Yellowish Green Vaginal Discharge
I've ignored this problem for so long, I can't even remember when I first noticed it. At first my discharge was getting whiter instead of the usual clear color. Eventually it became yellowish green. Currently it is light greenish with a texture that reminds me of something like boogers. I ignored my problem though because it never really bothered me---I was never itchy or in pain. I know I will need to visit a doctor; it's inevitable. But I'd like to know--- is this something extremely serious? Any ideas on what it could be? I really need to brace myself. I am a virgin and have never had sex.
I am 33 years old have a terrible smelly discharge from my vagina. It has been like that since I was a small child. My mom took me to the dr to have it checked out at an early age. Because I was so young, all they did was swab me with a Qtip, and send it to the lab. The results came back normal, and free of infection. They showed me how to wash properly, assuming thats what the problem was. Well it wasn't. From that time on, I would put toilet paper in my panties so that my mom didnt know that the issue was still in existence. Now as an adult, I take multiple showers a day due to the smell. I have abnormal paps because I have pollycystic ovarian syndrome, and I also have precancerous cells. Neither one of wich cause odor or discharge. I did have contract chlamydia some years ago, and was treated, but as I said, this has been going on long before I even knew what sex was. If anyone has any ideas to what this may be, please help. This is very embarrassing and I often have to sit with my legs tightly closed. I can't even wear skirts due to the odor seaping out, and my sex life is almost non existent!
im only 12 and i haver this... im embarresed to tell my mom but i rlly want to!!! im  kinda nervous... what should i do???
Hi there! I have the same problem as most of you shared. I had been noticing this thick green discharge that sometimes smells really fishy especially if I wear fitted jeans. I but sometimes it doesn't have any foul odor at all. I'm kinda worried and scared. I am actively engaged in sex w/ my boyfriend for two years. This is the first time I experienced such yucky discharge that makes me feel uncomfortable.
I also have a yellowish green discharg and sometimes ichy but it does not smell do I have an infection
It seems like it could be a yeast infection, it might be scary to ask a doctor, But better than not talking to a doctor about it to get rid of it,
well if ur a virgin, u need not worry. i have always had green booger looking discharge and my doctor told me its nothing to worry about its actuall a sign of high firtility and she was right i have two kids now and didnt take me long to concieve either one. however i do get bacterial vaginosis often but i think thats down to sexual intercourse and i get thrush a lot too.
hi everyone! today i put on a fresh clean underwere and when i went to the bathroom it was a kind off green turquise colour myh discharge is normal it dose a bit smell but its my underwear that alarmed me has anyone had this problem green underwere?? please help
Hi everyone, I read this post recently as I too have had on off odourless green/yellow vaginal discharge for years.  The docs couldn't find a problem, antibiotics didn't help and it was driving me crazy.  
Finally, I have found a solution.  My mum has always sworn by Apple Cider Vinegar, she drinks a tablespoon in water every day and is as fix as a fiddle.  I told her my problem and she suggested I add 2 cups of vinegar to a bath and sit with my legs up for 15mins.  I did that for 3 nights in a row and it WORKED!!  No more discharge.  If you try this its best to use organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother (health food shops stock it and will explain what mother is). Google it, you'll find heaps of sites with info on this stuff.  Hope this helps!!  
I've been dealing with same thing, except on and off smell. For about two years. I tried yeast infection over the counter stuff, and it worked for a bit, I was also diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis, but the medicine he gave me didn't really clear my symptoms. I've also had redness around the vulva/clitoris area, and I've brought it up to him multiple times but he beats around it and started me on birth control. Its slowed down the amount but so far, nothing has changed drastically. I have had sex since then, and oral and my bf says I taste fine. But after sex is when most of the discharge increases. I try to google and look threw forums to figure out what is going on with my body, and have been tested for stds (which all have came up negative multiple times) but still nothing. I tried wearing looser clothes too, and dresses as much as possible. But I STILL deal with it. I would say go to a doctor as much as possible till your symptoms clear, cause right now I'm annoying the hell out of my gbyn, but it is embarrassing, and makes us women feel self conscious, especially when you don't know whats going on.
I've also had pelvic pain with my symptoms and still no answers.
Does it really works?? Doesn't it burn? I would like to try it, but I can't have a bath because the bath tub thingy to close the hole is gone lol so i only have showers..  any idea? But thanks I'll try to think of a way lol
i'm 15 and i am a virgin. today i have noticed that there is this really bright yellow gew coming from my vagina and it smells really bad and i'm really worried. can someone please help me?
hey i have the same
Eat 2 cups of plain yogurt a day, take showers as opposed to baths because sitting in the tub can allow bacteria to travel up the vagina and give a super infection because of the amount of bacteria on the floor when we are barefoot, then we step into the tub and there may be bacteria lingering in the tub from a previous bath.  Also wearing cotton underwear with a pantyliner to track color and odor and also change the liner keeps the odor off underwear and off you. If this doesn't work, then a remedy to clear things up is a teaspoon of Tea Tree oil in a cup of distilled or purified water as a douche once a day for 6 days should clear up d/c problem.    
My friend has this watery green discharge and a rash that constantly comes and goes away when she has her period but reappears again after she's had her period and shez been to the clininc like twice and this still won't go away. Please help me help my fiend.
To " clear " out the semen after sexual intercourse, you are supposed to urinate right after sex. before too actually. Also what you are describing is a bacterial infection. harmless as it is just an overabundance of bacteria already present in the vagina, or a yeast infection that has progressed. But no matter which one it is you are not supposed to soak in hot water. washing frequently and avoiding irritating or perfumed scents is a must but bathing provides a nice warm moist environment which helps the infection grow. It may help the smell but is actually making it worse. Go to the doctor and get it diagnosed and get either a cream which you insert and pills you can take and its gone in 5 days. There are natural remedies as well but depending on your body and progression of the infection might not work as well.
what did your doctor tell you? i have the same problem and im freaking out O:
Hello.  I have been having this green yellow discharge with a horrible odor.  I finally went to the doctor today she told me I have an STD called trichomonas!  She says there is no other way to get it but through sex.  Me and my husband have been together for 18 years and have never had any issues.  I really don't believe that he would cheat on me and when I told him what the doctor said he was very upset.  I truly believe him when he says he has not cheated on me.  So there has got to be another way to contract this disease, I am just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar to my situation?
you are ignorant.  and talking bad things into your own life.
I been having a green pus coming down,and it itches a lot nd smells a lot when I shower I take it all out cause theirs a lot in there,what do you think it could mean? I hope its nothing too bad that can affect me when I want to have kids.
I have yellow-greenish discharge and I had sex 3 days ago I also just got off my period right before I had sex.  it doesn't itch and it doesn't smell.
What could this be?
i have the same problem but i havent had a period for 3 months now i feel like am so swelled up like a bollon am about ready to pop. am nt prego. my stomick hurts bad. and ive been throwing up. i just had a pap done and when i got home i started to have this yellowish smelly stuff come out? i dont have an std. so whats wrong with me ? and i do not itch down there  
I had the exact same thing! After several visits to different doctors, it turned out to be a yeast infection. They've tested me for EVERYTHING over the course of 6 months!!!! The specialist I finally saw said that he sees discharge turn bright yellow and green with a yeast infection more often than people realize. It was really scary, but I'm glad I got it checked out!!! You just have to be careful and get it checked by a doctor, because there are STDs that have the same symptoms, and you want to rule those out!!!
Hello I really need some one to help me, I have green snotty looking discharge. And I don't no what it could be, I don't have no bed smell or itching just the discharge... Could some one please help me!
In January I had sex with a guy I hardly knew..we did use condoms. A couple of days later we had sex again and we used condoms again.
A week after I got this really bad vaginal itch with what looked like cottage cheese discharge with a strong vaginal itch that was driving me nuts. I went to the store and bought Vagisil and it cleared up.
For the past month I have a mucus like yellowish-greenish cottage cheese vaginal discharge. I have done some research regarding this issue and everything I have read eighter says that it could be Chlymedia or BV. I made an appointment with a Doctor. I'm not sure if I had an allergic reaction to the condoms or what it could be. I'm very anxious to go to the Doctors office on Thursday and find out what it coul Be
Long thread and many comments.  Almost exactly same issues as the original poster of this article.  It would be more helpful if people reported what their doctors are saying.  To that end, this is what my doctor (GP) believes:

Either injured muscles in the area, tightness due to poor posture, recent intense activity or stress to that area.  But the sensation is not normal, even for muscle injury.  There is something going on to the nerve itself.

It could very well be DDD - Degenerative Disk Disease.  Look it up.  Disk gets think/weak and stars pressing on your nerve cause anything from tingling/numbness to pain etc.  And due to the area that people describe symptoms, like mine..likely a disk in your thoracic region or lower cervical spinal region.  I will need to get an Xray or MRI to confirm.

I think in many  cases it might end up being DDD, which is not that uncommon in between 20-40 year olds. The problem with it just being tight muscles is that they don't typically pinch the nerves, the compression is coming from the very narrow space that is available to the nerve as it exists the spinal column.  So even a relatively small narrowing as a result of a disc loosing its cushioning ability can impinge the nerve.  Think of when you really have injured/pulled a muscle or even torn one.  How many times can you recall having a tingling sensation that comes and goes randomly but is consistent for weeks to months or more?  The reason is that muscle problems don't typically impact or impinge nerve function.

Take care and see what your doctors think of that possibility, please post feedback here.  I am actually very surprised that very few doctors (where people have posted their comments) have suggested that DDD is a strong possibility.

Cheers
JCDD
sorry everyone, don't know how to delete posts.  I posted to wrong forum
I know it's been years since your comment about this "discharge", but I wanted to let you know that I searched because I, too, have repeated "chronic" bouts of this stuff and it drives me CRAZY! I have bought a vaginal test (home kit) for PH and it tells you based on your PH what it might be. Although my PH was 6.5, my gyno actually did her thing at the visit I had to make, and she said it was BV, not Trich.  I am divorced, with NO sexual contact in over 7 years, and still I get it! I wear loosely fitted clothing AND cotton panties! Go figure! I don't take baths cuz I am in a wheelchair, so I have to "sponge bath" and I don't even use the same wash cloth 2x in a row! I wish I didn't have to continuously use the Metrozonale (sp) and the 2nd script that follows that after 5 days all the time, cuz I end up using pantyliners for both reasons! I hate that too because I had a complete hysto (don't take hormone therapy) so I thought all those feminine product buys were over!  Oh well.  If you found out anything in the past years to help, I'm all EARS!  Thanks.
E1 m experiencin d same prob..m having a
greenish yellow discharge..bt it dsnt smell lik
nythng..m 25 yrs old n nt sexualy active..bt my discharge make my vagina itchy..m rly scared..plz hlp
bubble baths are bad for your flora in the veejay-jay are
OMG girls i've been feeling the same... I don't know what to do anymore :(
Im 25 yrs old and Ive been having this problem since forever... probably 3 yrs ago... Im tired of going to the doctor just to tell me to use Miconazole every time i go... Which it works for a couple of weeks but the discharge comes back :( To top it all I'm now 16 weeks pregnant and im still having this problem... Im so worried about my unborn baby... Tmrw i have my doctors app lest see what happens...
IF you guys ever find a solution to this problem please send me an email to ***@****... THank you very much!!!
  I am 13, I have been getting a yellowy greenish (more green) discharge also it has small green things in it........ I am scared. I live with my dad because me and my mom ARE not close at all. I don't want to go to the doctors because my dad would have to take me. I have NOT gotten my period yet, but have been getting the discharge for over a year and a half, I tried talking to my friends but they all have had their periods but I have not they say that I should just go to the doctors.......

Lately I have been getting cramps and they go away pretty quick. I need to know what is happening:
-Am I going to have to go to the doctors?
-Is it different that I have been getting discharge for OVER a year and a half(1 year and a 1/2)

I read most comments and researched everything.
   I live in a house with boys... only boys. I need help!
What about discolored discharge?  Will that clear up as well?

I've been having an issue with my discharge and I've been to the Doctor and he didn't exam me but he said it was probably a UTI and gave me antibiotics.  It cleared up for about 1-2 weeks and came back.  7 months before that doctor appointment I went to my gyno and she gave me all the tests and said I was fine.

I wear cotton underwear but after having my son 1 1/2 years ago I gained a lot of weight and I've been wearing panties that about a size or to too small.  I'm thinking that's my problem.

Any thoughts?
WRONG!! Never take baths when you have a vaginal infection. The soap and bubbles are bad for it, just like douching. Take a shower and use NON SCENTED soap and a clean cloth to clean that area.
So I am sexually active , with my boyfriend of a year ... We have been sexually active for awhile . But all of the sudden I have had this very light yellow-ish odorless discharge & it's not "clumpy" it's sort of runny , I just started birthcontrol , but from what I read this birthcontrol causes a lot of problems - like not stopping pregnancy !! But along with the discharge I have very cloudy urine , plus some soreness down there . But we have both been checked ! This has only been going on for a few days , & I haven't had sex since because its painful . What could it be ?
i have the same experience, i noticed it last december 8 2012 i don't know if it's long time ago because same as you, i ignored it thought that it's normal, i notice that i have unusual vaginal discharge its yellow green in color i can't explain the odor but it's not smelly.. and also its watery.. so i have to wear pantyliner so it can not get through my shorts/pants. im really scared to this,, it feels like i have menstruation coz my lower abdomen have a liitle pain and may flank area.. im not sexualy active though. should i see the doctor now? im scared to found out the result..
wow, until now i thought i was abnormal to be having this vaginal issue for long long, but after reading the comments here, i realize it's so common!...vaginal itching, burning and white-yellow odorless discharge.
I'm 13 and my discharge I green Nd down there is itchy.it smells also I'm scared but don't want to tell anyone,not even my mom.any  Suggestions?Please!
you are suppossed to go and get a pap smear every year but only once you have been sexually active!
NOT before! and even then some offices wont give you a pap smear is you are under 21!
it's so annoying! i am 20 years old, i've had one pap smear which came back abnormal and i went to get another one and they denied me one even though my previous one was abnormal just because i was not atleast 21!
I think a lot of what folks are describing is a yeast infection (girls--just taking birth control alone can deplete good bacteria and set you up for yeast infection,) or BV, or HPV for those who are sexually active.

What I have not seen posted on this thread much is HPV which is widely misunderstood and VERY rampant.  I have seen statistics say something like 80% of women over the age of 30 have it.  It can cause itching, little red bumps, redness around opening of vagina, swollen areas (technically 'warts' but look like raised areas of more light colored skin tags around opening,) and thick cottage cheese like dicharge.  You can come back as being "negative" for STD tests but still have HPV.  Basically, I have read that if you are a sexually active adult to expect to have HPV.

My holistic doctor recommends flushing out the vagina with water daily or twice daily if there is discharge or yeast suspected.  (You have to get a specific plastic bag with tube you can insert inside the vagina, sometimes they have these at pharmacy for "home enemas" but you can use it for vagina instead.)  When candida "die off" like if you are taking Diflucan, it produces a discharge that causes itch.  

Definitely avoid sugar and take probiotics.  If folks suspect it's HPV, I'd take 1500mg lysine at night.  Not sure if folks know, if you ever feel a cold sore coming on, take 1500mg lysine and it will go away in 5 days, something about lysine helps with virus, so that's why I'm suggesting it here, see if it helps reduce your symptoms.  The running theory on HPV is basically the symptoms will go away with time, but you need to see doctor if you see any skin tag/wart/growths and they get bigger as you can put acid on them to make them dissolve and you want to go to the gyn to make sure it's not an infection.

I am 36 with no kids and have this snotty green discharge now for 8 years.  I have tried everything,  from taking antibiotics, vaginal jels, rephresh, ladybalance, accupunture, herbal remedies, natural yohurt, apple cider vinegar, garlic and nothing works.  I had spear tests and swap tests and everthing is fine there.

Is there a CURE anyone ???
i am 27 years old. im having  light green yellowish discharge it was white in colour in the beginning. the discharge started after antibiotic course. i thought it is candidiasis,  and used fluconazol for 1 month 1 capsule per week but it didnt get better. im still having this and im very tense please help me.
Bubble baths can cause yeast infections, if taken to often, because it causes an unbalance of normal flora.
higoodevening   can you help me please ?? im 14 years old and my menstrual started last october 2 and stop at october 5 at the evening.October 6  late afternoon my boyfriend finger me and he also tried to use 2 finger .. he noticed that his finger has a blood but you couldnt clearly seen it.. so i wondered ! i check my vagina if  it bleed. but I didnt see any.but when I go home .. At the evening i change my clothes , and my vagina bleed>> so I was wondering if it is the continuation of my meanstrual cycle or it is the effect of fingering.. because lately i notice that my vaginal discharge change to a something color light green when wet and slightly dark green when it dry,... PLEASE HELP ME IM WORRIED AND I DO NOT WANT MY PARENTS TO KNOW ABOUT MY SITUATION .. is there a possibility that i have a cancer ?? :"( :'( :'( help me please >>.. I really need your advice im still virgin and im really worried about the article that i read coz the trichomasis maybe  whats wrong with me >> can you help me please .. i really reallyneedd youradvicee
I had a problem for years with horrible greenish discharge and an unpleasant odour. I had heard about BV, but was too embarrassed to see a doctor. I had eventually had enough, so decided to order some products online to be kept somewhat anonymous. I had read about canesbalance, a vaginal gel that helps fight the bad bacteria and a vaginal wash called summers eve. The canesbalance is a 7 day treatment and I noticed a huge difference after just 2 days with the daily use of summers eve on top. And I know from experience that you always want to douche when you have strange discharge. Do not do this, I think this has been the main problem as to why it never got better before. Let the canesbalance do the work and do not douche ( ever! ) or have intercourse in the 7 days treatment. It worked for me and I hope this will help someone else because it is a misery to live with it.
I been having this problem for about 5 days Im super scared the green discharge wont stop Im also itchy at times and Ive bleed a little while peeing. It burns when I pee, do you really recommend this treatment cause Im really avoiding to go to the doctor
I am 14 years old and i just started getting this yellowish discharge, it comes out so much it feels like im on my period, but im not. What should i do??
Hello there uhmmm
I think i need some help from you guys :-)
U see im a sixteen year old girl and honestly, im still a virgin. I've done so many researchs about my condition and the top answer that i found is that it's because of sexual intercourse or sexual contact with a guy in which I DIDNT AND WILL NOT BE DONE. So back to what i was saying, this only happened when i got hme from swimming then my vagina began to itched and it excretes some greenish liquid. So i went to my oby and prescribed me some stuffs to get rid of it and gave me medication to heal the itchiness then after a month it stopped itching but the GREEN FLUID didnt, up until now. Ive done so many stuffs but it still doesnt work. Can you please help meeee im just a kid :-( and im really worried about my future.

And oh... This started in march..i think
Hello there uhmmm

This is usually considered as a bacterial infection. It can happen from an over growth of normal bacteria that is in and around your vagina area. This can also be caused by wiping from back to front vs the correct way front to back. I have a teenage daughter and she regularly got infections because she would fold the tp and wipe the front DO NOT DO THIS. In other wards a bacteria that is normal in other areas has been introduced to the vagina. You should inform your parents and tell them that you need to go to the doctor. The doctor will give you antibiotics that will clear it right up.
Also, your obgyn needs to do a culture, ask them to do a culture, this is very important bc they may be treating you for a regular yeast infection when it's a completely different bacteria altogether. It sounds to me like you had a yeast infection bc of the itching but you may have had another type of bacteria that was also introduced and that's what is hanging in there. When swimming try to get out of your wet bathing suit right away. Always try to keep that area dry, after exercising make sure you shower and dry off completely, use cotton under things. Hope this helps, I know it's embarrassing but you have nothing to be embarrassed about this is all completely natural stuff.