Yeast infection that won't go away.....or something else????
Ok ladies, I need some serious help/advice.  About 2 months ago I had this terrible itchy feeling in and outside my vagina that I thought was a yeast infection.  I couldn't get into the doctor right away so I took Monistat 3.  For some reason I didn't use the 3rd night but felt fine after a few days and my symptoms were gone for a few weeks.  Then it came back, just much less severe but won't go away.  There is hardly any discomfort on the outside only a tiny bit of burning every once and while.  It's a very subtle itch up inside that comes and goes and seems to come on later on in the day.  I have been to the doctor several times and at first she said she didn't see anything.  But when I still had the feeling she took a sample, saw a little bit of yeast,gave me a Diflucan pill, which seemed to work but then the symptoms came back a week later and I decided to try another dosage of Monistat 3.  During this I got a UTI and went in to get antibiotics for it, which cleared it up.  However, I still had the itch and again, went back to the doctor.  She took another sample and didn't see any yeast but saw some white blood cells which indicates an infection and gave me the Terazole cream to treat different strains of the yeast.  I took it all and it hasn't seemed to change anything.  I have been tested for everything else (STD's and BV) and everything is negative along with a normal pap.  I'm not on the pill, other antibiotics and don't douche or use scented tampons, pads, etc...any ideas on different treatments or what else it could be?  I'm starting to go crazy!...
Has anyone considered Herpes? It wont show up on a smear test unless the virus is active, meaning open sores. but you can still get itching burning and tingling without any sores or blisters, which is called 'shedding'  where the virus is just under the skin, but not breaking through. The burning and itching can last for 2 weeks at a time, can attack anytime, and is often brought on by stress, poor diet and changes in hormones such as a having a period or pregnancy.
  Are you still taking the Pro-biotics and the Pau d Arco?  Are you still well?  It seems like it took about 1 month on the above stuff for you to get better, is that right?  I have had this chronic yeast thing for 7mos. now and am desperate to get better before summer.  Please get back to me asap.  Thanks so much.  

Smitty906
I have been suffering from recurrent yeast infections for nearly 4 years now. It started about a month after broad spectrun antibiotic treatment for a cough - I wish I'd left the cough alone now! I have tried all sorts of treatments myself, including Canisten creams, pessaries and oral pills. I have drunk gallons of cranberry and pomegranate juice with no benefit.  I tried three lac for 4 months (it made no difference) and I have just stopped taking Candidol after 5 months (it made no difference whatsoever - apart from leaving a big hole in my bank balance).
I'm currently trying lactobacillus capsules both orally and vaginally. I  find that douching with a salt water solution helps to relieve the itching and soreness. Thanks for tip about Pau d'Arco - I'll try that next!    
I don't know how Airbear is getting on, but I started taking Pau D'Arco about 2 weeks ago, after reading her posting. Already my symptoms are improving and I'm very hopeful this will at last prove to be the cure. I'll keep you posted .....
Thank you so much for letting me know about how you are doing on the Pau D'Arco!  I have been going back and forth on using it or trying Threelac but hearing from you has given me hope so I will start it tomorrow.  I hope it keeps working for you and I'll let you know how I'm doing soon.  Take Care!

Smitty906
I was just wondering a few things?  What kind of Pau D'Arco have you been using?  I just read something that says that the safest form is the one where the whole bark is used but the one I have been using says inner bark on the label?  How long are you going to stay on this and is it continuing to work for you? If you could let me know, because I am very new to the herbal thing and getting a little paranoid.  Thanks!
Hi Smitty. I'm not sure what type it is but I bought it from here http://www.*********************************, I've also heard that the Riohealth supplements are reliable. I have been taking 2 capsules, twice a day orally. I also used one as a pessary (not sure if you are supposed to!), but it seemed to finish off the last remaining traces of thrush. It's nearly a week now since my symptoms cleared up completely.  I still get a slight itch every now and then but it so far it hasn't led back to thrush. I'm going to keep taking the Pau D'arco for several months to come just to ensure it doesn't come back.  At £7.99 per pot of 100 capsules, I think it's a good value insurance policy. I hope you have the same success I have had.
I feel you.  I have been having chronic yeast infections for years.  I now have medical bills that I will never be able to pay in my entire lifeime due to YEAST.  I have been dealing with this for about 5 years.  I swear i go to the doctor/OBGYN once a month thinking that maybe magically something will help my uncomfortable vaginal area.  I swear if I find a cure I may have to go on Opera or something to let others like yourself save $ and have a normal sex life and restore comfort that we once took for granted.  I've research so long trying to find a cure for this that I could walk into a Medical College and pass the exam to become an OBGYN (so it feels).  I have seen at least 10 different doctors etc.  I have been tested for everything you could possibly think of STD wise.  Everything came back normal time and time again.  What I have found to work for me for the longest is have your OBGYN "Paint" your insides with Genitian Violet Tinicure...starting at the cervix and painitng all the way down and out to the labia, they must also turn the speculum to get the areas that held you open.  This is a natural way of doing things.  It helps treat Chronic BV and Yeast.  Have you been tested for Diabetis. Chronic YI are side effects of Diabetis...Get that tested.  (i did my tests were normal, prepare to fast).  Also one time I went to the Urgent Care due to the pain being so unbearable and the doctor gave me a script for Lamisil.  Lamisil is use to treat fungus that grows under the nails in the nail bed.  This worked for me the last time I tried it I was YI free for about a year.  Then the cycle begain again this past summer.  I forgot to mention to you that I am also allergic to Diflucan and anything in that family of drugs...so no monistat 7 or over the counter creams help me.  So my research has been in depth.  I am so sick of hearing doctors say well Amie just eat some yogurt and you'll be fine.  NO I WON'T!  Gosh it it really frustrating.  Anyway like I was saying before the Lamisil seemed to work.  Just so you  know you have to have your liver enzymes checked before treatment to make sure your liver can handle it.  You will definately have to weight out the risks.  My personal opinion as to what this drug does (when using it to treat YI) is gets all the fungus that has spored and embedded itself into fat tissues and kills it.  You would have to kill the spores as well as the yeast because the gestation for yeast spores is something like 6-14 days (don't quote me on that) its been awhile since I last checked on that fact.  you can look it up tho.  That would explain why everyone feel better for a little while and then the yeast comes back because the spores begin to grow again creating another full blown infection.  I could go on forever...if you wish to discuss further you can email me at ***@**** and title the email YEAST ADVICE.  just a reminder I am not a doctor just a 28 year old female that has been dealing with this for too long and has tried everything.
Did you ever figure out a solution?! I Literally can relate to every single word you said.
I forgot to mention that I went to the dr. today to get another script for lamisil (I got the generic form)  it is the pill form take for about 7 days.  I am going to see if taking this in conjunction to violet tinicure painting sessions and maybe again when spores would again begin to grow to see if I can kill off all the yeast spores in continuation with my no carb diet and low sugar diet if it works!  Everyone keep your fingers crossed and pray that it works.  Why wouldn't it.  I also forgot to mention what Genitian Violet tinicure is it is a topical antiseptic and anti-fungal herbal topical solution.  hence why it helps treat BV and Yeast.  It is VIOLET and will stain anything it touches so wear a panty liner and old underwear.  Also I have heard that wearing white underwear as opposed to a colored underwear helps.  Makes sense...no dye to irritate the vaginal area.
I am having a horrible time with this.  Since Jan I have had 1) cottage cheese-like discharge and 2) vaginal odor.  No itaching, burning or other discomfort. No STD's.  I have tried 3 topical meds, difulcan (4 treatments) and now Flagyl to no avail.  The last test indicated no yeast but a minor amount of bacteria, but this clearly looks like a yeast infection.  I am not in a sexual relationship (but would desperately like to be and this is ruining my sex life.)  Is there a "specialist" in OBGYN I should see?
I have been taking Pau D'Arco since the end of Jan and I am completely thrush free now, and have been since the beginning of Feb. If you have tried everything else, please, please give it a try. It is a natural product made from tree bark and it has been a miracle cure to me after years of suffering from Candida. Please don't waste your money on advertised yeast cures, as they don't seem to work. Pau D'Arco is cheap to buy and works really quickly (2 weeks). If you want more proof, just read through the postings on this forum - you'll notice that everyone who tries Pau D'Arco stops posting after a couple of weeks of trying it!    
Has anyone had YI associated with bikini waxes?  I've been getting Brazilian waxes (where they remove hair completely from the genital area) for about 5 years now, and am wondering if that has had anything to do with my reoccuring infections.  
Hi, I am very interested in the Pau D'Arco treatment. Where can I find a reputable seller of this herb. I tried GNC online and they do not have it listed on their site. Do I have to go into the retail store??

I too have suffered for almost 4 years now...I tried creams, pills, acidophillus, garlic, yogurt, Gynatren all have failed. I've seen my Dr. numerous times along with a naturopath and a OB/GYN.

Thank you kindly.
I've been suffering from YI symptoms for the past 2 moths. A month previous to that I had my yearly pap and it came back possitive for BV. I have been sexually UNactive for the past 3 years. I am wondering if BV can mask itself as a YI? Some of the symptoms seems similar. So far just itching and a slight milk like discharge, but BV includes others as well. I was treated with Metagel for BV but I didn't have any symptoms at the time. I am heading back to the doctors today and I feel much more prepared thanks to this post! I am off to google specialists in my area. I hope it'll be a last result. Thank you to everyone who has posted! You've been most helpful!
I have had a yeast infection for around half a year now and it will not go away i tried some pill that made me throw up so the doctor just told me to take these pills from cvs that are really made to prevent yeast infections , and i thought my yeast infection was gone but it game right back after me taking the pills everyday for two months I dont want to have to take those pills everyday though because of this there must be a solution ? im young , only 16 so im scared to go to certain doctors you know but if i have to i mean ill do it. I am not sexually active btw.

I am however on a medication called doxycycline and before that was on minocycline i have been told that due to taking those i am more prone to infectiosn and have been sick often so im thinking it may be a combination of the medicine and the yeast infection

what should i do?
I had a yeast infection over a month ago that went away right away with one dose of difflucan.  Then, 2 weeks later it came back and this time I tried to difflucan.... twice... and tried monistat 1... after all this the internal itch is gone but there is a persistant external itch!!  My doctor told me to use hydrocortisone cream mixed with canesten external cream... i've been using that for weeks (and am now using nothing hoping it will go away by itself).  Has anybody ever had trouble getting rid of an external itch?   I can even feel it when I'm walking around, it seems as though my clothes are irritating the problem (Even though their really lose!! and 100% cotton!!!)  I'm not sure what to do!!

ps- I  am not sexually active ...........
I have the same symptoms as you eg: cottage cheese like discharge and odour. have you come to any conclusions yet?
TO ANYONE WHO HAS HAD CHRONIC OR RECURRING YEAST INFECTIONS:

I have had a yeast infection for the past 3 months... I tried everything. All the prescriptions, every Monistat, yogurt, garlic, probiotic supplements, cutting out carbs... nothing worked. I finally am seeing some improvement with BORIC ACID SUPPOSITORIES. Apparently you do not need a prescription to get them.. you can fill them yourself somehow or get them at a pharmacy. I had a nurse practitioner call a pharmacy for me and order them. My instructions are to insert 1 suppository for 14 nights, and then for 2 weeks after that insert 1 suppository 3X a week. It has been one week since I started and it seems that the yeast is almost gone. I think the last week will definitely take care of it, and then the 2 weeks after will prevent it from coming back. (Knock on wood!) If you haven't tried this yet, I highly recommend it. It was MUCH less irritating than any Monistat, and also less messy. The first night I had watery discharge (wear a pad), but now there is only some discharge in the morning when I first stand up, and then hardly any throughout the day. I'm fine wearing only a panty liner. I feel like there might be a little irritation from the suppository, but it's hardly noticeable.

Good luck to everyone! I hope you find relief as well!
Did any of you ladies think about vulvodynia it has some of the same reactions very hard to get rid of .Well there is no cure you just have to try and control the out breaks which is very difficult to do! I have been suffering with this for about 10yrs now,and I have high oxcolate in the food you eat can cause it to flare up more.Look up on the enternet the vulvar pain foundation they will give you the foods you should stay away from.also be careful the laudry soap and body soap you use it can make a huge difference! And stress is really bad so try to cut down on stress in your life.OH and no tight clothing that will really start it up well thats about all i have to say for now I really hope it helps you.rily
I'm pregnant with my third child and have been having a yeast infection for a month and a half.  It's driving me crazy.  I tried a generic monistat 3 day treatment and it didn't work.  My OB has prescribed me medicine twice already and it hasn't helped too much.  My question is, I've been too sore to have sex most days but my husband and I have had sex probably four or five times in the last month and a half.  I didn't know I could pass it to him and then he'd give it back to me.  How do we know if he has the yeast infection?  And if he does have it how do we get rid of it?  I'm so tired of being sore-  PLEASE help!!!
Hi I'm with princesscamy on her post. Often times the itching may seem like it's yeast when it's really bacterial. Eating the wrong foods cause yeast. I have had this ongoing curse for the past 8 years. often times I have gone to the doctor and they do not see anything which is extremely frustrating to me, because I feel really sick. Once in a while they will see something and give me antibiotics, which of course causes yeast.
I cannot eat ANYTHING that has sugar in it. Not even natural. No fruits, no carrots, no carbohydrates, nothing processed. I have become label reading crazy. I cannot eat anything that has 1 gram of sugar in it. I've also learned from reading books on yeast that it lives in your digestive system. I literally go crazy because when the yeast comes I feel it coming out of my skin, fingers and toes. My scalp gets super dry and super flakey and my face gets really bad Rosecea I literally want to jump out of my skin. I can only eat meats, salads (with no dressings) and vegetables (that don't natually have sugar in them like squash) I've been taking Oil of Oregano because I heard that natually kills fungus and parasites. They had also recommended I take Grapeseed Extract to kill the bacteria but it causes out of control yeast in me. So I stopped. I noticed that the Oil of Oregano also causes me yeast but it's not as bad as the Grapeseed Extract.

I was also overdosing on Acidopholus and it was a great way to keep the bacteria and yeast controlled but it does not make it go away. Also I have found that I'm allergic to it. So that doesn't help. It's supposed to help you digest better but it really constipates me and causes all my glands to hurt, from my legs to my underarms, to my neck glands. Because I get constipated it makes me nauceas all the time.

I'm still super duper frustrated because it does not let me live a normal life. I cannot enjoy sex, or socialize with friends as I cannot eat or drink anything.
I will try the Pau de Arco to see if that helps, because the only times that it has gone away for a few months is when the doctor has prescribed 2000 miligrams of Metronizadole/Flagyl and even then it comes back. This treatment is for Trichamoniasis. Although I have not had Trichamoniasis this has been the best treatment I have found so far. But the metalic taste in the mouth last for days and it makes me super sick.

When doctors have not been able to see anything under the microscope I have turned to holistic healing. I found Theta Healing has worked the best and the fastest. Sometimes Instantly. But it got expensive and I stopped clearing and it came back. What I've come to learn is that guilt causes bacteria and resentments cause yeast. I'm very emotional so I internalize a lot of strong emotions. I'm curious to know if any other women have paid attention to their emotions and have noticed any recurring emotions right before their most uncomfortable times???

Also if there are any doctors or naturopaths that would like to shed any light on this. I know my case is extreme but I want to feel good again myself.
Did you ever get it solved? If so, how?? Somewhat going through the same thing
I meant to address the first girl who posted on this forum, emsuc, in my above post. :)
What if I told all of you I may have a natural cure for a yeast infection that doesn't want to go away. I haven't tried it myself yet but I am seriously considering it. The remedey has been passed down through my family from an outdoor natuarlist. I don't want to scare all of you ladies but I am a 35 year old male who has been suffering with jock itch for a year and a half. Jock itch is the same thing as a yeast infection luckily us guys don't have an embarassing description such as the term yeast infection. Athelets foot is also considered the same thing, just on a different body part. I have been through the unbelievable embarasment with filling prescriptions, because unfournutley for men there is no prescription yeast infection medicine specificly for me. I have had to take difilucin 3 different times and it didn't work and everytime I had to pick this up I have eithier had to convince them that it is ok for me to take and maybe make a joke like " last time I checked I didn't have a vagina." Sometimes they say there must be a mistake and they didn't fill the order and there would be an embarising conversation at the counter with people wondering why I'm buying vaginal cream, lol.

Oh well I got used to it and I don't really care what people think, besides if anyone asks i could just tell them I have severe athelets foot.

To get to the remedy, a its going to seem extremely strange.

I have cured athelets foot by placing my bare feet in clean orgainic topsoil and I am considering buying a few packages of top quality organic topsoil and covering my lower extremities while in the tub. This could be quite relaxing like a spa treatment. I am going to consider it as mud bath with out the water. For a woman it might not be entirely comfortable (sand in the vagina syndrom) lol. But it is natural and full of nutrients and I believe the topsoil actualy absorbs the yeast(fungal) and the nutrients clean and dry the area. All I know is it cured my brothers and my athelets foot and I will try just about anything at this point plus it's safe. Dont forget to wash out the dirt though ladies. If I try it I will post my results. Peace ladies.

Michael Bnice
I had a chronic yeast infection off and on for many years. Everytime I went to the doctor, after taking a smear, he would perscribe a vaginal suppository, like you find OTC these days. When it continued I went to another doctor and found out that I had been over treated and now had just the opposit, I had an overgrowth and he simply told me to douche with baking soda and water. I haven’t had a yeast infection since and it has been over 10 years!! You find baking soda and water douche in your local drugstore or make your own with 1 teas of baking soda in a standard glass of slightly warm water and pour into a douche bag.

As another member mentioned it could be Type 2 Diabetes.  After reading that bit of information I mentioned it to a girlfriend who happens to be a retired RN. She recommended that I go and buy the glucose test strips that you pee on.  They are inexpensive.

Well my sugar was over 2,000.  Through diet and exercise (I love to walk) it went into the 300 range.  Now I'm on 2 generic diabetes drugs, and it's getting lower each day.  Still watching what I eat and keep walking.

BTW I thought I had the yeast infection from hell.  I was so absolutely miserable.

i've had burning and itching sensation from February..i've seen three doctors they prescribed candida medication which didn't work.the last doctor i saw prescbried Fluconazole the burning and itching  sensation is  not as bad as it was but it still exist ..please help i dont know what else to do
I have actually changed my diet so that I am now vegan, gluten free, and sugar -free (meaning no cane sugar or processed sugar in my diet at all) and it has worked out really well. However, since I am still that lucky 5% of the population that has chronic candidiasis, I still get Yeast Infections occasionally and they make me go insane. I have one right now, I've tried everything from putting garlic up there, to eating lots of garlic, to taking Diflucan...and I realized one thing...the Doctors don't know anything. They just guess and prescribe. If anything, you can probably make a better educated guess about your own body then they can. The Doctor I went to was mainly just concerned about money saying that we should test me for yeast. Hello!!! I've had yeast infections for 6 years now, I think I can tell what a yeast infection feel like. So in short, I do suggest changing your diets because I have gone front 3 yeast infections a months to maybe 2 yeast infections a year. Also, please note that you might be allergic to latex! This is something that I didn't realize and my fiance at the time would use latex condoms when we had sex, and this ALWAYS gave me a very chronic yeast infections. So you should definitely make the switch to non-latex condoms and see if that helps any. And make the switch over to a sugar free diet. You can always use agave in place of sugar which is really yummy, you can bake with it, and it's actually super healthy for you (you body doesn't recognize it as sugar). Agave is what they make tequila out of, it's a natural nectar found in nature from the agave plant. Anyways, I thought I would just throw in my 2cents because I have had this problem for years, and still do (but to a much much lesser extent)...and I totally empathize with all of you.

Goodluck!!!
Hello, i had reccurrent yeast/bacterial infections for two years. Right now i feel like 85% of my symptoms have disappeared in the last three weeks by doing this regimen. A. Cut down on sugar significantly, one pop or juice a day and the rest water. no dessert or candy except twice a week. Protein and veggies are the way to go. I like sliced turkey and fresh veggies :). B. Take Green Vibrance powder for body alkalynity. Got mines from health foods unlimited. Here's the link http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00014E01K/ref=asc_df_B00014E01K1764390?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=asn&creative=395093&creativeASIN=B00014E01K. C. Taking Herbs of Light Yeast Away pills LINK http://herbsoflight.net/yeast-away-capsules-90caps-450mg.html. Amazing antifungal herbs like golden seal, black walnut hull, olive leaf, pau d' arco, and echinacea. Did this for one week on moderate diet changes and felt all the yeast flushing out of my va jay jay. Was the worse yeast infection i EVER HAD. Then two days later 60% better. two weeks on moderate diet change 70% better. Third week no diet change actually worse. I had three days of constant cake, and candy like twix and snickers and pop. Only 85% better. Still improving but slower since the sugar intake. Started feeling a tiny irritation. Now week 4, I'm about to go off all sugar and breads. Intake more green vibrance, and hope to be 100% better. Hope this helps someone :) Chow
I've never had problems with yeast infections except after taking antibiotics until recently. I use the Arbonne seven day body cleanse two months ago and have had worsening problems ever since. I did the yogurt and the apple cider vinegar things, but the relief was only temporary. I have used a total of 4 monistat kits; they didn't work.I even got diflucan from the doctor. I ended up with a horrible allergic reaction to it and had to take steroids. Now I am on probiotics. I've also ordered the Pau d'Arco tea and got a nurse practitioner to call in some boric acid suppositories after my yogi told me that that was the only thing that helped her. Here's hoping that the combination of all of those things finally helps.
Plz help me somebody! a few days ago I woke up to this itching on the outside of my vagina lips . I scratched it so bad my lips swelled & burned, I showered bought monistat 1 day & anti fungal cream...applied both , showered twice a day , changed my underwear & kept it dry. Day 3 my lips are still.extremely itchy, but now I have a white film on the outside, my lips feel dry & thick, & its very sore... What do I do?
I'm so glad I found all of you.  I had a 5 day stomach ache back in May so I went to the doctor.  They took blood.  I felt fine the next day of course but they called me saying I had H. Pylori and had to take a medicine called the PrevPac.  After taking these double dose of antibiotics for 2 weeks, I ended up with a yeast infection a week later.  I treated in with otc cream and it went away.  two week later it cam back.  I did the same treatment.  Two weeks later back again.  This continued 4 times.  Then I had IV antibiotics in August for a surgery I had.  Couple weeks later another yeast infection.  I went to my doctor and she prescribed me a one time pill.  The yeast came back again.  I went to the gyno doctor who looked at the discharge under a microscope and said she wasn't going to culture it b/c I was loaded with yeast and she gave me a pill that takes care of resistant stains.  Well that didn't work either.  I've had constant discharge from a straight month now and about 6 yeast infections in the last 6 months.  The gyno doc said next they wanted to do a supressive regimen.  I don't know how i feel about this since i know it can be harmful for the liver.  I never had this problem before taking those double antibiotics.  It's ruining my life and putting a huge stain on my marriage.  I was doing the yogurt/probiotics routine but will now try the Pau D'Arco since people have had luck with it.
Garlic. Use a clove of garlic like a suppository.
I read this in a health store book.
Make sure the clove is slit somewhere, so the natural antibiotic is able to escape.
Keep it in overnight.
Should work really well. Garlic burns it out.
There is a lot of great information on the internet, albeit difficult to wade through the muck...I am in the same situation and came across a website that was very informative  http://www.candida-yeast-infection-relief.com/?gclid=CNauheqa8LECFQoZQgod1zYAiw

This site talks about how our whole system can have candida overgrowth, and how the spores can infect our whole bodies, lay dormant, and become active again....hence the repetitive yeast infection.  I know it is geared in the long run to purchase their product, however, the information is great and it makes sense.  

There are a number of types of acidopholus strains, the type that are in the vagina are lactobacilus acidopholus.  To say take acidopholus is great, but vague as there are so many strains...read the back of probiotic bottles at your health food store and you will see what I'm talking about.
Screw u luckylocket2 I am a guy who has had my yeast infection for 2 months. My fiancee gave it to me and I have tried everything I could diligently (except for antibiotics)  including not having sex. So maybe the same can be said about women. Or just u -.-
omg sweety im in the same postion as you. mine comes and goes too i took diflucan and teconazole and monistat everything nothing worked, now i dont have an itch but i have a slight burning in my vulva and it also varies thruout the day,. i go to the doc to do treatments she cleans me with boric acid and then she takes nystatin cream and micanizale 7 and rubs it in there and outside. she told me for home remedies drink lots of chamomile tea and douche with chamomile tea as well. its still burning nothing seems to help and im wondering y i am being cursed like this, i have had this before but it goes away for 3 months then comes back, i think ts my diet too, i love sweets and eat a lot of them im trying to cut down a lot, i dont eat sweet stuff anymore at all only strawberry yogurt but i don't think that really counts. anyway im gonna go ask the doc to take a culture sample when i go on  Monday bec i wa Na make sure its yeast bec i have no discharge and no smell and no itch just burn.
Anybody found something that really works???
Im In the same position !! absoloutely desperate for answers !!!!! I had a baby 10 weeks ago, suffered a third degree tear etc was on antibiotics... (4 kinds) then got a chronic yeast infection.. including rashes on inner thighs and a nappy rash. Have been to several doctors have tried all thrush creams and 2 weeks of diffuclan. pro biotics, yogurt, sterioid creams which help my rashes but they always come back... So over it !!! I am even on a gluten free diet and have cut back sugar. Nothing is working im absolutely miserable. My ob gave me antityripline tablets but I know that I don't have vulvodynia as the symptoms r clearly obvious... and the pain isn't just localised on my vulva. Iv never ever had a yeast infection or any infection down there before.. I Cant shake this and its ruining my life emotionally and physically. No doctors are taking this seriously. By the way they have done swabs and it comes back minor growth of candida..... Maybe different strain ? allergic ?
I believe my fiancé is the one with the yeast problem. Only since we've been together for five years have I had a chronic yeast infection/bacteria/parasite (who knows for sure?)  I'm 46, and before we hooked up, I only had ONE yeast infection with each of my 3 pregnancies in each of the first trimesters (obviously hormonal changes, right?)...so in my struggle to rid my body of the problem and maintain a balance these past 5 years, I have concluded that the ding **** on the other side of my bed has GOT TO BE constantly "reinfecting" my vagina!!!!!  He's told me how severe his ex wives' and girlfriends yeast infections were, especially his first wife. DUH.  Also, the man is completely addicted to sugar/alcohol.     Interesting that one man has shared his experience in this discussion since 2008.  Men definitely do not show the same symptoms that we do, if at all.  Bad penis. Bad.
I have been struggling with the same symptoms. Did you ever find a way to cure it?
I have had what i would call a chronic yeast infection the last two and a half months without cease? I have been precribed diflucan and canesten pessaries and most recently i was put on sporonox for 3 days and relactagel and not once out of any of these products or several trips to the gp have i got any relief of my symptoms. Ive also been trying natural yogurt cranberry tea horsetail tea, acidophilus,udo 8, antioxidants everything i can get my hands on to try get back to myself. But yet im still having the same painful burning sensation passing urine and afterwards and even during sex. That its nearly getting so uncomfortable now that its getting harder for me to even sit. And im losing my marbles with these doctors cause i think nearly at this stage its all a big joke to them to just pawn me of with stuff that aint helping. I just need someone to help me get to the root of my problem and get rid of it once and for all
i have had thrush for over 4 weeks ive had tablets ive had cream tryed yogurt nothing is working i dont have sex as im paranoid cause of it dr aint getting to bottom of the problem the tablets should of cleared it up with in a day and it aint that is rubbish im getting that stage where dont want to be touched cause of it dr is only fobbing me off with cream and more tablets why cant they find out whats really causing me to have thrush for so ,long
I had the same problem a few years ago! Really easy to fix but it took so long to find the solution. I had a six month case of thrush and went to countless doctors to try find why it wouldn't go away. Finally I found a doctor who prescribed me diflucan 50mg which was taken once daily for 2 years (very long I know) by the end of it I had a lot of psychological paranoia thinking it was still there when it wasn't which also really sucked because I forgot what the normal feeling felt like as I got so used to the symptoms being there :( now every time I get a bout of it I ask myself how the hell I dealt with it for six months after 2 days!!!
I feel your pain oh too well . I get a yeast infection quite often and lots has to do with your body's ph balance . My aunt went through the same thing and she was told to take lacto bacillis pills ( I think that's how you spell it )that help control the yeast growth in your vagina . Sometimes it's just red and dry feeling around the vulva but it even gives me pain in my lower abdomen . I have taking canesten twice in one month sometimes and it finally goes away for a bit . I hope this helps . Ask your doctor about the pills and give them a try . It helped me out.       Good luck !
That's supposed to be ph balance not 39
Sorry don't know why it says #39 in my comment . Please ignore the errors
I've been dealing with the same annoying itchyness/ redness.  It comes and it goes. I feel like it comes more if my sugar is too high.  Or ate something I shouldn't have.  I feel like when my sugar is under control than I feel normal. I've gone to the Dr and she prescribed me a cream. It helped a little.  I also buy those anti itch wipes and creams from vagisil.
yeast infection are the worst one!!! :(
This seems to be a common problem among females.. I thought it was only me. So far pau d'arco for reducing candida and maca for hormone balance is working for me.. Both are herbal capsules.
I suffered for 5 years with yeast.  The answer was so simple.  I tried everything!  Monistat, diflucan, etc.  A midwife told me to take a probiotic.  I took vaginal flora 50 billion by renew life( must be refridgerated so be careful when ordering online it is cheaper online than your local health food but it is not refrigerated in the mail).  I took it for 2 months daily before I saw relief.  I took it daily for 1 year before cured, but as long as I took it I didnt get any yeast infections.  I stayed yeast free without taking it until the birth of my next baby so I'm going to have to start taking it again.  It is $50 a bottle though.  I have heard that possibly any probiotic can work but you must give it time you might think it iss not working but youll need a few months to get it in your system.
Did you have sex during the year you were treating your infection?
I have had a yeast infection for about 6 weeks - all through Christmas and New Years. Extremely intense itching and burning. It was unbearable!  I tried many rounds of miconazole 1, and miconazole 7. I also used coconut oil with lavender and tea tree essential oils in it - both externally and also internally (made my own suppositories).  I even douched with apple cider vinegar and water.  The ACV did seem to calm it down a bit, and the essential oils were soothing when the mixture was cold. But what really seems to have worked is Pau D'Arco pills I ordered from Amazon (2 pills twice a day) AND I got some boric acid suppositories (don't take by mouth because they can be deadly). I inserted one in my vagina every night for 7-10 days. I never thought I would feel normal down there again, but it is true. You've got to try it. I saw a huge difference in only 3 days but continued for about 10.
Pau Darco. Dont know why the message looks like that. Please use Pau Darco and boric acid suppositories. It works.