Yeast Infection Treatment/Antibiotics

A community for people with Women's Health-related concerns. Ask a question, join a conversation, share experiences.

Yeast Infection Treatment/Antibiotics

I've noticed that after about 2 or 3 days of being on some antibiotics, I'm begining to develop a yeast infection.  Luckily I noticed it early so its not all that bad right now, plus I already have an over the counter treatment but here is the problem - I still have about 7 days left on the antibiotics which everyone knows, I need to finish taking.

If I treat the yeast infection while still on the antibiotics, will it be effective or do I need to wait until the medicine is done (and the infection is worse) and THEN treat it?
I woudl start treating it now and if it recurs, then treat it again. No sense in be uncomfortable, right?

Andi
Avatar n tn
Good point...thanks. :)
Avatar n tn
hi, i got my first yeast infection (how exiting) a few months ago after my doctor prescribed antibiotics for a bronchitis.. i went to see him 2 days later with symptoms of a yeast infection he actually told me that its VERY common to get this while taking antibiotics.. i was prescribed 1 oral pill called diflucan, i had the same reaction and told my doctor if i take this pill now what happens to the rest of my antibiotic???
he told me that this pill works in the system for a couple of days. but also he told me to eat plenty of yogurt becaude it has active bacteria in it that we need mostly when we have a yeast infection because often a yeast infection starts because the antibiotics destroy bacteria that we need in the vagina..
i even spoke to my obgyn about this and she told me its true.. well hope this advice can help you
Avatar n tn
You can read from my previous question that this is something that I have been fighting for years.

I have gotten to where if I need a prescription for antibiotics for anything, I automatically get my doctor to write me a prescription for that pill to cure yeast infections. I ALWAYS KNOW that I will end up with a yeast infection -- without a doubt!

Don't wait -- start treating yourself now, it will only get worse if you don't. Good luck!
how can i get out of this yeast infection? Its been 4 years now and its painful
pb95, and Des_a_rae commented on Risa615's status
1 hr ago
pb95 commented on KeeLolo's status
1 hr ago
KTowne commented on KTowne's status
Menstrual Tracker
Track your cycles
Reach your weight goals