Yeast infection with painful lesions? Please help

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

So I've had yeast infections and UTIs and bacterial vaginosis before but never this bad. It itched at first and without thinking I itched the crap out of it (my vulva) and now I'm swollen and I have red painful lesions. I wouldnt call them blisters, more like sore bumps because they do not have puss or anything of that nature. It doesnt itch anymore, its just terribly painful. I also have white discharge, dry, cracked skin on my labia and peeing *****. Its been like this for a week, I bought monistat 3 because that worked for me last time and I've used it once so far and I'm just waiting for relief. My question is, is it normal for yeast infections to be this bad? It's so painful and I'm worried it may be something worse, but I really dont want to go to the doctor. Please help, I need outside opinions.
It looks like you had a yeast infection but the scratching worsened the condition and you had superimposed bacterial infection. Considering your symptoms the possibility of folliculitis is more but since you are sexually active, hence STD’s like herpes should be ruled out. Herpes also presents with red itchy blisters which scab over. Herpes simplex is most easily transmitted by direct contact with a lesion or the body fluid of an infected individual. Transmission may also occur through skin-to-skin contact during periods of asymptomatic shedding.
The only way of ruling it out is by getting yourself tested for genital herpes. Laboratory tests include: culture of the virus, direct fluorescent antibody (DFA) studies to detect virus, skin biopsy, and polymerase chain reaction (PCR) to test for presence of viral DNA.
It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care and please do keep me posted on how you are doing.

Thank you for your advice. The monistat isnt working! I plan on going to the doctor today. I've read up on yeast infections relentlessly and many women have gone through this, too. They've all said they went to the doc and they gave them real medication and boom they were fine. It's so bad though, i have to bite down on a towel and practically get in fetal position to urinate. I can't walk either or sleep. I'm miserable.