Yasmin Birth Control Pill - Questions about side effects when stopping

I have been on Yasmin for 6 months.  I have stopped because my husband and I are considering having another baby.

Well, I decided to search for some info. in regards to stopping yasmin and came across a message forum.  (not this one)

Okay, now, my concern is the effcts after STOPPING yasmin.
I understand that all bc pills are different and so are we women as far as side effects go.  I have read postings about women who stopped taking yasmin and have experienced the following:

- anxiety, panic attacks, heart palpitations and fluttering
- depression
- excessive weight gain
- hair loss

*I already have a prob. with depression, anxiety and panic attacks, so I am currently on medication.  (Will be weaned off if not good during the pregnancy - just wanted you to know I am thinking it all through:)

*It is one thing to gain maybe 5 lbs. or to gain weight when pregnant.  I have been pregnant before and understand weight gain comes with this.  LOL  HOWEVER, my concern is mainly the emotional / mental side effects after stopping yasmin, as well as excessive weight gain after stopping.  (while not pregnant)

Has anyone either Experienced these side effects after stopping yasmin OR known of anyone who has or know anything about these effects.  I am guessing they are caused from the drop in the hormone levels.  Also, I have heard about primrose oil and flaxseed oil being good to regulate hormones or help PMS symptoms.  (I was mainly on yasmin for PMS symptoms / moods and to regulate my periods)

Thank you!

I took dianette for 3 years and then was taken off it about a year ago and prescribed Yasmin as there is health warnings around Dianette. However, the past 6 weeks i have suffered with several migraines which i havent had since being at school. I went to the doctor and told him about this and he imediatley took me off Yasmin and they wont prescribe any oestrogen based pill as it can cause strokes to women that get migraines. I'm absolotuley gutted as diannette and Yasmin are the only thing that helped my skin and also put some weight on me which sounds strange to most girls but i was really skinny and felt so ugly. The doctor has now prescribed the mini pill called cerazette, which i have researched and one of the side effects are acne. I'm gutted really dont wanna start taking this as i am afraid i'll end up with oily skin and loads of spots like before i took diannette. Does anyone have any experience of this pill? Also does anyone know if stopping taking pill altogether causes a decrease in weight?
I just started taking yasmin, (hasnt even been a month) and my skin on my face and body has broken out so badly its embarrassing! My skin is normally very clear so its upsetting! I've also fealt rather lethargic and bloated, I have considered stopping but now seeing the issues you have all had when stopping, I dont know what to do? Really worried as I struggle with weight as it is since I had my son :( please help! Do you all still have symptoms if you swap straight to a different pill?
Hi yall, i had my yassy last night, dont see what all yall fussin' bout. Tha yassy giz me the best self face sex ever, it make me bendy enough to lick me own *** xxxxxxxx

Best advise i can give yall girlies is to take a step back read the manual and appreciate what ur gettin yall self into, walk forward not back and smash that yassy all the way home. Rip up and walk outside and show ur bendy yasmin *** off to the yokels xxx peace out. Word up. YASMIN TILL I DIE
My wedding is 22nd Sept. next Thursday and till now I didn't start take it...I don't know what to do and how i use it any help please?
My mum has been after me to stop taking the Yasmin (not the generic ones) pills, she said it might have side effects.  Been taking it for almost 3 years now.  Took it to stop my menstrual craps and heavy bleeding which were horrible. My period pains became lesser and it wasn't as bad as it used to be.  Once in a while I do get cramps but it's still manageable.  Last year my doctor gave me the Yaz version which is shorter pill break and I did try it for 3 months and it was terrible.  I was irritable, had emotional mood swings and I couldn't control myself emotionally so i stopped and went back to the original Yasmin with the usual number of pill break period.  Anyway, after reading the comments I think it depends on the person if it works out for you or not. It works for me so far but at the moment I'm thinking of stopping the pill to try and even out and balance my hormones before starting to have a baby.
Hi my girlfriend has been on Yasmin for 5 years. At the beggining of the year she changed to a pill call YAZ and had bad side effects. She then went back to Yasmin and those side effects were gone. However i have noticed a deterioration in her over the last few months. She is semi depressed i would say even thou she denies it. She has no sex drive what so ever anymore and has lost alot of emotion towards me and everything i suppose. Its hard seeing this and not knowing what u can do to change things. She agreed some of the side effects people have on here she has experienced. She says that Yasmin is the best pill and has worked for her for long but im wondering if there is anything that can correct these issues. Are there any other good pills that wont give these side effects or kill her sex drive the way it has. Thanks
never go for Yasmin. Ive been using it for  3months. 1st month was alright.2nd month i started having mood swings n depression and hogging food.3rd month after the complete course,i stopped as my doc prescribed it for regularising my periodsn after i stopped with in a week i got the shock of my life when i saw my breast producing milk and my tummy is also bloated n big.i was a gorgeous girl with good body shape n good skin n fit n fine and now an ugly duckling and now i want to soo my doc for prescribing YASMIN.
I was on Yasmin/Ocella for about 9 years, and went off it about 9 months ago to try and get pregnant. My periods have been very irregular, I went a few months with nothing and then start spotting and then a few months with a  period for a month straight, now I am back to spotting every few days. I have also gained between 30-40 pounds even though I eat well and exercise regularly and I have the WORST acne all over my face, chest and back! I have tried everything to get rid of it with no luck. I am wondering if anyone else had a similar experience and if they eventually got pregnant. Thanks!!!
hi, am new here, i just want to ask some question and advice
first is yaz and yasmin is only same? or different contraceptive?
and today i went to my OB, she was prescribed me to take yaz, just want to ask if can i just take althea? coz i already used the althea bfore, and i think althea and yaz is only same effect? same for irregular mens?
can i just take althea?
I was prescribed Yasmin after having really serious emotional problems taking Microgynon30. The doctor prescribed me Yasmin which in the UK is a much more expensive pill and therefore better for you. I have had no problems with Yasmin at all and compared to my emotions with Microgynon I am far better. I have come off now to try for a baby. I just hope it doesn't take ages to get out of my system and I hope that the Yasmin problems do not begin now
Stopping yasmin - my yasmin story

Firstly, I dont usually post comments in forums but after reading everyones elses efforts I thought I would make the effort too..

I have been on yasmin for a number of years, maybe 5-6 years and generally thought it was a good pill -

PROS

- Anti-bloating
- Good Skin
- Clockwork periods
- Light periods

CONS

- Possibly some kind of anxiety
- Possibly caused me to be irritable with people
- 0 sex drive which actually lead to the finish of my 5 year relationship (but this could have just been a natural lack of sex drive due to chemisty loss (I just will never know now)
- This might not be down to the pill but I wonder if it caused me to get a lot of sun sensitivity - heat rash etc but this may just be my celtic skin

So I stopped the pill about a month ago (around Halloween) I had my 7 day break, went back on for 4 days and then stopped and got another period soon after.

REASONS FOR STOPPING:
Just experimental to see if it improved (potental anxiety) related symptoms and back pain. Was worried about stroke etc (though risk is still very low)

SINCE STOPPING CONS:

- Crampy feeling - feels like period is constantly due
- A change in bowel movements
- Feeling bloated/trapped wind
- Wind
- A couple of pimples and maybe not so good facial complexion but not too bad so far

PROS: (SO FAR) - HOPING THERE ARE MORE TO COME : )

- Maybe feeling a bit calmer (MAYBE)
- MAYBE increased horniness but the sex drive situ may have been down  to relationship naturally losing chemistry, like I said I'll never know.
- I think my nails are stronger

:) Hope this helps

Tammy

Stopping yasmin - my yasmin story

PROS

- Anti-bloating
- Good Skin
- Clockwork periods
- Light periods

CONS

- Possibly some kind of anxiety which caused a lot of symptoms that lead to gp hospital referrals
- 0 sex drive which actually lead to the finish of my 5 year relationship

REASONS FOR STOPPING:

SINCE STOPPING CONS:

- A change in bowel movements including some constipation and the opposite
- Feeling bloated/trapped wind
- Wind
-  HUNGRY!!!!

- Maybe feeling a bit calmer and less anxious
-  increased horniness  
- I think my nails are stronger

:) Hope this helps

Tammy

I was placed on Yasmin for mild acne in 2005. I took if for 4 years. It did more than fix my acne. It lifted my mood, I tell everyone it fixed me. Anyway, I decided to try for a baby and after 3 months of discontinuing Yasmin, I was pregnant.  My problems started when I came off Yasmin. It is almost like a withdrawal, fatigue, weight gain, hot flashes, nausea. It has continued ever since stopping Yasmin. I have been off of it for 3+ years and no improvements. After I had my little girl I tried to get back on Yasmin but stopped because I was worried about all the side effects I hear of. But after suffering for this long, I want my Yasmin. I just don't function with out it. I have not found any other birth control that comes close to doing what Yasmin did for me. Being off yasmin has screwed me up. If anyone was on Yasmin and did well on it but switched to another birthcontrol with out any complications, please tell me which one it was. I finally started back on it this month. I'm not happy about taking it but it helps me.
Hi, I have been on Yasmin for 8 years now.  I am mostly happy with it.  I terrible bloating with the Alesse and LoOvral.  I couldn't take Yaz-I tried it for several months and had even more migraines and was so sick when I had my period.  Anyway, I wanted to know if anyone experieces bloating during the third week of Yasmin.  I have noticed this every few months.  I thought Yasmin was supposed to cut down on PMS symptoms, and I wonder why am still getting a little bloated during the third week of active pills.  Once my period starts, a few days later, the bloat starts to go away.  I appreciate any answers.  Thank you!
Im so thankful i decided to google this and read up on what all of you lovely ladies have had to say.
I was firstly prescribed Mycrogynon when i was 18... to regulate my periods mainly. I didnt take it for very long before being changed to Yasmin. I took Yasmin for 2 years. I gained a little weight, but nothing abnormal (and my boobs did seem to grow! which was a bonus!).....
I would always take Yasmin before going to sleep..... however i started to notice i would wake up EVERY morning feeling Soooo nauseous. So when i split up with my boyfriend i decided to stop taking it.
However my periods once again were unpredictable.... So i have just started taking it again after nearly a years break. I have only been taking it a few days and already i have started to experience the Nausea and a dull headache. I thought i must be crazy to try and blame these things on the pill after only a few days. I questioned 'surely it cant have been in my system long enough to make me feel so sick so quickly' however after reading all your posts i can definately blame it on the pill!
I had to take a trip to the hospital for a urine infection just before i started taking Yasmin again and i had a discussion with the nurse about how sick Yasmin made me feel before and that was why i had stopped taking it.
She replied that it was 'very strange' for me to feel sick etc because Yasmin is one of the pills that has the 'lowest' hormone levels and to try taking it in the morning instead of before i went to bed.
It is also supposedly one of the most expensive contraceptive pills.
So if this is supposed to be one of the better ones....is there any hope for any pill to be succesfull!?
Hey :)

I have been on bcp for the last 6 years.. first Diane for I think 2 years for acne. I went off coz wanted to be natural, no hormones. But after a few months I got the most terrible acne, and also never got a period which scared me, I was so depressed with how I looked after experiencing amazing skin from the pill. So I went on Yas.

I have now been on it last 4 years, and now want to go off bcps for good. Because I want to clear my system to be able to have a baby in the next 3 years.. I have heard it can take 3 years to get the hormones back to normal if you have been on long time like me. sigh. I also have had crazy emotional moods swings on bcps, crying for no reason, low self esteem etc.. only thing Im dreading is the return of horrible acne.. and hope my hormones get normal and get normal periods again, tho I used to have extreme period pain before bcp..

I have seen a naturopath, highly recommend for anyone going off bcps!
They will help you naturally to get your hormones back to normal, also bcps can make you low in certain vitamins and minerals, especially zinc. So I am taking zinc and a special drink formulated especially for me, its natural and has things also to help acne and stress, anxiety.

I agree with the eating lots of green vegies, I believe that helps so much for anything! I am going to start making green smoothies :)

Does anyone here know how long and how it was for them to get back to normal? I want to have a baby.. :)

Thanks.. x
i have gained lots of weight as soon as i left yasmin pills.also had nausea and bad tummy.i felt like as if i am again pregnant.
Hi everyone.. i have been on Yasmin for many years now so thought i would share my lil story..

I thought I had no bad side effects from Yasmin at all.. however recently have had a scare of being pregnant and still unsure.. this is because I missed my period when I stopped to have my 7 day break. I stopped it on the 25th November and would normally start my period around 2-3 days.. because of the scare I have stopped taking Yasmin and have been off it for 2 weeks and 3 days, I still haven't had a period.

Since stopping my mood has lifted.. I suffered with slight anxiety and worrying this so far has stopped.. my sex drive has increased A LOT.. I feel my normal bubbly self again.. I have had a boyfriend for a year and 7 months now and he has noticed the change in me.. Hope this helps..

Now if i could get some help....?? I have taken 2 pregnancy tests and there both negative.. my doctor said to wait till the 16th December as that would be a couple of weeks on.. in the last 2 days my nipples have increased in size and are very sore even to touch.. could this mean anything. i am 23 and never had a scare before, no children..

Could this mean i am ? i have no other symptoms apart from a late period and now very sore nipples... is this just a side effect from stopping Yasmin ?

Ive stopped taking the yasmin pill for just over a week now and my bust/ nipples are so soore and swollen my legs have swollen up and the top of my tummy ,has anyone had this ?
hello, i was on the yasmin combined pill for just over 3 years...never had any side affects to my knowledge, i suffered from rubbish skin but that cleared it right up. anyway i came off the pill about a month ago, had my period and just didnt carry it on reason i did this is cause i think i may have got caught pregnant!! however im not sure if these symptoms i'm having has anything thing to do with me stopping the pill. i've never suffered with my periods always been on time start a tuesday finish saturday but when i had my 7 day break my period was alot lighter then usual and i had a swollen lower abdomen aswel as tiredness, itchy skin/breasts now i have to stress ive never had anything thing like this whilst on the pill so i came off it...the symptoms carried on my stomach seemed to get bigger had cramps when i shouldnt had, fell asleep during the day (almost everyday) and kept getting a buring sensation in my right ovary nothing bad just little twinges anyway ive been taking tests but all coming out negative so i came to the conclusion i'm not pregnant however i havent started my period i was due 4 days ago!! never been late in my life ALWAYS on time! i dont really know what to think, i'm not sure if the pill has caused my hormones to mess up...anyone has similar problem!??
Just read your comment...your story if very similar to mine, did you end up being pregnant?? my breast have also increased in size especially the right one aswel as darker nipples well they seem alot darker!! if i would happen to be pregnant i would be almost 8 weeks but keep getting negatives o'm very confused!! i also have no children
Hello I been taking yaz for 5yrs and I was doing really good and l love the pill. I had surgery on my wisdom toot, and was on antibiotics for two weeks so I stop taking my birth control for the two weeks and now I miss my period have cramping and my breast are sore. took 2 test and they came back neg. I called my Dr. she told me to go in tomorrow for another test. My ? is has anyone had the same problems????  
I have been on Yazmen for about 5 years and it is perfect for me.  No problems.  The weight gain I have is my own fault and not related.  I have a history of PMDD and painful ovulation.  Not to mention family history of ovarian cancer.  There fore even though I am done having children (mother of 3) I still need to take the pill and not do something permanent.  I have tried many different pills over the years and even the shot (THAT was HELL) but Yazmen works for me.  I know the risks but I know how awful life was before Yazmen and I do not want to go back.(Cramps, migranes, horrid skin, irritable, tired, snapy, moody....etc.)  I will take the risk.  My husband wants me to switch but what am I to swtich too?  Anything out there that is like Yazmen will have the same balance and risks.  I only do a period 3 times a year (Doctor approved) and when I do the hormone levels drop and I have migranes.  This last week I have had 4!  That is why I skip periods as much as I do.  I can't take the generic version....nothing like Yazmen!  At this point I will keep taking it.  It works for me.
Different pills work for different people. For me, Dianette was best. No side effects, no weight gain and acne gone. When i was swapped to Yasmin it was horrorific- awful acne and very dark and depressive thoughts to the point of wanting and almost trying to kill myself. Luckily after a few months I realised it was Yasmin doing this and came traight off. I've not been back on any pill since I'm not longer allowed on Dianette.

The dark and depressive thoughts pretty went quite quickly after I came off the pill, though the spots took a bit longer. My aunt was also put on Yasmin, without havign been on anything else, and suffered the same side effects though didn't recognise them-i recognised them when she confessed them to me and then after asking her what had changed she confirmed their was a direct link between when it started and when she was taking yasmin.  So it's possible that the 'not getting on with certain pills' has something to do with similar biochemstry like between family members. Both my aunt and cousin is on Dianette now without problems.

I think every pill can have side effects, I think recognising them as side effects (which some can be hard to do, especially with depression since a lot of people are under a lot of stress or depressed anyway) is what's important in finding the best pill for someone. I know someone whose tried pretty much every pill going and gets on with none, while i know ladies who've switched with no issues or problems. I've also known people to come off the pill and suddenly realise what effect it had on them and others not to have seen a difference.

All pills have risks, all have potential side effects, different stokes for different folks-it's all about recognising what works in your biology, for you.
Hi Everyone,
Im 18yrs old and Myself and 3 of my closest friends have all been taking Yasmin for about 3 years. I have experience lowed sex drive and increased sensitivity on Yasmin and my Doctor has said i could switch to a weaker pill but I personally think that when taken right Yasmin is the best pill for birth control. I have been having unprotected sex with my partner for 3 years now and have never once had a pregnancy scare. (All the women in my family are extremely fertile also).

After initially reading this forum i was shocked and considered talking to my doctor about changing pills but as i kept reading it became evident that a lot of writers on this forum complaining about crazy symptoms such as migraines and mood swings have really psyched themselves up about it and all these things are actually really normal side effects of hormonal changes within women and that a lot of these symptoms are actually not connected with A: each other and B: The CONSISTENT taking of Yasmin.

FOR EXAMPLE: How manny people in this blog have said: "I was taking Dianne35 or Dianette then switched to Yazmin but its was making me crazy now I'm off it and my body is whacking out."

BCP's are designed to be taken in a consistent manner over a large period of time to allow the your body to adjust to the hormonal changes. Not to be stopped, started and then shifted onto a completely different hormonal structure of another pill. No wonder these peoples bodies are whacking out,

If you where prescribed Yazmin by your doctor it is extremely likely that you specified that you A: Didn't want to put on weight, B: Didn't want to have your skin affected or wanted your skin cleared up. Otherwise your doctor wouldn't have put you on Yasmin because of the strength of the pill and the excessive cost.

If you have just started taking yasmin and you are having abmornal and strong side effects then by all means consult your doctor, but don't psych yourself up that all these "symptoms" are caused by the pill, ESPECIALLY IF YOU HAVE BEEN TAKING IT FOR A PERIOD OF TIME, because there is such a thing as having a bad day.
Hi Njau,

I know you posted this almost en entire year ago however I have been experiencing the same side effects as you since I've come off yaz (was on it for almost 5 years). So I have two important questions to ask you.

My story is I came off the yaz at the end of Novemeber 2011 (4 months ago). I have only had my period three times since (5 weeks, 3 weeks and then 8 weeks apart). The third time I only had it for 24 hrs. It's now been a couple of weeks since and I still haven't had my period...Prior to being on Yaz I had my period every two weeks (the reason I was on it in the first place).

So my first question for you is how long did it take for your periods to regulate again (if they ever did)?

Secondly, like you said my acne is crazy, just horrendous (my skin was spottless whilst being on the pill). It's really upsetting as Im now an adult (22), not a hormonal 16 year old teen. My skin only became like this after being off the yaz for 2.5 months - 1.5months later its even worse.

So my second question for you is, how long did it take for your skin to become clear again (if it ever did)?

I look forward to your reply.

Natalie.
I was on Yasmin for about 4 years and I had no side effects (from the age of 24 to 28).  I lost weight, my periods normalised, my skin was perfect and I had no PMS.  However, after such a long time on the pill I felt my body needed a break.  I wanted to get in touch with my own cycle again and not feel so manipulated, so I went off the pill. The plan was to go off the pill for at least a year, but 3 months later met my husband and decided to go back on it.  
I stayed on it for 2.5years, but it was never the same again.  I gained weight and got the worst PMS ever.  Eventually the PMS just never went away and I was depressed and anxious all the time.  I would just cry and cry for no reason at all or have crazy outburst and temper tantrums.  My husband (fiance at the time) didn't know what to do and neither did I.  I wasn't myself anymore and I was turning into a psycho b*&*$ that even I couldn't live with.  
I had a feeling it might be the pill, although I certainly didn't blame it at first because I was under a lot of stress at the time, but after I started having regular suicidal thoughts I decided I had to do something.  
Before running to a psychologist, my husband and I thought to try going off the pill to see whether that wouldn't help.  And hey presto!  The moment I stopped taking Yasmin, the depression went away and I was able to think rationally once again.  It felt like a cloud had been lifted and I was back to my old self again.  Even though the stress in my life had not gotten any less, I was able to cope with it much better.
So, yes, our bodies go through a lot of normal changes as we get older, but do not underestimate the power of the hormones contained in these pills.  I was fine before taking them, crazy while taking them, and fine again when I stopped.  That should tell you something.  
i was on yasmin for at least 7 to 8 years, and my skin cleared up ,was really smooth and pretty. was weight ranged between 125 to 130lbs. look rather slim.  after a couple years i began to get really moody and mostly weepy and down.i also was getting a lot of headaches and pain in my legs.i had a doppler done but no clots were revealed. i decided to stop taking yasmin after i was heading for 34yrs.  sometime after i had a break out that  did not look like normal acne but was worst when my periods were due. Looked like a heat rash all in my face. then these unexplained allergies i never had. went to dermatologist then  found out there were several others who has simular presentation,then found out what we all had in common was yasmin. it is now 2 yrs almost since i stopped and the weight gain continues. i went from 130 to 135 then i hit 140 then late last year i was 145 ish.I am now a 153.6 lbs. my diet has not increase but decrease. i am still very active but the weight just going on the rash has now cleared 2 months but my skin has loss that beautiful glow i had with yasmin.
maybe my metabolism now slowing down, but i was never big always very slim even before yasmin,even on other bcp that usually cause weight gain.
I was put onto Dianette when I was 15 for my severe acne and chronic period pain. When I was 20, my doctor warned me that there had been scares for women who had been on Dianette long term. So she switched me to Microgynon, which is the default pill in the UK. For three months, I wanted to die. I had what felt like morning sickness, my moods became incredibly erratic. I had random bleeds and strange discharge. My cervix became really tender and would hurt during intercourse. It just didn't work for me.

I decided to take a break for a while - my skin stayed clear, but I did have a return of period pain and heavy bleeding.

After 2 years, my partner and I got sick of worrying about unwanted pregnancy and I decided to get back on the pill. Given my history with Microgynon, I was prescribed Yasmin, which was fairly new at the time. It was amazing. Pain became almost non-existent and I lost 18 pounds over the Xmas holidays. The only negative side effect was that my breasts went up a cup size, which meant that they were tender for a while. I was on Yasmin for 4 years before deciding to take another break.

The point that I'm trying to make is that everyone has a different experience, as everyone has a different body. I have friends who have been on Microgynon for years, and they've been fine. If you're not having the right reaction, try a different pill!
I was wondering if you ever got pregnent?  I have been of of Yasmin Since the middle of December and was wondering how long it usually takes.  I have had 3 normal periods.  I also have had weight gain but it is worth not having my sex drive completely gone.  
Please do not forget that the any contraceptive pills cheat you body by make it think that you are pregnant! So all a pregnancy complications will appear sooner or later in severe or light form. I was pregnant myself five times and I have a five lovely kids now, but every pregnancy I experienced lots of different complications and some of those could cost a life for me and my child. my faith and Irish low doesn't let me do abortions, but originally I am Ukrainian and I know well from my relatives and friends  experience that abortions it is not only non-moral ( technically it is a murder ) but also always bring a lots of trouble  for a women health. Taking a pill it is a HARD DECISION for women who doesn't want to become pregnant in different reason and this decision cannot be taken in their own. PLEASE always remember that to a kids making process involved TWO persons MALE and FEMALE so RESPONSIBILITY SHOULD BE SHARED BETWEEN THEM !!!!!! TAKE YOUR PARTNER TO THE DOCTOR WITH YOU!!!!! LET HIM KNOW WHAT YOU SHOULD COME TRUE FOR KEEP HIS LIFE NICE AND QUIET WITHOUT UNEXPECTED RESPONSIBILITIES SUCH AS A NEWBORN BABY!!!! Girls PLEASE stop killing yourself !!! I had loginon pills for 4 month and got pregnant!!!!  At that time my second baby was only 7 month old. After giving birth I took a Povera injections for 9  month (3 times ) and lost my period for three years!!! and got a  poly cystic ovaries !!! I spent a 2 years to  get my period back!!! And even got pregnant twice after all !!! But it is more like a miracle!!! I still suffer from irregular heavy bleeding so I got a YASMIN as a treatment witch should bring my periods back to normal. Not for a contraception matter. My husband do a contraception now, it is his turn! You know I dont feel the difference between intercourse with and without the condom. If my husband does   I do not care. Five kids it is a limit, you know. I'd pay lots already : I gained weight, got a high blood pressure , Got a navy spider web looking stains on my legs, regular trash infection(candidosis), depressions and poly-cystic ovaries. He would not get even 1% of those by using a condoms!!!! I am on a YASMIN pill for just two weeks for now and cant say anythingabout it but I will let you know later.
I've just started almost two weeks now i notice i have no sex drive which i'm always hot for my boy friend . i would really think this Yasmin has something to do with that and i'm hoping it stops soon has i'm trying not to get pregnant.
HI THERE, IVE BEEN ON JASMINE FOR ABOUT 10 YEARS AND IT WAS THE BEST THING EVER. I FELT GREAT, NO WEIGHT GAIN, NO MOODINESS AND NO CRAMPS. ITS THE LIGHTEST PILL ON THE MARKET - GO FOR IT.
I was started on Mycroginon 30 at the age of 17, and not long after I changed to Cilest (I can't remember why I changed). I thought cilest was okay, but looking back actually, I was very jealous and moody alot. And still got bad cramp and lenghty periods. I obviously can't be certain if it was Cilest that caused the moods/jealousy or just because I was young and maybe unhappy. Skin was always great on it.
I came off it after 2.5years when I split up with my boyfriend at the time.

I was off it for about a year until I met someone new I started taking it again, my skin got terrible during this time, and I couldn't understand why as Cilest worked skinwise for me before! (so different pills might work for different people, but ALSO, as your body is changing you may change towards a type of pill also). I persevered for a few months but skin just got worse, so went to doctor who put me on Yasmin.

I'm now 27, so don't even know how many years I've been on Yasmin, but it's been a long time! I'd guess about 8. It has never gave me any problems. I've never gained weight, I get less cramping, very short periods, and my skin has been great.. up until a few months ago I've been getting spots constantly on my chin. This really depresses me, as I really want to stay on Yasmin, but also want better skin! So have no idea what to do! scared to go back on any other pill as yasmin has been so great for me.

I really don't like the way alot of people on this forum immediately associate depression/anger/stress/anxiety/moodswings with that certain pill they were on, even if it was the same time you were taking it, you will never know for sure.
I was on yasmin for about a year, was taking contraception pills for about 6 years! Since stopping Yasmin, my sex drive has also increased, feel human again! Since stopping however, I've has vile headaches, lower back pain and slight cramping in my lower abdomen! 3 weeks off it, just hope my period stays regular,  but from reading posts, I doubt it will!!
Has anyone replied to your post? I have had the same symptoms as you the past few/couple months after stopping birth control. So many websites and people say they usually lose weight when they stop taking birth control, but I have definitely gained weight (or at least it has become MUCH harder to lose it with exercise and change in diet, than ever before - when I was taking birth control). I do have polycystic ovarian syndrome, which may explain the weird weight gain (I'm talking inches measured around, not lbs on the scale), huge increase in facial oiliness, increase in frequency of body odor, increase in acne, and LOTS of gas and bloating. I am 26 now, I started taking birth control (first Yasmin then the past few years switched to Zarah, the generic brand of Yasmin). Please let me know if you have found out anything about your symptoms. My similar ones are driving me crazy! Thanks for your time! :)
Oops, sorry I meant to finish that I'm 26 now, and started taking birth control when I was 15 or 16. I was never very good about taking it at the same time every day but I do notice the difference it made in my body, after stopping the pill.
My daughter of 18 was put on Yasmin by the doctor for skin problems.  She was on it 2 months, it did help with her skin problem but her appetite increased.  She has been off it for at least 5  months now, gets the symptoms of a period starting but nothing has happened. The most heart breaking thing for her is she is still a virgin and is doubting her sexual preferences. I hope this is reversible because she was fine before.
I just started yazmin and my chin has swollen is my swollen chin will go down
my first time to take yasmin pills now i have my menstration but why fr only 1 day?
I have bad acne problems and I tryed nearly everything in the book to try and cure it. I tryed: freederm,clearsil,tea tree,face masks,facials,diffirin,bezyle peroxide and had tablets for acne but never ever did any of them work. I was depressed and paranoid about my face. My acne started when I was 10 and I have always been picked on. So I decided to take yazmin. I have been on it for about nearly a month and half. My skin has cleared a little! I take it every early morning at 6.35am and I have had no sickness but I have days when I am really happy( to happy) and days when I feel murderous and really really angry. I just don't know what to do.
I have to agree with you. I am getting ready to go off Yasmin after 8 years. I had no bad side effects that I can really speak of...maybe a slight headache right before my period, but nothing horrible.
I was on three other BC's before my dr. perscribed Yasmin, and had adverse reactions to all of them, and coming off one of them.

I think we have to realize although there are some things that can be directly linked to Yasmin, most of the studd discussed here can happen going on or coming off ANY of these pills.

So be safe...but don't be scared!
This is my second pack of yasmin and experiencing a heavy bleeding with this huge clots and it's 9 days with periods pls hlp
For me too, but not until the fourth months. My perios is starting irregular and i fsel bloating right now.
I have similar experiences as well with getting off Yasmin gaining weight and anxiety. How have you been coping with it.
Hey guys,

I have been taking Yasmin for 2 years, at first I thought it was a good idea to take the pill as it did help me, however now I suffer the consequences. Not quite sure if many of you had this problem, but has anyone problems with their regular menstrual cycles once stopping taking the Yasmin Birth Control Pill? And if so, how long after you stopped, did your cycle become normal again? Please reply and let me know. I have done my research and they say that with birth control pills, it should take up to 3 months to get back to your regular cycle, however I think some birth controls are different to Yasmin and it may be also on how long you've been taking them for.  
I was always confident, happy go lucky and loved life. Yasmin made the world crash down around me for the last 6 weeks I was on it (got increasingly worse over the year I was on it) and the first 12 weeks off of it. I am over 5 months off and still not fully better, although things have improved greatly. You couldn't pay me a million bucks to go back to those first few months. I never had issues before the pill so I was left wondering WHAT could have possibly happened to me? I finally figured out it was the pill.

The symptoms for many seem to be exacerbated around ovulation time and period. It is all caused by hormonal imbalance caused by oral contraceptives. The good news is, it gets better with time. The bad news is, its a terribly hard time for many women. Good luck to you!
Hello, i started taking Yasmin when i was 16years old and when i first took them i was completely fine on them, however i stopped taking them probably just under a year later, then went back on them and was still fine on them (no side affects), however i feel as though the 3rd time (this time) i have been on Yasmin which i have been on since roughly 2011 and i am now 23yrs old that i have been experiencing some side affects, i mever thought to link anything as before i was completely fine on them, but when i think back to roughly around when I went on Yasmin for the 3rd time, this is where all my health problems stem from, i have suffered with eczema all my life.... When i was younger it sometimes got bad in the back of my knees, hands and creases of my arms, however in 2011 my eczema flared soooo bad that i had to go on a course of antibiotics as it had got infected, after this i have had nothing but constant flare ups and my eczema is now litrally head to toe, ive had numerous courses of steriod tablets from the docs and antibiotics, sent to a dermatologist and everything, none of the doctors have said it could be linked to the yasmin pill but i suspect it is after reading forums like this, also i have got ibs like syptoms and have had for years, i also suspect this is down to yasmin and in the past year my hair has started falling out alot.... Everytime i wash it a clump comes out and I've got bald patches, i want to come off yasmin but people have had worse affects after stopping it, yet i feel like i have to rule out if my severe eczema and other symptoms can be a cause of this. I have also had depression/anxiety/emotional wreck symptoms in the past few years :/ please if anyone else has suffered severe eczema flare ups can you post about it, thanks :/
This is a really useful thread! I was on Yasmin for 3 years, and never had any problem on it. Came off it January 2016 for no real reason other than I didn't really need it as birth control. About 2 months later, started experiencing LOTS of hair shedding. Way more than before. Dr said it could be from the drop in oestrogen since discontinuing the pill and will probably last around 3 months. However, its now July and the shedding hasn't decreased. I'm wondering if going back on the pill will reverse the shedding? (I still have a 3 month supply of Lucette - generic version of Yasmin). Has any one had any experience of this? And did going back on the pill fix it?
Hi, going back on the pill will stop it as you will be putting the regulate oestrogen levels back in but your hair is on a 2/3 month cycle so what you do today affects your hair in around 3 months time....... I stopped Yasmin in Dec 15, started shedding hair in Feb and it didn't stop until July. It was really traumatic and it is a lot thinner but it did stop. And now with taking extra iron (you need Ferratin/ iron levels of over 100 for good hair growth and often the pill depletes your absorption), hair supplement Nourkrin, hair loss shampoo Nioxin (which stimulates the scalp and makes hair look and feel thicker) I'm looking and feeling much better and seeing new growth.
If you go back on the pill you will just have to detox again so my advice would be hang on in there otherwise you will just be dealing with same thing again soon and the months you've detoxes will have been wasted. Good luck. Kaz