than just menstrual cycles... they are not something we should be messing with.  Their balance is vital to our well being!  
i was going to start taking yasmin today but after reading all the horror storys from other people i dont think i will bother. i will just try and play it safe.i dont know what else to do.i dont want to put wheight on and i dont want to go crazy. ive only read negitive feed back on this. good luck to anyone whos thinkig about it.
ive just taken my 15yr old off yasmin she 's had breathing problems,dizziness,constant headache for over week,lots of tears for no reason ,not being able to sleep and butterfly feelings in her tummy,her words were "that it feels like my insides are all floating".stay away from this tablet i would say.
I took Yasmin for almost 8 years and it was fine. I am off of it now, and have been for about 2 months, and I am still fine! The pill worked great for me!
Yes i agree. I was on Yaz for about 2 years, I have PMDD. When I was on this it went away.. completely, i was so balanced. I had a normal 4 day period every 28 days, no pain, no acne (my acne actually completely went away). Before my periods were so bad, when i was younger i was so sick that i collapsed on the bathroom floor and couldn't move for 3 hours till my mother got home from work. Yaz healed that completely. But once all the negative side effects started coming out my doctor took me off of it. Since then my periods havent been as bad as they were before and im more normal. So, if you have sevier pmdd and and it interferes with you and nothing else can work, id suggest giving it a try. I had nausea the second month i was on it, but that was the only bad thing i experienced.
I've been on Yasmin for about 5 years and I've never had any problems with it. I'm considering going off it because I've been hearing how bad it is to be pumping your body full of hormones and also blood clots seems to be an issue with this pill. I am just concerned about gaining weight if I go off it. Can anyone tell me if they gained or lost weight when they stopped taking this pill? Thanks!
i starting taking yasmin about a week ago today and iam currently 17 years old. Im really confused because i dont know if my mood has changed, or if it has i havent noticed yet. i dont want to get to that stage where my personality changes and its too late. what should i look out for? or is it too early to tell? Another problem is that whats the difference between vaginal bleeding and spotting? because ive been getting bloody discharge ever since ive started using the pill? should i go to the docoter? i know this is a million questions but if anyone could help me, i would forver be greatful!!!
Hi everyone, im on yasmin and feel its not right for me i have headaches, feel sick, sore breasts, get stressed really easy before i did'nt, became inpatient and again before i did'nt. My pelvis slightly aches and have slight pain below. My appetite has increased really bad too. Is there a pill i can take that would not make me feel like this or should i not take anything and go back to my old self being happy and calm. please help. cheryl
Hi all,

I think it is great to voice your opinion and share you pill experinece however I think it is really important to remember that the pill is not for everyone. There are other alternatives. I have currently been on Dianne for 1 1/2 years and have had weight gain and water retention, I used to be on Yasmin years ago and had a healthy sex life and no weight gain, also shorter periods and have started to take it again. When I have taken breaks from the pill the only side effect was a heavier period the first few (when going off hormones this is normal) and weight loss. I think the important thing with the Pill is that you read the information booklet ie, if your susceptible to things like blood clots (or are common in your family) it recommends not to take it also if you are on certain medication or have a certain type of medical history, the information in the booklet (that comes with the pill) is there for you to make an assessment. The only thing I can say is that different pills for different people and sometimes the pill is just not for you. For those of you getting scared off by all these crazy stories I say try it for 3 months as recommend by your doctor and if you notice side effects let your GP know and go from there.

Hope this has been helpful!
i was also on this pill for a year and also HAD NO SEX DRIVE what so ever although it made my skin floorless. as soon as i when off it i got it back! i also got aches and pains exspecially during sex !
I just started yasmin. its not even a week but i feel nauseated like around afternoon when it comes the time that i need to take it again. so almost about 22 hours of taking the pill i get nauseated. I have some abdominal pain too. I took Zarah for a month and had no problem and I lost weight too. but zarah is a generic brand of yasmin. how come is so diferent????

I came off Yasmine 4 months ago to try for a baby after taking it for 6 years. Iv now put on over a stone in weight and I feel like I am getting bigger and bigger every day, even though my diet has not really changed. I also feel really bloated and soar after I eat and look like I'm four months pregnant (I'm not!) Iv never been this weight before. Iv always been slim so now I just feel really sluggish all the time. Dose anyone know if these side effects will wear off and how long it takes, or when my body will get to normal, if ever?!

oh my gosh, when i went on birth control i lossed weight, my face was perfect, my mood was very upbeat and i was confident. but ever since i heard about yasmin on the news about how its bad for you and gives you blook clots, i came off of it. and since then my face went back to having inperfections and i have to worst down mood ever. im really consedering going back on the pill just so my life can be as good as it was before. i just have to figure out wich birth control to go on next. any suggestions ?  
I just stopped taking Yasmin(generic) after 9 years.  My experience was good and I did not gain weight or have any side effects.  I loved knowing exaclty when my period was coming...alwayas a Wednesday and over by Saturday.  Cramps were not bad either.  Unfortunatley my doctor recommended I get off the pill becasue I had to start taking HBP in February.  I have been back and forth to my OBGYN and Primary Care physician since and was told on Monday that I should no longer take them.
The very next day I noticed a difference.  I was feeling a little crampy, however I did not feel the same way the next day.  I am concerned now because I don't know whe I am going to get my period.  When I talked to my OBGYN I was told that I should get a period next month.  I am expecting cramp to be worse ans well as longer periods.  Prior to having my son and getting on the pill, my period lasted 7 days, I bled heavy for the first 2-3 days and I had bad cramps.  I am praying that the cramps will not be as bad and the flow not as heavy.  I would also be great if it didn't last 7 days either :)
i decided to take yasmin  but after reading all these comments i totally change my mine but what am wondering are all contraceptive pills like this
Wow! So glad I found this forum. I was on Yasmin for 12 years and just came off because I want to start trying for a baby in the next few months. Since stopping about 40 days ago I have not had my period, am really bloated and have put on weight. Have also been feeling quite anxious. Does anyone who has had a similar experience know how long these side effects last? I was just about to go to the doctor thinking something was seriously wrong. Comforting to know its just my body confused hormonally!  A bonus to stopping Yasmin though - I can slowly feel my (previously completely absent) sex drive returning.
Just an update...Tomorrow will be 1 week since I stopped taking Yazmin.  I was very uncomfortable the past 4 days but today was a good day.  No cramps...yeah.  I was craving chips and candy all last week.  I did gain weight but I'm sure it was becasue I was eating whatever I craved.  I am a little concerned about whe I will get my next period as I will be getting Mirena inserted.  I have to wait until i get my period to make the appointment.  Now that the cravings have ceased I can get back to following weight watchers to loose the few pounds I have gained.
I stopped Yasmin 1 week ago after taking it for 1 year. I have to say that I feel quite the opposite to most girls here: when I was on it, I put on 15 pounds eating my emotions all the time. Now I have no sugar cravings so far, plus I eat less and only good food! So overall I feel great, I think I've lost weight a litlle bit. BUT the day after I stopped taking Yasmin, I had a cold sore AND a vaginal infection. I'm not sure it was related but I wouldn't be surprised, everything is linked in the body...
I am happy i'm not the only one experiencing these awful side effects of Yasmin. Just so you know, I have been taking Diane35 for about 1year and a half then (stupid me) I decided to change it to aYasmin. When i was on Diane35 i never had any type of problems. NOTHING! Starting today I stopped taking Yasmin, because it made me an awful person:

First month i had normal side effects, which i was expecting
But after that I started expericing anxiety, depression, crying for no reason, I was questioning my relationship (which its awful because I love my boyfriend), my heart races, no sex drive (very weird because i was a very sexual active person with my bf)..aghh!

I will wait to have my period, and my doctor put me back on diane35 so I will start that pill again once i finish my period. Hope everything goes back to normal. Do any of you think i should wait some more until changing to diane35? I'm afraid these symptoms will persis, and i want to be my old self back. Please answer!
It seems that alot of you experienced bad effects coming OFF of the pill... not while taking it.

Ive been on it for a while now (4 years). Still on it. Got put on pills in hte first place because i have CFS and was having 2 periods a month. was on alesse for a while, but yazmin helps more with other pms type things as well, so i went for that.

I am on it continuous as i dont need the ups and downs of a period on top of the CFS, dont need the iron levels all wacky... just dont need any of it.

Just have to be careful and get anything unusual checked out. but im only 24 now and dont smoke. (worse side effects if your over 35 and smoke, i am neither).

everyone is different but even initially i had no side effects like that. maybe because i was already on a pill and switched over, who knows.
Hi, I was in a long distance relationship and then my boyfriend moved back. Initially, we either used protection or worst case scenario the morning after pill. I was on the pill 7 years ago and it worked wonders. So, when my boyfriend moved back, I went to the gynae who prescribed yasmin. Before this, I told my doc that I was a smoker (though trying to quit, very seriously; into regular exercise - weight training, intensive cardio etc; and that i suffered from PMS that could get a little intense. She took all of this into consideration and prescribed Yasmin. IT WAS THE WORST DECISION OF MY LIFE. NEVER AGAIN!!! the first month was fine. our sex life was great and a few mood swings but nothing major. The second month, it started getting worse. Major Anxiety attacks, depression, a constant feeling of bloatiness, weight gain, feelings of insecurity, constantly moody, very sensitive, a low self-esteem, you name it. I went off the gym. My stamina decreased and I felt ugly and awful. I started getting worried. My boyfriend started getting worried. That's when 4 months after being on Yasmin, I decided to do a search... and discovered that alll the side-effects associated with Yasmin. I have been Yas free for 3 months and feel amazing!!! (TOUCHWOOD... thank god!) I still have panic attacks once in a while, but I am confident it will get better as my system clears itself of all the gunk Yasmin introduced. I feel more energetic, less moody, more like myself... our sex life has improved, and I am happier now. going off Yasmin was the best decision of my life. I am not going on pills ever again. And I am taking this matter up with the doctor. Suffice to say, I am never going back to her again!
I'm 21 yrs old and I've been taking this awful pill for two years. Thank God i came across this forum because now I know what the heck is wrong with me.
My Dr. had the nerve to tell me that weight gain while on BC is just a myth...yea right! Since I've started taking Yazmin I've gained over 30 lbs! I'm always hungry, moody, TIRED, depressed; you name it. I'm so tired of myself and I'm sure everyone else is too. My sex drive is down the drain and it has affected my marriage. My husband started to think there is something wrong with him, but i just don't know how to explain that I'm just not in the mood...EVER.
  I haven't slept in who knows how long. My 2 yr old is so active and I just can't keep up with her on no sleep. I have the worst headaches and my Dr. said they weren't migranes (migraines), just stress headaches. I don't care what they are; they're just plain horrible. I just resently started having low back pain to add to the list of a thousand things; not to mention that I'm always mad for no reason. The mood swings are awful.

I don't understand how Drs don't take the time to really get to know what they are prescribing. I'm almost sure that I'm getting off of Yazmin, but first I have to find another form of contraceptive.
   A friend of mine had that little stick placed in her arm and she says she feels so much better in comparison to the pill. Does anyone have that? Please let me know if its really is better, I'm tired of being a crazy person!!
im 17 & im on the yasmin pill 3 weeks now, my boyfriend and i had intercourse and he ejaculated in me and i still haven't gotten my period could i be pregnant?
im on the yasmin pill 3 weeks now my boyfriend and i had inter course and he ejaculated in me and i still haven't gotten my period could i be pregnant?
Wow. I sure have learned a lot about this medication! I have been taking generic Yasmin for ten years. About a week ago, I couldn't get my refill because I am laid off from work (couldn't afford it). I got my period just a few days before my normal time. I always get my period on Friday and it's over on Monday. I am basically cramp free and the periods are very light. Well, this period is heavy and I have been in SO much pain. I took nine Advils yesterday with no relief. Anyway, before starting the pill ten years ago, I didn't have a period without it. So, it's great that Yasmin fixed that. BUT- I had terrible skin before. Now my skin is basically perfect. I know Yasmin fixes bad skin for a lot of people. I am wanting to know if any of you continued to have GOOD skin after STOPPING Yasmin. Thank you for reading my post.
Have any of you gotten pregnant after taking Yasmin? How was your skin during pregnancy? Afterwards? Thanks!
I have been on Yasmin for around 5 years. I do get headaches, but my mood/attitude has been pretty much the same for as long as I can remember. I have gained about 3lbs in the last 4 years, so I have no abnormal weight gain/loss. I am on other medications that can alter mood and a whole host of other things, so it'd be difficult to figure out what causes what.

I was on Alesse for a year and I started getting breakthrough bleeding so I went off. I then went on Cyclen and turned into a raging lunatic.

It is normal to get bloated. Small changes in weight are normal. Hormonal birth control can affect sex drive. Almost all of the symptoms people are blaming on Yasmin/Yaz can be caused by a lot of other hormonal birth control pills, or can be caused by eating habits. There are side effects with any HBC, and you just have to weigh the risk and benefit. Yasmin is not evil, it just might not be the right fit for you. As my doctor always says, try something for 3 months, and then evaluate.(obviously don't wait that long if you're having horrible side effects)
To Chicky 79:

I was on Yasmin for I think the last 5 years.  I recently went off it middle of March 2011, so because my hubby and I are are going to try too I know all the dates of this, my last period was March 28, I then went on to skip two periods - but spotted very lightly during this time - and just by luck of the draw got my "first" period this last Sunday June 5, 2011.  

I too have been gaining weight and I don't understand exactly why as my schedule has been exactly the same - I know I'm not eating more - I'm still working out the same, and every so often I am very bloated, plus too, I've had the worse resurgance of acne I've had since I was 14.... not something you want when you are basically 30.  

I haven't felt anxious but I have been more paranoid and irritable.  And a weird question since our cases sound similar, did you feel that Yasmin 'dried' you up? It did take away my sex drive but almost made me feel like I went through menopause 30 years too early :)

Give it a little more time, I think yas stays in your system a little longer.
I was on Yasmin for 10 years.I came off it in the middle of March. I havent had a period since. Is this normal. I always had perfect skin and now I am having break outs on my chin. I am wondering should I go to the doctor about my periods.
Last year I was diagnosed to have polycystic Ovarian Syndrome so my doctor recommended to take yasmin. My first few weeks taking this pill was horrible. I had diarrhea nad I was always nauseated. After like 3 months, I felt sudden mood changes. Thought it was just me, or I was just stressed with work but after reading comments from women who experienced the same, it wasn't just me. It's the pill. I took the pill for 8 months. Weeks before I stopped, I started to have acnes and also started to gain weight though nothing really changed with my appetite.
Yesterday, i started to take althea. i've read good reviews about it. Hope it won't mess with my system like what yasmin did.
Update: I took Yasmin for 10 years. I was off of it for a month and then had to start again.

The painful, red cysts came back. And acne everywhere. Even on my va-jay-jay..

My face felt dry and rough to the touch but it was (and still is so far very oily). My hair, inside my ears and everywhere else was like an oil slick too. So not normal. I have only been back on Yasmin for five days but the cysts are gone and the acne is clearing up very quickly. My face isn't rough anymore though.

I really want to get pregnant but the humiliation of the cysts and deforming acne is too bad. I don't know what to do. My heart hurts so much....  :(
I am 31 and I've been on Yasmin for the past four years and never experienced any problems, until recently...i keep missing my periods (had 3 in 8 months time) and suffer from terrible pms...my dr has no answer and keeps prescribing primolut pills for me, which are supposed to treat amenorrhea...unfortunately, they don't really work for me and need to double the dosage in order to get my period.. i took my doctor's advice and continue to be on the pill all these months, but i have decided to go off the pill now and see what happens. Has anyone else experienced the same kind of problems?? thank you!
this is my third day of Yasmin....my dr. prescribed me because I have polycystic ovaries and i am producing male hormones, secondly my periods are not normal since 6yrs after giving birth to my younger daughter. Dr. advised me to start from the first day of periods, now it’s my third day and can u imagine after taking the pill my periods immediately stoped and I m clear.now........ I am worried and don’t know if its normal, secondly I am not feeling hungry anymore and I am feeling vomitish....can anyone guide me if it is normal

Anita
I agree with the low sex drive, I have been on Yasmin just under two years, I have no sex drive. I want to cone off Yasmin as I want to try for a baby but am getting married in november. I want to come off Yasmin in October but am scared about a break out for the wedding!!
I have been taking yasmin for almost a week now. I have been feeling terribly nauseaus since starting this pill, but only since reading this have I realised this could be why. I have also had diarrhoea but put it down to diet, again it could be this pill?
My main reasons for taking this pill, is dysmenorrea (exremely painful periods) and spotty skin. I was previously taking dianette for a number of years which cleared my skin but the doctor reccommended I changed to a different pill as I'm over 35. Once I stopped taking the pill, my spots came back so that's why I'm giving this pill a try.
I would just like to ask anyone who has taken this pill for a while (and would be grateful for any advice) how long it takes for the pill to kick in and to clear up skin problems, also how long it takes for the feeling of nausea to go away??
Much appreciated.
Dawn.
Thank you all for your advises and comments on yasmin.I was on   yasmin around late november 2006  and April 2007, and during that time
My skin looked great and was glowing(although never had problems prior to taking yaz),did nt gain weight , but cried a lot and my Vajay jay muscles were very tender, didnt enjoy sex anymore and when i  did have sex ,it felt like my G-spot was nowhere to be found, it was terrible.

On going off yazmin,my skin was darker that it had been in my entire life, Im talking about the whole body!Two years down the line, it still hasnt gone back to the way it was.So if you were considering to take Yaz, do your research first and know all about the side effects and move on from there.
DON'T TAKE YASMIN!! It's poison. I have tried taking it twice and both times for about 6 months. Once i got over that six month period i could not take it anymore. Every month it seemed to get worse. When i decided to research it on the internet i could not believe the amount of posts by women experiencing the same side effects and was SO relieved at the same time i was not going crazy. I started crying when reading all the posts and stopped taking it that day and will NEVER take any pills again.

I had all the common side effects: highs and lows, anxiety, EMOTIONAL - crying over little things, insecure feelings, panic attacks withdrawn from friends, no motivation to do anything, NO sex drive -  which off the pill is the complete opposite, no energy, insomnia, my boyfriend would always think i was angry at him and sad i would try to explain and always start crying, my family also noticed a mood change, very sad all the time - not the same person.

I have now been off Yasmin for just over a month and feel SO much better still have a few mood swings and is usually all taken out on my poor boyfriend. But my loss of libido has come back which he and I are thrilled about. He thought it was him. My skin is also good, but that may be to the change in diet( no sugar or coffee and up intake of healthy foods) plus taking vitamins.
I have also noticed HAIR LOSS which i have researched too and SOOO many women are experiencing this. I thought i had a serious decease and was so worried. When i take a shower i notice a lot of healthy hair is falling. I refuse to start counting them which i think will make it worse. It does seem to be easing and i am remaining positive it will return but probably not to what it was like before from what i hear from all the other women:(  I would advise anyone thinking of taking this pill NOT TOO. Many girls have experienced severe hair loss after taking this pill. It is very distressing and don't want anymore women to go through this.

I also have a dry scalp since stopping and am doing olive oil treatments on my head and this seems to be helping and my hair is looking a lot healthier and shinny.

The only thing it did help with was my skin and my painful/heavy periods which i have found out since i have Endometriosis .
I am trying to cure Endo naturally. My symptoms have eased and anyone suffering from it highly recommend trying to cure it naturally. Cutting out toxins, sugar, bad fats, reduce high acid and increase Vegies (esp. greens) check out this site: http://www.cureendometriosis.com more info. there. I have now turned kind off hippy! as my bf says but he does not care because he sees how much happier i am and a lot less pain.
You build up an amount of toxins over the years and I think if people where to cut out all these toxins in products and preservatives in foods we would be a lot healthier. My journey has only just began and i feel so much better for doing it.

Anyway sorry that's a bit of subject.....I just don't understand why Dr's are still prescribing this! There is such a large amount of girls! WHY! why why??? it must be such a strong drug to cause all these problems not to mention all the side effects listed on the packet!

I do believe my Dr also informed me incorrectly about weight gain, she said it's not the pill that causes it. It's just normal to loose and gain before and after period. I did put on weight and found it very hard to budge while on the pill and worked out 3/4 times a week. Since stopping i have lost weight and now feel like i am getting my energy back. It's not such a struggle.

This pill, felt like it put me in a trance, and i felt so out of it most of the time. I HATE it and wish i never tried taking it again and SO WISH i would have read up on it more before taking it again.

Take care girls and wishing every one happiness and wellbeing xx
I've been on Yasmin for 15 years and am now 46.  It's been very good for me as I've had a hemorragic disorder and Yasmin keeps it under control.  However, lately I've been having sharp pains in my calves, numbness in my arms, and finally, tonight, I lost balance walking to my car and started falling to the right despite trying to walk straight and developed a sharp headache.  I suspect that was a TIA-fortunately, it passed quickly.  This is clearly my body telling me to go off Yasmin.  I think listening to your body is good advice. I'm going to miss the benefits though.
Sorry to say but with Yasmin my life is fantastic!  I had Implanon implant for over a year and I was moody, extreme highs and lows, i started getting really bad acne all over my body and put on 15 kilos of course though the doctors put it down to life style but I told them I exercise 5 days a week with a personal trainer ate only healthy organic food. I asked a friend if wether her contraception played up with her menatly and physically she then explained that she also had bad problems with the implant then suggested I go on Yasmin, only after 2 months I had only small spots of acne on my face and i dropped 8 kilos! im happy everyday and never think negative anymore, my children have said they like this mummy alot better to the old one! I have a great sex life now my hubby says im a new person, and I feel new! But like all medication EVERYONE has different outcomes you just have to try for a minium for three months once the body settles and gets used to the new introduction of the hormones, but by all means if you try it and absolutely hate it stop! Maybe the only reason I see mostly negative comments on here is because the people who are happy with it dont need to go on sites like these because they are content with what their medication is doing. But its good people are putting their experiences on here because there will be others experiencing the same side effects and are listening to their docs advice and not listening to their gut feelings
I have to say that I LOVE YASMIN  and all the benefits this tiny little pill offers for my body... I have glowing skin, little ache, lighter periods, less depression before my period, and my nails are growing  beautifully (my nails never grow)... I also love the fact that my period arrives at the same time before I started taking the pills... :o) This medication is amazing and I highly recommend anyone to try this pill out... However, that everyone is different and some may have negative effects but for the majority this pill has been a blessing... I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND YASMIN.. IT IS EASY SIMPLE AND HAS AMAZING BENEFITS...  
I had been on the pill for 3 years now and have recently stopped.
I had missed a pill on one day and hadn't taken it, just kept going like it was a normal day. But the thing that's starting to scare me is that I may not be able to have kids?? I'm not sure.. because I had intercourse when I missed the pill and did it again on the start of the inactive pills and I still got my period. I have been of the yasmin pill for 4 - 5 days now and have had intercourse and I still got my period.. Has the yasmin pill made me not have kids or am I just worrying to much? Please I need an answer.
I took BCP for the last 16 years of my life. I have recently changed to Yaz in the last couple of years and just got married so I decided to quit taking the pill altogether. Since, I have had lots of crying, panic attacks and mild depression. I am not sure what is going on here but I assume the hormone levels are trying to reajust to the normal  me. Never really had any problems while taking Yaz (minus the decreased sex drive). But coming off of it seems to be much more severe. Anyone else experienced panic attacks from this?
Im about to start Yasmin, I have read all your horror stories, yet I am not in the least bit afraid. Seems to me you were all still emotional from the hormones in your system and sure it didnt work for you but that doesnt mean it wont work for me. I figure my migraines cant get any worse, neither can my cramps and hell Im a ***** during my period any way and my family and friends and boyfriend love me anyway so what else could go wrong.
I took dianette for 3 years and then was taken off it about a year ago and prescribed Yasmin as there is health warnings around Dianette. However, the past 6 weeks i have suffered with several migraines which i havent had since being at school. I went to the doctor and told him about this and he imediatley took me off Yasmin and they wont prescribe any oestrogen based pill as it can cause strokes to women that get migraines. I'm absolotuley gutted as diannette and Yasmin are the only thing that helped my skin and also put some weight on me which sounds strange to most girls but i was really skinny and felt so ugly. The doctor has now prescribed the mini pill called cerazette, which i have researched and one of the side effects are acne. I'm gutted really dont wanna start taking this as i am afraid i'll end up with oily skin and loads of spots like before i took diannette. Does anyone have any experience of this pill? Also does anyone know if stopping taking pill altogether causes a decrease in weight?
I just started taking yasmin, (hasnt even been a month) and my skin on my face and body has broken out so badly its embarrassing! My skin is normally very clear so its upsetting! I've also fealt rather lethargic and bloated, I have considered stopping but now seeing the issues you have all had when stopping, I dont know what to do? Really worried as I struggle with weight as it is since I had my son :( please help! Do you all still have symptoms if you swap straight to a different pill?
Hi yall, i had my yassy last night, dont see what all yall fussin' bout. Tha yassy giz me the best self face sex ever, it make me bendy enough to lick me own *** xxxxxxxx

Best advise i can give yall girlies is to take a step back read the manual and appreciate what ur gettin yall self into, walk forward not back and smash that yassy all the way home. Rip up and walk outside and show ur bendy yasmin *** off to the yokels xxx peace out. Word up. YASMIN TILL I DIE
My wedding is 22nd Sept. next Thursday and till now I didn't start take it...I don't know what to do and how i use it any help please?
My mum has been after me to stop taking the Yasmin (not the generic ones) pills, she said it might have side effects.  Been taking it for almost 3 years now.  Took it to stop my menstrual craps and heavy bleeding which were horrible. My period pains became lesser and it wasn't as bad as it used to be.  Once in a while I do get cramps but it's still manageable.  Last year my doctor gave me the Yaz version which is shorter pill break and I did try it for 3 months and it was terrible.  I was irritable, had emotional mood swings and I couldn't control myself emotionally so i stopped and went back to the original Yasmin with the usual number of pill break period.  Anyway, after reading the comments I think it depends on the person if it works out for you or not. It works for me so far but at the moment I'm thinking of stopping the pill to try and even out and balance my hormones before starting to have a baby.
Hi my girlfriend has been on Yasmin for 5 years. At the beggining of the year she changed to a pill call YAZ and had bad side effects. She then went back to Yasmin and those side effects were gone. However i have noticed a deterioration in her over the last few months. She is semi depressed i would say even thou she denies it. She has no sex drive what so ever anymore and has lost alot of emotion towards me and everything i suppose. Its hard seeing this and not knowing what u can do to change things. She agreed some of the side effects people have on here she has experienced. She says that Yasmin is the best pill and has worked for her for long but im wondering if there is anything that can correct these issues. Are there any other good pills that wont give these side effects or kill her sex drive the way it has. Thanks
never go for Yasmin. Ive been using it for  3months. 1st month was alright.2nd month i started having mood swings n depression and hogging food.3rd month after the complete course,i stopped as my doc prescribed it for regularising my periodsn after i stopped with in a week i got the shock of my life when i saw my breast producing milk and my tummy is also bloated n big.i was a gorgeous girl with good body shape n good skin n fit n fine and now an ugly duckling and now i want to soo my doc for prescribing YASMIN.
I was on Yasmin/Ocella for about 9 years, and went off it about 9 months ago to try and get pregnant. My periods have been very irregular, I went a few months with nothing and then start spotting and then a few months with a  period for a month straight, now I am back to spotting every few days. I have also gained between 30-40 pounds even though I eat well and exercise regularly and I have the WORST acne all over my face, chest and back! I have tried everything to get rid of it with no luck. I am wondering if anyone else had a similar experience and if they eventually got pregnant. Thanks!!!
hi, am new here, i just want to ask some question and advice
first is yaz and yasmin is only same? or different contraceptive?
and today i went to my OB, she was prescribed me to take yaz, just want to ask if can i just take althea? coz i already used the althea bfore, and i think althea and yaz is only same effect? same for irregular mens?
can i just take althea?
I was prescribed Yasmin after having really serious emotional problems taking Microgynon30. The doctor prescribed me Yasmin which in the UK is a much more expensive pill and therefore better for you. I have had no problems with Yasmin at all and compared to my emotions with Microgynon I am far better. I have come off now to try for a baby. I just hope it doesn't take ages to get out of my system and I hope that the Yasmin problems do not begin now
Stopping yasmin - my yasmin story

Firstly, I dont usually post comments in forums but after reading everyones elses efforts I thought I would make the effort too..

I have been on yasmin for a number of years, maybe 5-6 years and generally thought it was a good pill -

PROS

- Anti-bloating
- Good Skin
- Clockwork periods
- Light periods

CONS

- Possibly some kind of anxiety
- Possibly caused me to be irritable with people
- 0 sex drive which actually lead to the finish of my 5 year relationship (but this could have just been a natural lack of sex drive due to chemisty loss (I just will never know now)
- This might not be down to the pill but I wonder if it caused me to get a lot of sun sensitivity - heat rash etc but this may just be my celtic skin

So I stopped the pill about a month ago (around Halloween) I had my 7 day break, went back on for 4 days and then stopped and got another period soon after.

REASONS FOR STOPPING:
Just experimental to see if it improved (potental anxiety) related symptoms and back pain. Was worried about stroke etc (though risk is still very low)

SINCE STOPPING CONS:

- Crampy feeling - feels like period is constantly due
- A change in bowel movements
- Feeling bloated/trapped wind
- Wind
- A couple of pimples and maybe not so good facial complexion but not too bad so far

PROS: (SO FAR) - HOPING THERE ARE MORE TO COME : )

- Maybe feeling a bit calmer (MAYBE)
- MAYBE increased horniness but the sex drive situ may have been down  to relationship naturally losing chemistry, like I said I'll never know.
- I think my nails are stronger

:) Hope this helps

Tammy

Stopping yasmin - my yasmin story

PROS

- Anti-bloating
- Good Skin
- Clockwork periods
- Light periods

CONS

- Possibly some kind of anxiety which caused a lot of symptoms that lead to gp hospital referrals
- 0 sex drive which actually lead to the finish of my 5 year relationship

REASONS FOR STOPPING:

SINCE STOPPING CONS:

- A change in bowel movements including some constipation and the opposite
- Feeling bloated/trapped wind
- Wind
-  HUNGRY!!!!

- Maybe feeling a bit calmer and less anxious
-  increased horniness  
- I think my nails are stronger

:) Hope this helps

Tammy

I was placed on Yasmin for mild acne in 2005. I took if for 4 years. It did more than fix my acne. It lifted my mood, I tell everyone it fixed me. Anyway, I decided to try for a baby and after 3 months of discontinuing Yasmin, I was pregnant.  My problems started when I came off Yasmin. It is almost like a withdrawal, fatigue, weight gain, hot flashes, nausea. It has continued ever since stopping Yasmin. I have been off of it for 3+ years and no improvements. After I had my little girl I tried to get back on Yasmin but stopped because I was worried about all the side effects I hear of. But after suffering for this long, I want my Yasmin. I just don't function with out it. I have not found any other birth control that comes close to doing what Yasmin did for me. Being off yasmin has screwed me up. If anyone was on Yasmin and did well on it but switched to another birthcontrol with out any complications, please tell me which one it was. I finally started back on it this month. I'm not happy about taking it but it helps me.
Hi, I have been on Yasmin for 8 years now.  I am mostly happy with it.  I terrible bloating with the Alesse and LoOvral.  I couldn't take Yaz-I tried it for several months and had even more migraines and was so sick when I had my period.  Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone experieces bloating during the third week of Yasmin.  I have noticed this every few months.  I thought Yasmin was supposed to cut down on PMS symptoms, and I wonder why am still getting a little bloated during the third week of active pills.  Once my period starts, a few days later, the bloat starts to go away.  I appreciate any answers.  Thank you!
Im so thankful i decided to google this and read up on what all of you lovely ladies have had to say.
I was firstly prescribed Mycrogynon when i was 18... to regulate my periods mainly. I didnt take it for very long before being changed to Yasmin. I took Yasmin for 2 years. I gained a little weight, but nothing abnormal (and my boobs did seem to grow! which was a bonus!).....
I would always take Yasmin before going to sleep..... however i started to notice i would wake up EVERY morning feeling Soooo nauseous. So when i split up with my boyfriend i decided to stop taking it.
However my periods once again were unpredictable.... So i have just started taking it again after nearly a years break. I have only been taking it a few days and already i have started to experience the Nausea and a dull headache. I thought i must be crazy to try and blame these things on the pill after only a few days. I questioned 'surely it cant have been in my system long enough to make me feel so sick so quickly' however after reading all your posts i can definately blame it on the pill!
I had to take a trip to the hospital for a urine infection just before i started taking Yasmin again and i had a discussion with the nurse about how sick Yasmin made me feel before and that was why i had stopped taking it.
She replied that it was 'very strange' for me to feel sick etc because Yasmin is one of the pills that has the 'lowest' hormone levels and to try taking it in the morning instead of before i went to bed.
It is also supposedly one of the most expensive contraceptive pills.
So if this is supposed to be one of the better ones....is there any hope for any pill to be succesfull!?
Hey :)

I have been on bcp for the last 6 years.. first Diane for I think 2 years for acne. I went off coz wanted to be natural, no hormones. But after a few months I got the most terrible acne, and also never got a period which scared me, I was so depressed with how I looked after experiencing amazing skin from the pill. So I went on Yas.

I have now been on it last 4 years, and now want to go off bcps for good. Because I want to clear my system to be able to have a baby in the next 3 years.. I have heard it can take 3 years to get the hormones back to normal if you have been on long time like me. sigh. I also have had crazy emotional moods swings on bcps, crying for no reason, low self esteem etc.. only thing Im dreading is the return of horrible acne.. and hope my hormones get normal and get normal periods again, tho I used to have extreme period pain before bcp..

I have seen a naturopath, highly recommend for anyone going off bcps!
They will help you naturally to get your hormones back to normal, also bcps can make you low in certain vitamins and minerals, especially zinc. So I am taking zinc and a special drink formulated especially for me, its natural and has things also to help acne and stress, anxiety.

I agree with the eating lots of green vegies, I believe that helps so much for anything! I am going to start making green smoothies :)

Does anyone here know how long and how it was for them to get back to normal? I want to have a baby.. :)

Thanks.. x
i have gained lots of weight as soon as i left yasmin pills.also had nausea and bad tummy.i felt like as if i am again pregnant.
Hi everyone.. i have been on Yasmin for many years now so thought i would share my lil story..

I thought I had no bad side effects from Yasmin at all.. however recently have had a scare of being pregnant and still unsure.. this is because I missed my period when I stopped to have my 7 day break. I stopped it on the 25th November and would normally start my period around 2-3 days.. because of the scare I have stopped taking Yasmin and have been off it for 2 weeks and 3 days, I still haven't had a period.

Since stopping my mood has lifted.. I suffered with slight anxiety and worrying this so far has stopped.. my sex drive has increased A LOT.. I feel my normal bubbly self again.. I have had a boyfriend for a year and 7 months now and he has noticed the change in me.. Hope this helps..

Now if i could get some help....?? I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and there both negative.. my doctor said to wait till the 16th December as that would be a couple of weeks on.. in the last 2 days my nipples have increased in size and are very sore even to touch.. could this mean anything. i am 23 and never had a scare before, no children..

Could this mean i am ? i have no other symptoms apart from a late period and now very sore nipples... is this just a side effect from stopping Yasmin ?

Ive stopped taking the yasmin pill for just over a week now and my bust/ nipples are so soore and swollen my legs have swollen up and the top of my tummy ,has anyone had this ?
hello, i was on the yasmin combined pill for just over 3 years...never had any side affects to my knowledge, i suffered from rubbish skin but that cleared it right up. anyway i came off the pill about a month ago, had my period and just didnt carry it on reason i did this is cause i think i may have got caught pregnant!! however im not sure if these symptoms i'm having has anything thing to do with me stopping the pill. i've never suffered with my periods always been on time start a tuesday finish saturday but when i had my 7 day break my period was alot lighter then usual and i had a swollen lower abdomen aswel as tiredness, itchy skin/breasts now i have to stress ive never had anything thing like this whilst on the pill so i came off it...the symptoms carried on my stomach seemed to get bigger had cramps when i shouldnt had, fell asleep during the day (almost everyday) and kept getting a buring sensation in my right ovary nothing bad just little twinges anyway ive been taking tests but all coming out negative so i came to the conclusion i'm not pregnant however i havent started my period i was due 4 days ago!! never been late in my life ALWAYS on time! i dont really know what to think, i'm not sure if the pill has caused my hormones to mess up...anyone has similar problem!??
Just read your comment...your story if very similar to mine, did you end up being pregnant?? my breast have also increased in size especially the right one aswel as darker nipples well they seem alot darker!! if i would happen to be pregnant i would be almost 8 weeks but keep getting negatives o'm very confused!! i also have no children
Hello I been taking yaz for 5yrs and I was doing really good and l love the pill. I had surgery on my wisdom toot, and was on antibiotics for two weeks so I stop taking my birth control for the two weeks and now I miss my period have cramping and my breast are sore. took 2 test and they came back neg. I called my Dr. she told me to go in tomorrow for another test. My ? is has anyone had the same problems????  
I have been on Yazmen for about 5 years and it is perfect for me.  No problems.  The weight gain I have is my own fault and not related.  I have a history of PMDD and painful ovulation.  Not to mention family history of ovarian cancer.  There fore even though I am done having children (mother of 3) I still need to take the pill and not do something permanent.  I have tried many different pills over the years and even the shot (THAT was HELL) but Yazmen works for me.  I know the risks but I know how awful life was before Yazmen and I do not want to go back.(Cramps, migranes (migraines), horrid skin, irritable, tired, snapy, moody....etc.)  I will take the risk.  My husband wants me to switch but what am I to swtich too?  Anything out there that is like Yazmen will have the same balance and risks.  I only do a period 3 times a year (Doctor approved) and when I do the hormone levels drop and I have migranes (migraines).  This last week I have had 4!  That is why I skip periods as much as I do.  I can't take the generic version....nothing like Yazmen!  At this point I will keep taking it.  It works for me.
Different pills work for different people. For me, Dianette was best. No side effects, no weight gain and acne gone. When i was swapped to Yasmin it was horrorific- awful acne and very dark and depressive thoughts to the point of wanting and almost trying to kill myself. Luckily after a few months I realised it was Yasmin doing this and came traight off. I've not been back on any pill since I'm not longer allowed on Dianette.

The dark and depressive thoughts pretty went quite quickly after I came off the pill, though the spots took a bit longer. My aunt was also put on Yasmin, without havign been on anything else, and suffered the same side effects though didn't recognise them-i recognised them when she confessed them to me and then after asking her what had changed she confirmed their was a direct link between when it started and when she was taking yasmin.  So it's possible that the 'not getting on with certain pills' has something to do with similar biochemstry like between family members. Both my aunt and cousin is on Dianette now without problems.

I think every pill can have side effects, I think recognising them as side effects (which some can be hard to do, especially with depression since a lot of people are under a lot of stress or depressed anyway) is what's important in finding the best pill for someone. I know someone whose tried pretty much every pill going and gets on with none, while i know ladies who've switched with no issues or problems. I've also known people to come off the pill and suddenly realise what effect it had on them and others not to have seen a difference.

All pills have risks, all have potential side effects, different stokes for different folks-it's all about recognising what works in your biology, for you.
Hi Everyone,
Im 18yrs old and Myself and 3 of my closest friends have all been taking Yasmin for about 3 years. I have experience lowed sex drive and increased sensitivity on Yasmin and my Doctor has said i could switch to a weaker pill but I personally think that when taken right Yasmin is the best pill for birth control. I have been having unprotected sex with my partner for 3 years now and have never once had a pregnancy scare. (All the women in my family are extremely fertile also).

After initially reading this forum i was shocked and considered talking to my doctor about changing pills but as i kept reading it became evident that a lot of writers on this forum complaining about crazy symptoms such as migraines and mood swings have really psyched themselves up about it and all these things are actually really normal side effects of hormonal changes within women and that a lot of these symptoms are actually not connected with A: each other and B: The CONSISTENT taking of Yasmin.

FOR EXAMPLE: How manny people in this blog have said: "I was taking Dianne35 or Dianette then switched to Yazmin but its was making me crazy now I'm off it and my body is whacking out."

BCP's are designed to be taken in a consistent manner over a large period of time to allow the your body to adjust to the hormonal changes. Not to be stopped, started and then shifted onto a completely different hormonal structure of another pill. No wonder these peoples bodies are whacking out,

If you where prescribed Yazmin by your doctor it is extremely likely that you specified that you A: Didn't want to put on weight, B: Didn't want to have your skin affected or wanted your skin cleared up. Otherwise your doctor wouldn't have put you on Yasmin because of the strength of the pill and the excessive cost.

If you have just started taking yasmin and you are having abmornal and strong side effects then by all means consult your doctor, but don't psych yourself up that all these "symptoms" are caused by the pill, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN TAKING IT FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, because there is such a thing as having a bad day.
Hi Njau,

I know you posted this almost en entire year ago however I have been experiencing the same side effects as you since I've come off yaz (was on it for almost 5 years). So I have two important questions to ask you.

My story is I came off the yaz at the end of Novemeber 2011 (4 months ago). I have only had my period three times since (5 weeks, 3 weeks and then 8 weeks apart). The third time I only had it for 24 hrs. It's now been a couple of weeks since and I still haven't had my period...Prior to being on Yaz I had my period every two weeks (the reason I was on it in the first place).

So my first question for you is how long did it take for your periods to regulate again (if they ever did)?

Secondly, like you said my acne is crazy, just horrendous (my skin was spottless whilst being on the pill). It's really upsetting as Im now an adult (22), not a hormonal 16 year old teen. My skin only became like this after being off the yaz for 2.5 months - 1.5months later its even worse.

So my second question for you is, how long did it take for your skin to become clear again (if it ever did)?

I look forward to your reply.

Natalie.
I was on Yasmin for about 4 years and I had no side effects (from the age of 24 to 28).  I lost weight, my periods normalised, my skin was perfect and I had no PMS.  However, after such a long time on the pill I felt my body needed a break.  I wanted to get in touch with my own cycle again and not feel so manipulated, so I went off the pill. The plan was to go off the pill for at least a year, but 3 months later met my husband and decided to go back on it.  
I stayed on it for 2.5years, but it was never the same again.  I gained weight and got the worst PMS ever.  Eventually the PMS just never went away and I was depressed and anxious all the time.  I would just cry and cry for no reason at all or have crazy outburst and temper tantrums.  My husband (fiance at the time) didn't know what to do and neither did I.  I wasn't myself anymore and I was turning into a psycho b*&*$ that even I couldn't live with.  
I had a feeling it might be the pill, although I certainly didn't blame it at first because I was under a lot of stress at the time, but after I started having regular suicidal thoughts I decided I had to do something.  
Before running to a psychologist, my husband and I thought to try going off the pill to see whether that wouldn't help.  And hey presto!  The moment I stopped taking Yasmin, the depression went away and I was able to think rationally once again.  It felt like a cloud had been lifted and I was back to my old self again.  Even though the stress in my life had not gotten any less, I was able to cope with it much better.
So, yes, our bodies go through a lot of normal changes as we get older, but do not underestimate the power of the hormones contained in these pills.  I was fine before taking them, crazy while taking them, and fine again when I stopped.  That should tell you something.  
i was on yasmin for at least 7 to 8 years, and my skin cleared up ,was really smooth and pretty. was weight ranged between 125 to 130lbs. look rather slim.  after a couple years i began to get really moody and mostly weepy and down.i also was getting a lot of headaches and pain in my legs.i had a doppler done but no clots were revealed. i decided to stop taking yasmin after i was heading for 34yrs.  sometime after i had a break out that  did not look like normal acne but was worst when my periods were due. Looked like a heat rash all in my face. then these unexplained allergies i never had. went to dermatologist then  found out there were several others who has simular presentation,then found out what we all had in common was yasmin. it is now 2 yrs almost since i stopped and the weight gain continues. i went from 130 to 135 then i hit 140 then late last year i was 145 ish.I am now a 153.6 lbs. my diet has not increase but decrease. i am still very active but the weight just going on the rash has now cleared 2 months but my skin has loss that beautiful glow i had with yasmin.
maybe my metabolism now slowing down, but i was never big always very slim even before yasmin,even on other bcp that usually cause weight gain.
I was put onto Dianette when I was 15 for my severe acne and chronic period pain. When I was 20, my doctor warned me that there had been scares for women who had been on Dianette long term. So she switched me to Microgynon, which is the default pill in the UK. For three months, I wanted to die. I had what felt like morning sickness, my moods became incredibly erratic. I had random bleeds and strange discharge. My cervix became really tender and would hurt during intercourse. It just didn't work for me.

I decided to take a break for a while - my skin stayed clear, but I did have a return of period pain and heavy bleeding.

After 2 years, my partner and I got sick of worrying about unwanted pregnancy and I decided to get back on the pill. Given my history with Microgynon, I was prescribed Yasmin, which was fairly new at the time. It was amazing. Pain became almost non-existent and I lost 18 pounds over the Xmas holidays. The only negative side effect was that my breasts went up a cup size, which meant that they were tender for a while. I was on Yasmin for 4 years before deciding to take another break.

The point that I'm trying to make is that everyone has a different experience, as everyone has a different body. I have friends who have been on Microgynon for years, and they've been fine. If you're not having the right reaction, try a different pill!
I was wondering if you ever got pregnent?  I have been of of Yasmin Since the middle of December and was wondering how long it usually takes.  I have had 3 normal periods.  I also have had weight gain but it is worth not having my sex drive completely gone.  
Please do not forget that the any contraceptive pills cheat you body by make it think that you are pregnant! So all a pregnancy complications will appear sooner or later in severe or light form. I was pregnant myself five times and I have a five lovely kids now, but every pregnancy I experienced lots of different complications and some of those could cost a life for me and my child. my faith and Irish low doesn't let me do abortions, but originally I am Ukrainian and I know well from my relatives and friends  experience that abortions it is not only non-moral ( technically it is a murder ) but also always bring a lots of trouble  for a women health. Taking a pill it is a HARD DECISION for women who doesn't want to become pregnant in different reason and this decision cannot be taken in their own. PLEASE always remember that to a kids making process involved TWO persons MALE and FEMALE so RESPONSIBILITY SHOULD BE SHARED BETWEEN THEM !!!!!! TAKE YOUR PARTNER TO THE DOCTOR WITH YOU!!!!! LET HIM KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD COME TRUE FOR KEEP HIS LIFE NICE AND QUIET WITHOUT UNEXPECTED RESPONSIBILITIES SUCH AS A NEWBORN BABY!!!! Girls PLEASE stop killing yourself !!! I had loginon pills for 4 month and got pregnant!!!!  At that time my second baby was only 7 month old. After giving birth I took a Povera injections for 9  month (3 times ) and lost my period for three years!!! and got a  poly cystic ovaries !!! I spent a 2 years to  get my period back!!! And even got pregnant twice after all !!! But it is more like a miracle!!! I still suffer from irregular heavy bleeding so I got a YASMIN as a treatment witch should bring my periods back to normal. Not for a contraception matter. My husband do a contraception now, it is his turn! You know I dont feel the difference between intercourse with and without the condom. If my husband does   I do not care. Five kids it is a limit, you know. I'd pay lots already : I gained weight, got a high blood pressure , Got a navy spider web looking stains on my legs, regular trash infection(candidosis), depressions and poly-cystic ovaries. He would not get even 1% of those by using a condoms!!!! I am on a YASMIN pill for just two weeks for now and cant say anythingabout it but I will let you know later.
I've just started almost two weeks now i notice i have no sex drive which i'm always hot for my boy friend . i would really think this Yasmin has something to do with that and i'm hoping it stops soon has i'm trying not to get pregnant.
HI THERE, IVE BEEN ON JASMINE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS AND IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER. I FELT GREAT, NO WEIGHT GAIN, NO MOODINESS AND NO CRAMPS. ITS THE LIGHTEST PILL ON THE MARKET - GO FOR IT.
I was started on Mycroginon 30 at the age of 17, and not long after I changed to Cilest (I can't remember why I changed). I thought cilest was okay, but looking back actually, I was very jealous and moody alot. And still got bad cramp and lenghty periods. I obviously can't be certain if it was Cilest that caused the moods/jealousy or just because I was young and maybe unhappy. Skin was always great on it.
I came off it after 2.5years when I split up with my boyfriend at the time.

I was off it for about a year until I met someone new I started taking it again, my skin got terrible during this time, and I couldn't understand why as Cilest worked skinwise for me before! (so different pills might work for different people, but ALSO, as your body is changing you may change towards a type of pill also). I persevered for a few months but skin just got worse, so went to doctor who put me on Yasmin.

I'm now 27, so don't even know how many years I've been on Yasmin, but it's been a long time! I'd guess about 8. It has never gave me any problems. I've never gained weight, I get less cramping, very short periods, and my skin has been great.. up until a few months ago I've been getting spots constantly on my chin. This really depresses me, as I really want to stay on Yasmin, but also want better skin! So have no idea what to do! scared to go back on any other pill as yasmin has been so great for me.

I really don't like the way alot of people on this forum immediately associate depression/anger/stress/anxiety/moodswings with that certain pill they were on, even if it was the same time you were taking it, you will never know for sure.
I was on yasmin for about a year, was taking contraception pills for about 6 years! Since stopping Yasmin, my sex drive has also increased, feel human again! Since stopping however, I've has vile headaches, lower back pain and slight cramping in my lower abdomen! 3 weeks off it, just hope my period stays regular,  but from reading posts, I doubt it will!!
Has anyone replied to your post? I have had the same symptoms as you the past few/couple months after stopping birth control. So many websites and people say they usually lose weight when they stop taking birth control, but I have definitely gained weight (or at least it has become MUCH harder to lose it with exercise and change in diet, than ever before - when I was taking birth control). I do have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which may explain the weird weight gain (I'm talking inches measured around, not lbs on the scale), huge increase in facial oiliness, increase in frequency of body odor, increase in acne, and LOTS of gas and bloating. I am 26 now, I started taking birth control (first Yasmin then the past few years switched to Zarah, the generic brand of Yasmin). Please let me know if you have found out anything about your symptoms. My similar ones are driving me crazy! Thanks for your time! :)
Oops, sorry I meant to finish that I'm 26 now, and started taking birth control when I was 15 or 16. I was never very good about taking it at the same time every day but I do notice the difference it made in my body, after stopping the pill.
My daughter of 18 was put on Yasmin by the doctor for skin problems.  She was on it 2 months, it did help with her skin problem but her appetite increased.  She has been off it for at least 5  months now, gets the symptoms of a period starting but nothing has happened. The most heart breaking thing for her is she is still a virgin and is doubting her sexual preferences. I hope this is reversible because she was fine before.
I just started yazmin and my chin has swollen is my swollen chin will go down
my first time to take yasmin pills now i have my menstration but why fr only 1 day?
I have bad acne problems and I tryed nearly everything in the book to try and cure it. I tryed: freederm,clearsil,tea tree,face masks,facials,diffirin,bezyle peroxide and had tablets for acne but never ever did any of them work. I was depressed and paranoid about my face. My acne started when I was 10 and I have always been picked on. So I decided to take yazmin. I have been on it for about nearly a month and half. My skin has cleared a little! I take it every early morning at 6.35am and I have had no sickness but I have days when I am really happy( to happy) and days when I feel murderous and really really angry. I just don't know what to do.
I have to agree with you. I am getting ready to go off Yasmin after 8 years. I had no bad side effects that I can really speak of...maybe a slight headache right before my period, but nothing horrible.
I was on three other BC's before my dr. perscribed Yasmin, and had adverse reactions to all of them, and coming off one of them.

I think we have to realize although there are some things that can be directly linked to Yasmin, most of the studd discussed here can happen going on or coming off ANY of these pills.

So be safe...but don't be scared!
This is my second pack of yasmin and experiencing a heavy bleeding with this huge clots and it's 9 days with periods pls hlp
Viewing 401-489 comments: