Yeast Infection That Won't Go AWAY!
Okay ladies.  What should I do?  Got a yeast infection on 3/10.  Did a Monistat 1 Day.  Didn't work.  Went to Dr. on 3/16.  He gave me a 3 Day prescription treatment of Terazol plus an antifungal cream to use on the outside.  Finished that on 3/18.  It's back today, probably just as bad.  What's the deal?  Why?  Any ideas?
Are you having sex at all during this time?  If you have a partner you can pass it back & forth.  Id call ur doctor & see what they say.
No ping ponging, haven't had sex with DH since I knew I had it, which he is not so happy about.  The last day of treatment was Saturday, today is Wednesday so it's not the cream.  Besides, I walked around the lake at lunch today and the itching/burning came back with the thick white discharge.  The doc gave me a refill for another of the 3 day treatment, do you think it will work the second time around?
sounds like its coming back..you're right. honestly, i really feel you should just go with the 7 day. i don't think the 3 day is enough to clear it up once and for all. is your period due?
Yes, probably.  If it's time for the new moon, then it is.  That's how I know because I've had an endometrial ablation and don't have periods any longer, but I still have all the signs/symptoms, just no bleeding.
ohhh, okay. the full moon can trigger my periods too. anyway, if i were you, i'd go with the 7 day treatment. i also don't know what your diet is like but it may be time to research food that helps to keep yeast infections at bay.
sounds like you are now the proud mama of recurrring yeast infections. lucky you! blah! i have heard many times that the 1 day cream inserts and even the 3 day are not effective. i have also heard the pill is not effective. the 7 day cream inserts seem to work the best. are you sure that you and your guy are not ping ponging it to each other during sex?
also, when was the last time you treated the infection? could  it be the cream leaking out and you think it's discharge?
i may try the 7 day cream. are you due for your period soon? sometimes you can get one when it's coming.
Recurrent or chronic yeast infections are becoming more common. Some scientist think its the ease of self diagnosis and treatment with the shorter duration otc medications.

There is hope for treatment, if not at least management of the infection.  Your doctor needs to get a decent sample of the yeast so it can be sent to a lab for typing and drug susceptibilities. This, hopefully will lead you in the right direction of which medication to use.

If you are one of the growing numbers of women with a drug resistant subspecies of yeast, that's where things get tricky. These critters can be treated with boric acid supositories @ 600mg/day. These are used for either 2wks, 4 wks or if the infection still comes back, then you try them for 6 months. During the 6 month period, once all the symptoms are gone, you try to wean your body off of them, going from skipping one day, to 2 and so on.

The idea behind this is to try and let the local vaginal immune system return to normal.  Letting it fully heal first to see if it can handle the regrowth of the yeast.

The latest thinking is also that diet and bc do not really play any large effect upon infection.  Also, there have been a few studies done that compared the yeast colonies on partners. There was no direct link to sexual transmission of yeast. Yeast is in our environment and in and on our bodies. Why our body stops being able to defend itself is still unkown.

Maybe ask your doctor for a referral to a clinic that deals  with this kind of infection. You need to talk with somebody that has a lot more knowledge on chronic yeast infections.

Good luck.
hi.. ask your doctor for the diflucan pill. i got for the first time last month a yeast infection and it went away with one oral pill.(no cream to insert) but my doctor did tell me that sometimes one treatment is not enough, so maybe the other person is right and you need a longer 7 days treatment. do you eat yogurt? my gyn told me that i should eat plenty of yogurt because the active bacteria in it helps to balance out the ones we have in the vagina that are missing during a yeast infection.. sounds weird but i've read in a lot of website(after i got freaked out with my first infection) that some women use plain yogurt as a treatment. hope this helps..
Hi everyone, I just wanted to comment that plain yogurt that does not contain live active cultures and has sugar, which is what most people are eating these days, will NOT help but make a yeast infection worse.  You must look for the key words live active cultures and look for a low sugar option.  

thanks!
Hi Debbi, i have ben having yeast infection for the past 6mo. i'm frustrated, just found this and want to try  Pau D'arco.  i've been on diflucan for these 6mo and its not helping!  where did you buy yours and did it completely clear your infection?
For those of you who have tried evrything and nothing is working, ecspecially if you have been taking probiotics and putting them up there after tons of research i found out that you can have too much good bacteria which also gives you the cottage cheese currdles and wont go away with regular yeast infec treatments! LACTOBACILLOSIS AND CYTOLYTIC VAGINOSIS! PLEASE LOOK INTO THIS.

http://nurse-practitioners-and-physician-assistants.advanceweb.com/Article/Cytolytic-Vaginosis-And-Lactobacillosis.aspx
hi, i took the diffuicaln or however you spell it pill, but i only took it once, my period is coming up, im 15 this is my 1st one, i ate alot of yogurt and drank lots of cranberry juice, but it seems that it is not working, and i have my period coming up, i need help fast!
I've had a yeast infection for over a year now. I've tried diflucan & terazol 7. It just won't go away. I don't have any discharge. Only burning & inflammation.  My doc gave me terazol 7 again & I'm also taking yogurt pills every day. This is so frustrating. I never used to get yeast infections. This all started when I started taking hormone pills & hormone injections. Anyone have this problem?
I been having the same problem for a year and a half now. I started getting yeast infections after i had took birth control pills i no longer use them and yet i still get them. I've tried changing my soap, detergent, to the type of panties that i wear and it doesn't make a difference i still get them. I've used the pill and the cream it was clearing it up but it didn't last for long they would come right back. Now the yeast infection isn't responding to any type of treatment. I need help getting rid of these yeast infections they are very annoying.
I have been on many antibiotics in the last 2 months,  after I was half way through the 4 th one for a uti, I got a yeast infection, never had one before this. I tried the one day OTC insert, than after that didn't work I went to the doctor and they gave me the one treatment pill, but also gave me a refill just in case, well here I am been taking my probiotics daily for a week thinking I was through with this, but today I started getting the thick discharge again, I'm so irritated right now, now after 2 days with no symptoms I was intimate with my husband, I'm hoping he didn't get it and now I have to worry about treating him. I have a obgyn apt in a couple weeks. Is there more to this?
Please try salt and water it works like magic. you will see results the second day. mix iodize salt in a cup with wam water put it in a empty douche bottle. douche three times a day for two days you will see the awesome result. you can continue to repeat if its not clear up after the second day
Please try salt and water it works like magic. you will see results the second day. mix iodize salt in a cup with wam water put it in a empty douche bottle. douche three times a day for two days you will see the
e awesome result. you can continue to repeat if its not clear up after the second day
I have found that when nothing else works you can use something called yeastgard and no matter how strong the infection it will take it away in a day. Best part is that its homeopathic so Its all natural. This medicine is my life saver as I'm prone to yeast infections.