Yeast Infection, Monistat 1 Day Too Strong, Still Having Problems... Ne...

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Viewing 201-211 comments:
I had to take antibiotics because I had tonsillitis back in March, and shortly thereafter got a yeast infection (surprise!). I took the Monistat 1 because I wanted to finally get back to a normal sex life, but I had the same nasty side effects all of you did! I ended up taking a one time dose of Diflucan, and it went away. Two months later, it came back. Just as I was treating it, I had to go on a very heavy round of antibiotics (2000mg of Kefflex (sp?) a day). So of course, it didn't leave. I am now still battling it, and have taken countless Diflucan pills. My doctor just told me to continue those for the next week (one every other day) and start a 7-day Monistat. I hope this helps! Has anyone ever had this experience? I am going crazy and I'm sure my boyfriend is too as we have to keep using condoms (which irritate the both of us) and when I have the YI don't have sex at all. I just sit and cry about this problem because I feel so helpless.
Avatar n tn
I am my own worst enemy. I have an allergy to one of my favouite sweet snack foods but that has not stopped me from eating it. Unfotunately, I went on a bender for this particular food item the other day and ended up with vaginal irritation and all the classic signs and symptoms of a yeast infection-which has previously been cause by my stubborn refusal to stop eating what I'm allergic to. I went to the phamacy and bought  Monistat 3. The first night I used it it burned like the dickens! I literally had to take a fan and turn it onto my hoohoo to get some measure of relief and it was quite red and swollen.By the next morning the burning had settled and the yeast infection symptoms had reduced so I thought I would complete the 2nd day of treatment. Bad, bad, bad idea. It was like I put a flame directly to my vagina. It was so tender that I had to squeeze it out and then try to wash the rest of it out and then whip out my fan and put it on blast aimed directly at my vagina for good measure. I've been using benadryl and ibuprofen to help with the pain and swelling as well as the uderlying allergy that stated this whole mess. I would not reccoment monistat 3 to anyone so I'd run screaming in the other direction when faced with monistat 1. I have to say burning is not an indication of effectiveness. It is an indication of damage. I'm going to try Canesten in a few days when I heal up.
I've never had a yi in my life and I got one at the end of a three week antibiotic treatment for an ear infection. I use monistat 1 with the ovule but didn't know I was supposed to lay down afterwards. The next day I felt like something was stuck in there so I pit my finger up there(after washing my hands) and I could hardly find my hole.!!!! I freaked!!!I thought I had warts or something crazy going on down there. I had a friend of mine that has been a nurse for years look at it since it was late at night and she said there wasn't anything that she could see that wad abnormal. She thinks maybe I had an allergic reaction to the M1.its been two days since I used the insert and I can find my hole again but it still feels slightly swollen and there are a few sensitive spots on my inner labia. I'm wondering if the M1 was just too strong. I wasn't really discharging before I did the treatment but now I have white discharge. Don't know if its the med.or just me. Should I maybe try a 7 day treatment? If so how long should I wait to start another treatment. I don't have insurance at the moment and I don't know of any free clinics in my area. Any advice?
I am very scared. I'm only 16 and I think I have yeast infection. I am even scared to tell my parents :"( please help me
I used the three day treatment I'm on the third day with no relief yet I'm itching and burning bad I want to take a back scratched to my lady parts lol its inside . Is it normal to have symptoms still after three days of treating this ugh.... I can't even sleep just want to itch...
Avatar n tn
I just tried the monistat 3 day cream about 3 hours ago and I am in more pain than I was before I tried it.  Brought tears!  I can't sleep, concentrate and just called the nurse at my local hospital.  She told me to take a bath or try to go to the bathroom...Duh, I've already tried that and icing it.  No relief.  Now I'm scared to try it again.  Wondering if I should go to a doctor now and get on something different???  Also trying to figure out how to calm this burning and itching so I can go to work in the morning.
had sex on Sunday, also started with anti-biotics (amox) on Sunday--- then got what I thought was a yeast infection on monday-mild discomfort and itching...plus a little spotting.  Continued through thursday--went and bought store brand of monistat 1 day--used it immediately after I got home. . . within 30 minutes was in intense pain as others....felt like I was on FIRE down there!!!!  UGH--I can't imagine it's supposed to feel that bad!!  Anyway--the ovule came out within an hour of inserting (thank goodness!), but still felt a lot of burning inside.  Now, 6 hours later, still feel a little discomfort - - am very swollen down there.  Just took benedryl--ate a cup of yogurt, since I've read that it helps.  Will NEVER use the 1-day product again--it scares me a little.  I think I'm going to just try to eat yogurt regularly --hoping that tomorrow is a better day.
I wish I would have read all this forums and pages before I went out and bought Monistat 1. What a terrible experience!.
I had gotten my first yeast infection and thought the 1 medicine day would be a simple quick fix, boy was I wrong. Not only did I experience the worse burning, itching pain (so bad I almost went to emergency) but almost two weeks later Im still having mild symptoms and praying my doctor can give me something that will take care of this quick!
This is to sensitive of an area to be in sooooo much pain.
I too am experiencing the same horrible itching/burning after using Monistat1. Man, I'd rather just have the yeast infection, it's so bad!

What I want to know is...after you ladies got the ovule out, or got the medicine out of your vagina, how soon did your pain go away, and did your yeast infection still clear up? I want to know, basically, does it still WORK??
I used Monistat 1 and did not have any issues.

I bought it on a Saturday and wasn't able to call my dr. but I called them today (Monday) and they said they do not recommend M1 ever because it normally doesn't work, but for me it did. Usually they recommend the 3-7 day ones because it works for most people.
I noticed burning on Thurs, then yeast-like symptoms Fri, bought M1 Sat and used it at night. Sunday I felt better and It is now Monday and it seems just about gone. It was raw Sat-Sunday and sensitive but I will give it a few more days to heal.

I read this thread Saturday and starting freaking out thinking I was going to have the same reactions as most posted here but I did not.

Technically, there are 160 comments since 2006 so there probably isn't a large majority of people having an issue with M1. Maybe these are just the people who are allergic.
Hi I need some suggestions or help i had always had vaginal infection and 2 months ago i went to my gyn and he prescribe me 2 pills for the yeast infection after 2 monthe i have it again i was test for std, i had my papsmear and even hiv test everything was negative but i keep on getting the infections im already frustrated and i dont know what to do i just bought monistat 7 days treatment hopefully it works but everytime i use something for the infection it go away but comes back in 1 month or 2. can someone help me please
Ive had a yeast infection diagnosed because I tried the monistat 3 day and symptoms got worse.  

so i took the pills from the doctors office and now finally feeling better after 4 days of this mess.  

Another thing to add to who ever has this problem.  If you have an irritated , red spot that hurts to touch etc.  Go buy an aquaphor.  Its a type of jelly for the external parts.  supposed to act like a barrier persay  to help with wiping and not hurt so much .  

Stay away from any fragrances, bubble bath, soaps,  the Eve products.  Just use water to clean yourself.  I have found to use a lubricant or water to moisten the dry parts.  hope this helps :)  
Always use a condom if you are unsure.  
I too am having the same issue as everyone else on this website.  I have used Monistat 1 day (cream) treatment before and never had any issues.  But I used the ovule for the first time this week......HUGE mistake.  I also used the "anti-itch" cream that came with it with no results.  In fact, the cream made it worse..... It burns rather than helps.  I also feel like the ovule is not working at all.  I'm still seeing a thick discharge.  This has never happened with the cream treatment.

Since I've never used the ovule before, I'd like to know how long would I need to wait to finally start seeing results?  Also, how long is the ovule supposed to "stay up there" before the medication takes its course?
Im actually experiencing the same thing right now. One thing that has helped me extremely is aloe vera. Not aloe vera cream but an actual aloe plant. I have one in my back yard and I cut off one of the leaves of the plant and cut into it and the applied the extract right onto the itchy areas and it helped instantly. I got the plant a while ago from Home Depot and it really is a life savor. It works on everything. Good luck.
Very important itching skin darkening are skin fungus that may not even had started with sex. People forget we have live micro bugs  that live on our skin and can grow large creating fungus dark spots,shapes lines on the skin. Let's be honest with ourselves and trully consider how much time is spent cleaning? Ex) some people don't shower everyday, others don't wash their hhands before using the bathroom. Now if your having itching burning infections fungus down their its better to be cleaned also by washing your hands before wiping down under you prevent less bacteria germs what not important to wash before and after and FYI to those who use antibacterial for washing do some research not a very good method remember although it may kill bacteria it does not mean the dead bacteria disappear it just doesn't do the job right at all it does not take much effort to wash your hands to rid yourself or minimize yourself from creating and feeding the creatures living on our skin. Hope this helped it helped me to be more aware of where and how much my hands and skin get exposed to. It's already impossible to rid most so clean up.
I have had most of these symptoms that are listed on this forum.I will tell you from my experience eating one yogurt a day is very helpful in helping yeast infections and prevention. The yogurt must contain live cultures to be of help. I have also tried Monistat with alot of the same burning that worsened after using it!! I finally tried Canesten in which, did cause burning to worsen at first..Aswell,burning while urinating. I tried Benadryl, as a pharmacist recommeneded for possible allergy. After all this, unlike Monistat Canesten finally gave me relief!! I hope this helps some of you. Its amazing how something such as a yeast infection can make you almost go crazy! It can make life a living hell!!
Ive been in the same situation and I suggest that you stay away from the monistat 1 day treatment. After I used  it my symptoms seemed to get worse. Overall all a yeast infection is a horrible experience, I would suggest using the monistat that last for a week, it immediately helps with some of the itching and by the end of the week, the white-clear flim should clear up and go back to normal. And the actual yeast should be gone before the week is over. I tried the medicine from the doctor, I felt better for a day then, it got worse. But I would definitely suggest the seven day treatment
I have been googling for two days and now after finding these posts I feel I can sleep sound tonight.  I wish I had found this early today before I bought the monostat 1 though.  After using it I thought for sure something was terribly wrong down there.  I'm so relieved to know that other people had the same thing happen.  I have just recently started having sex with a new bf and I thought I had an allergic reaction to the condomn.  Now I see that it was a yeast infection irritated.  It was awful everything completely swollen I have never experienced anything like it.  I have never had a YI either at 26 so reading that other women experienced YIs from certain partners is relieving and freaks me out at the same time.  Thank you ladies!  Good luck to all of us I can't wait for this to be over.
Oh how I wish i had read these posts before my purchase. I've been suffering from a YI for a few days, and in all of my 17 year old glory and impatience, decided that a 1day treatment would best suit me (so I could resume sex with my boyfriend for Valentine's day (tomorrow) of course)

I've purchased a generic 3day before and had no debilitating effect from it. Just a mild burning that was much less agony, and much more stinging.

Today however, i used the Monistat 1 and I am sitting on my couch at 12:30 AM wishing I would have made better decisions. My vaginal area is on FIRE. I am wiping blood frequently, and my vulva has swelled to 3 times it's original size. my skin is literally sloughing off me when I wipe, and the raw skin beneath it burns and bleeds.

The formula is much too strong, and the "itch and burn relieving cream" does no such thing, only further antagonizes the problem to be honest.

I'm HORRIFIED that this product is still for sale, and that these posts date back 2 years of women suffering from utilizing it. Monistat needs to recall their day1 formula as soon as possible, or at least make the possible side effects VERY clear. It isn't fair to women out there who are just trying to get back in the sack as fast as possible.

So sorry for all of your woes girls, and hopefully mine are reduced in a few days.....UGH.
Bellavita I am 10 years older than you and even worse than buying the one day, I had sex 24 hours later and burned the heck out of myself and my boyfriend on his birthday none-the-less! So I started getting the cream out with my finger in the shower that night and still had intense YI symptoms (now that I've read this had to be from the monistat because they were much worse than what I was feeling originally). I've been up all night because I waited a few days and had sex again just to find that it still burns with intercourse. The box says do not have intercourse while using this product. It needs to state how long that is! I thought 24 hours would be long enough but after reading this I just feel like a moron. I am thankful I got a really good amount of it out I can't imagine what condition I'd be in had I left it in there. I'm just hoping I don't have re-ocurring problems like the ladies above. Does anyone know if sex is not recommended for any reason other than passing the infection? I'm worried this medication can harm my uterus if intercourse pushed it past my cervix...
Hi everyone,
I don't recommend monistat (as someone who has struggle with recurrent yeast infections) I have found apple cider vinegar (the organic kind is best if you can afford it, but if not, at least make sure it's apple cider and not any other kind) mix it in a cup with half water and splash on you. It gives huge relief. I also insert a clove a garlic a day (for at least 3 days) what you do is "score" the clove with a knife, in a few places, so that the oil can come out. Leave it in for the day. Take it out before bed and do the suppositories called "Yeast Arrest" by Vitanica. You can get them at health food stores. These should be inserted nightly for 7 nights. You can do diflucan on top of these remedies. If you want something along with diflucan, I recommend these remedies INSTEAD of monistat.
Wow i just bought Monistat 1 and was getting ready to insert the ovule when i thought, "can i still use the rest room with this."I decided to look online when i foind this blog. Thank you ladies for posting and saving me from a huge mistake. Good luck with the law suit. Lots of love
I find the length of this post phenomenal. When the beginning of this post started was about the time I started having problems. Horrible uncontrollable itching, and most recently horrible burning. So for about six years I have been dealing with this. When it first started happening, I did not go and see anyone about it because I was too embarrassed. This past year I finally went to my Dr and they said it was dermatitis. That is the only answer I really got, and I found out I was positive for Herpes 1 (for those of you who do not know, 99% of people have Herpes 1. That would be the type where you can get cold sores in and around your mouth.) I just tried Monistat 1, and I am not noticing any relief from it. The creams do nothing but irritate me along with any type of wipe. My Dr. still has no idea what is going on, which really *****. Now, since I read most of these posts, eating Yogurt is good to do when you are taking antibiotics to help prevent a yeast infection because taking those types of drugs can attribute to yeast infection. I tried using milder soap/aveeno, and it did not help me. Nothing really helps but to ignore it as much as possible. I know you will not want to hear what I say next, Cut your fingernails and keep them trimmed. You will scratch while you are sleeping without knowing it. All day you fight that urge, and yet, you wind up scratching in your sleep. When you scratch, you are providing extra places for the bacteria to go and stay, and as your skin heals, that bacteria can stay in your skin. If you are at home and itching really badly, go hop in the shower or bath. If you have a separate shower head that detaches, use that right on the area. It at least helps while you are in the shower, and make sure to wipe all moisture off. Moisture, sweat, any tight underwear or clothing create problems and make them worse. I hope some of these tips help ease your symptoms. I wish I could give you the cure all, but I can't. Mine is not cured, and this is 6 or more years later after I started getting this crap. I am at the point where my sex life is virtually dead. On occasion, I suck it up and have sex, but I pay for it in the end. Good luck guys, I hope you all feel better.
Everytime I get an infection I never burn rarely itch and I took monistat 1 and it seemingly cured my infection I use ivory soap or baby magic on my vaginal area i often get infections due to my birth control& weak immune system you just have to see what your body can handle & everyone doesnt eat yogurt I heard you can insert yogurt or a small peice of garlic I'm not sure how true this is
True... The two of you are passing it back and forth..My Dr gave my Hubby the same pill he gave me. Havnt had any problems in 4 yrs
Ok I am really scared   I used monistant 1 for the first time ever! And it has been the most terrifying experience of my life. I use it about 2 days ago because I thought I had a yeast infection. I'm getting married and thought to myself I don't want to be having a yeast infection when I'm about to go on my honeymoon. We have not had sex so my fiancé has no idea this is happening to me. And it's quiet embarrassing. Ok so I used it during the night and woke up with a HORRIBLE burning down there I could not even sleep. I was so scared I was shaking. I read that it burned but I didn't expect it to be that bad. Well I thought it was doing its thing so I left it inside me. When I went to use the bathroom I saw that the cream had fallen off. Which to me was a good thing because I did not wan that to be inside of me after that horrible burning. After the next 2 days I started bleeding. It's been the 2rd day and I'm still heavy bleeding. Even worse then when I'm on my period. I'm really scared and I dont know what to do. And I'm almost getting married :( has anyone else passed through this and what happened??? Did it get better or worse. Should I really be worried???? Because I am!
I have had a reouccuring yeast and or bacterial infections since 2009. So for about three years i have had problems. I hate using over the counter items such as monostat. I have noticed that birth contorl pills, and the nuvia ring throw me off balance. The only thing that really work for me is having a completely healthy diet with yogurt every single day. Latley i have not been eating correctly and had a really bad yeast infection. I am tired of always going to the doctor. I research for naural remidies and there is lots of pills and herbal suppliments that have live cultures in them at GNC. Also garlic really helps with fighting bad bacteria as well. I do think that when i get the prosciptions from the doctor it does help and is the best thing for me. I really dont understamd but every time i change anything down there the yeast infections comes back. Anything to do with condoms, lube, birthcontrol pills, douche, diet, and anything else could upset me. Also it starts to really affect me phyiscally, I get very light headed, dizy, and tired when my yeast infections are bad. So far i have had a bad yeast infection for a week now and took the one day monostat three days ago. My sysmtoms seemed to have gone away the very next day and today my discharge seems to have stopped as well. For the next week and a half i plan to east lots of yogurt, keep the area clean only using special washes, and making sure that my clothes are loose fitting and that area can breathe well, only wear white cotton under ware also. No thongs! I figure if i really dont want to deal with this i will have to keep fighting the yeast until its all gone. Maybe then i can be worry free and less embarassed.
I used the 1 day treatment too and the next day my period started.  I'm 52 years old and haven't had a period for approx 1 year.  I noticed that the string from my tampon was irritating me, so I just went to wearing a pad for a few days.  Then I became aware of this burning pain so bad that I too was taking a mirror & flashlight to examine the area.  I noticed that everything looked swollen and there were a few areas that even bled a little.  I researched the internet and thought I had a bartholin cyst.  I haven't had sex for a couple of years, so didn't think it could be anything from that.  Finally, I got in to see my doctor and she noticed some sores that made her think that it could be Herpes.  I've never had Herpes before and this started right after using this product.  I'm waiting for the lab results and taking medicine for Herpes, it's been 14 days of pain, especially while sitting.  I can't believe Monistat 1 is still on the market!!!  I think this product has given me blisters basically like a chemical burn. These posts go back 6 years of women suffering!!!!!  I had not seen these comments before going to the doctor and I didn't tell her that I had used this product, I will tell her now.
I had an yeast infection before I even tried sticking galic up there nothing worked, so I went to my OBGYN and was given FLUCONAZOLE TABLET 150mg only 1 is needed and that solved the problem completely in the first day I saw change totally recommend this pill
the exact same thing happened to me! i believe today is day 3 and after using monistat 1 and going to bed i woke up and my itching was gone but EXACTLY what you said, theres this hott burning sensation and it sometimes still hurts when i urinate, i got nervous because it didn't make sense to me why i was still feeling like this, i don't want to go to the doctor, i dont have the money right now or the time. do you think if I went out and bought monistat 7 or 3 it would fix everything?
I took a 1 day treatment and its been 3 days and that was no help..can I go ahead and do the 7 day treatment?? Or should I wait longer
Also had a problem with Monistat 1.  They need to be sued.  That stuff is terrible.  I had a regular old text book yeast infection.  Now I have this occasional strange odor that smells like medicine.  I don't think its BV because it doesn't smell like body odor.  It actually smells like the Monistat cream.  I'm thinking about doing a warm water douche and just eating yogurt and acidophilus pills to balance everything out.  That Monistat 1 is horrible! It's total overkill!   I just needed a cure for a simple yeast infection.  I didn't want to nuke my vagina.  Has anyone noticed a similar medicine like odor?  It's been 2 weeks since i took it.  I think the medicine might still be up there.  I hope to not make anything worst by douching.  The only symptom is the white discharge.  Is it possible that that could be leftover cream after 2 weeks??
Sorry to all the ladies on here! :( Just came back to post that there is hope. Like many of the commenters I tried the "quick fix" of monistat 1 (the ovule pill looking thing) and it led to 2 months of misery!! I had to go to urgent care 5 times, pay co-pays get taken through the ringer by drs insinuating I probably had an STD... tests kept coming back with yeast. It got so bad I got a rash on my back side :( I went to see an urgent care Dr. again.. this time I crossed paths with a kind soul! A young, new Dr who refused to tell me "just live with it" like I'd been hearing or .. its all in your head (I mean, how can rashes be in your head?) He gave me 3 weeks worth of diflucan, a clotrimazole cream with anti-itching powder mixed in (kinda pricey even with insurance like $30) AND the 7 day tricomanozole (pretty sure thats misspelled). Anyhow he said I seemed to have caught some rampant form of yeast and said if this doesnt kill it we'll have to submit you to the guinness book of records!

I left his office, daring to hope. I was going to be married in 3 weeks! Try explaining to your new husband that there will be no monkey business =( I followed the treatment to the T... and lo and behold... by week 2... it was gone! Just like it came... I took the remaining week of diflucan to be on the safe side and by my wedding day I was 'good to go' so to speak! Sorry for the TMI. I was just happy to feel like myself again. It did take almost a month to get my s3x drive back because I felt so traumatized and a couple of months to not feel like even the SLIGHTEST tingle down there, even from my underwear tugging on my skin, would send me in to a panic.

Anyhow the point of my story is.. dont give up! Insist on a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th opinion until you get answers... Just wanted to offer some hope that you can be "back to normal" again... Also, I wish there was someway I could warn ALL women that monistat 1 is sheer evil!!!!!!! :( . It ruined a goo 3-4 months of my life and almost ruines my honeymoon :(
Of course I purchased Monostat 1 before reading all this.  I decided to try it anyway.  I inserted the Monostat on a Thursday at 11:00 am. I had a little burning (more like an icy hot feeling) through out the day. It was not constant.  Around 9:00 pm that evening the burning was gone.  I used the Monostat on the first day I noticed the symptoms of my yeast infection. Maybe it depends on the severity of the yeast infection  I would use it again.
I also used Monistat 1 prior to finding this site.  I experienced hardly bearable burning and itching inside.  And I was riding a motorcycle during a hot day which just exacerbated the sensation.  It was horrible.  So I took diflucan last Thursday night and used the Monistat 1 on a Friday evening.  Saturday was awful.  Started taking probiotics on Sunday as well as a vaginal suppository on the same day.  It's much better but still not right.  I have two more scrips for Diflucan and just bought a 7 day Monistat.  (Never using the Monistat 1 ever again!).  Now, I'm not sure what to do.  Take another Diflucan?   Start the Monistat 7?  Both?  Neither?  
Have anyone experienced the white cottage cheese discharge after an orgasm.  Waited a week after using monistat .... please tell me something bc that was embarrassing to see it on my mate after sex.
Your BF may have it without symptoms, and you are passing it back and forth. You should both take a dose of the antifungal meds at the same time.
Just last week I used the monostat 1 and got the worst chemical burn, have been off work for a week and may possibly lose my job as I am still unable to return to work due to the damage done.  With all the horrible reactions I am learning women are having to this product why is it still on the shelves?!!  I have been miserable for over a week now, there are so many cuts and tears that is how badly the burn is. The inflammation and pain on some days is unbearable.
You should make sure that your partners are treated because they can harbor the yeast infection and reintroduce it to you later.  Good luck.  

Been there done that

Been there done that
NEVER USING MONISTAT EVER AGAIN.
A few nights ago I forgot to shower after having sex, and the water based lubricant sat inside me until noon the next day. I started noticing itching that night, however I dismissed it. The itching got worse, and eventually a burning sensation, swollen labia, and a cottage cheese-like discharge was thrown into the mix. Something was up, and I googled the symptoms; I had my first yeast infection. I had read that garlic could be inserted into the vagina to cure it, so I tried. After a few hours, no results. So I tried Monistat 1... horrible decision. Last night I couldnt sleep to save my life! The symptoms were magnified by 12,000, and the liquid was leaking all over my bed. I actually started crying, which I dont do often, because the pain and discomfort was so intense. This morning I went to the doctor, and he prescribed me Fluconazole pills and Clotrimazole-Betamethasone Dipropionate cream. It's only been 4 hours AND I ALREADY FEEL 85% BETTER!!
So please, skip the over the counter treatments.. Go see your doctor.
Hi, I am 16 years old and got my first yeast infection last week. It took me awhile to ask my mom about what was wrong with me for around 5 days, because i was so nervous. She went to a drug store and bought me monistat1. The burning and itching feeling is pretty much gone but I am still really nervous because I am VERY swollen and red still, will that go away over  time? (I only started monistat 1 day ago)
def tell ur mom shes had one and shell know what to do
I've used Monistat for years, but this time I had a bad reaction.  I felt as if I were on fire after a few days.  I went to my OBGYN and got her nurse practitioner.  She said to NOT use any form of Monistat. She said  It has alcohol in it and actually burns the skin plus may cause an allergic reaction.   She told me to use an ice-pack and to take Benedryl, plus she gave me pills to use for the yeast.  I don't know if they've changed the ingredients.  I was in so much pain, I'll never use it again. I've tried to look up where it's made and if the ingredients have been changed but haven't found that yet.
I promise is the med!!!!! It clearly sais in the package that it will cause increase in burning sensation plus our vagina ladies is a self cleaning oven let the thing do its work . It takes several days in our systems because it's the reimagining of whatever the system didn't absorbed . In my opinion it works but is best to go to the Dr she or He will give you oral flunoconazol better known as the pink oral pill and it works the best plus it will not give you the nasty after discharge of the cream remaining in there.
Did you ever get an answer to this? I feel like mine oozed out within 3 hours
Hi I'm having very bad itching and burning around my vaginal and the crest of my thigh but not inside just around at the moment I have no bumps and no discharged  I used monistat ainti cream and it burn like hell can anyone help me out
Your skin has seven layers - 5 layers of epidermis and 2 layers of dermis.  Your vagina is made of Stratified squamous epithelium just like the skin.  It takes 28 days to shed all 7 seven layers.  When you get a yeast infection it incorporates all seven layers.  Therefore, you need to take 1 diflucan every 7 days for 4 weeks - a total of 4 pills. This is what my gynecologist said when he prescribed for me.  It works.  For burning and itching i would recommend the vinegar douche.
I am 35 and have only had one yeast infection before this current one. For the first one, I was given the diflucan pill. I caught my current yeast infection early and decided to use monistat 1 day since it was after hours and I didn't want to wait until the morning to call my doctor. I should have waited. It's been 48 hours since I inserted the ovule and it has been hell. It's a tolerable burning but after 48 hours it starts to wear on you. My vulva is red and swollen, I'm starting to get sores from the chemicals burning me, and now I'm started to have a light bloody discharge. This stuff is burning my skin! I called my gyno and they said it's an allergic reaction and they called me in some diflucan. I hope it helps. This stuff doesn't seem safe. I even pulled out my NuvaRing so I could clean it and try to get the remaining cream out of me. It left a film on my NuvaRing so who knows how long it will take to fully get out of my vagina. This product needs to be pulled from the shelves.
Does anyone actually have a good answer for how we GET RID OF THIS TERRIBLE CHEMICAL BURN for good, down there????? Id like to have great sex again in this lifetime and I feel like I might just be doomed because I couldn't possibly enjoy anything feeling like this! It's absolutely horrible .... My poor lil vagina! ..... Halp!

I am going to take luke warm baking soda baths and coconut oil
Do you think Benedryl will help ? Maybe start taking it at night or something........ What else has helped????!
Viewing 201-211 comments:
KTowne, and Des_a_rae commented on Des_a_rae's status
21 mins ago
hushush commented on HIV - Risks vs Non-Ri...
TTC2006 commented on photo
Jun 25
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals