Yeast infections and fissures
I have been having recurrent yeast infections along with anal fissures that will not heal (I have had fissures for about a month and a half to 2 months now and the infections for months on end...couldn't even guess).  I was taking antibiotics and steroids almost every month for a year when I had an abcess behind my tonsil until I was able to have them removed.  I don't know if it is related to this or not.  The doctors just keep treating the symptoms and not telling what the real problem is!  I have done research and I thought I may have had a candida overgrowth which can cause a weakening in the lining of the digestive tract as well as yeast infection.  I did a 3 week candida cleanse, but to no avail.  Help!
Also, the yeast infections seem to occur after intercourse (monogomous with my husband) and after my menstrual cycle.  The fissures seemed to come and go for awhile when I had an infection.  Now they just stay and won't leave!