Yeast Infection caused by sex during period?
The past two months I have gotten a yeast infection after my period. Both times I had sex while on my period and was wondering if that could potentially be the cause of it. The first time I used Monistat and it worked. This time the symptoms are not nearly as bad, but it is still annoying to have two months in a row. Also, I have had a cold for the past week or so and was wondering if maybe that could be a factor. I am a 22 year old female with no previous health issues.
During cold, immunity levels are low and hence fungal or yeast infections can occur. Various reasons for recurrent or persistent fungal infection are incomplete treatment, treatment resistance, co-existing dermatitis, diabetes and low immunity. Treatment resistance can be overcome by applying a cream with a combination of antifungals (Clotrimazole 1%, Miconazole nitrate 2%, Tolnaftate 1% and Butenafine hydrochloride 1%) or using oral antifungals under a doctor’s guidance. You should get it evaluated from a doctor and get your blood sugar levels checked.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.