Yellowish Green Vaginal Discharge

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Yellowish Green Vaginal Discharge

I've ignored this problem for so long, I can't even remember when I first noticed it. At first my discharge was getting whiter instead of the usual clear color. Eventually it became yellowish green. Currently it is light greenish with a texture that reminds me of something like boogers. I ignored my problem though because it never really bothered me---I was never itchy or in pain. I know I will need to visit a doctor; it's inevitable. But I'd like to know--- is this something extremely serious? Any ideas on what it could be? I really need to brace myself. I am a virgin and have never had sex.
ii had a similar thing last year and i went to the dr and they told me i had bacterial vagintis. its an infection that can have and ordor or not, especially after sex. and discharge, like yours. gave me antibiotics and cure that sucker right up.
That doesn't sound too bad...thanks for your help.
Also, you went to a doctor or did you go to a gynecologist?
IF it doesn't smell, I would not be concerned.  I have had it at times as well.  Being a virgin, you are very safe from a lot of things.  If your 16 or older, you should be visiting an ob/gyn at least once a year anyway.  
To be honest, I don't know if it smells. After I shower there is no smell, but if I delay that shower it starts to smell---which I kind of assumed was normal. My discharge is never a healthy looking color or texture anymore though and it kind of worries me.

I didn't know that you should go to a gyn once a year once you're 16 or older! I'm 17 currently, and I'm just barely thinking about a visit (and of course I'm scared about what to expect). My mother kind of mentioned about taking me for a checkup once, but never really continued with that. I'll run the idea past her again, though it might be a bit weird when I bring it up.
i have the same problem but my discharge makes me very itchy  i apready went to my gyn doctor and i am waiting the result i am a little big scare
my vaginal discharge its yellow-green itchy vagina discharge and also look white at simple view
but its really yellow green
i've been experiencing a yellowish-green discharge currently..and its itchy..im kinda scared bout it..what will i do?im afraid to go to the doctor and know the result..it really bothers me a lot..
The best thing to do is definetely go to the doctor. It will be a BIG relief to know what's going on, and there's probably a simple explanation and solution. It does suck to have those awkward doctor appointment but they don't last long, and you will be so relieved. My mom is a gyno and says it's all normal to her. they see all kinds of things every day and it doesn't phase them
I am a 20 mother and I have had a green yellowish discharge since I was a little girl. I have had lots of std screenings done for myself and because i was pregnant. They say everything is clear but my discharge smells really bad and when my husband does oral he says it taste really bad too. Its really embarrasing and I was wondering if anyone has any ideas on what I can do about it???
I also have this yellow/ green discharge and it also can not be an STD as my husband has been out of the country for 3months so no sex obviously. I guess it is possable for it to be an STD from years gone by but I have my anual check every year and nothing has ever showed. I am very itchy to the point i get blood from itching with the toilet paper in the bathroom. There is no smell but it is worrysom all the same. My Dr has sugested using an over the counter yeast infecton kit - he has done no testing but said some times the yeaST CAN GROW TO A POINT THAT IT BEGINS A DIFERANT BACTERIAL INFECTION WICH CAN TURN THE DISCHARGE GREEN. iF YOU HAVENT TRIED ANYTHING FOR A YEAST INFECTION mAYBE TRY THAT. ALSO i HAVE HEARD THAT SOMETIMES IF U PUT PLAIN YOGURT ON A TAMPON (GROSS I KNOW) AND INSERT IT ONLY WHEN U R SLEEPING IT HELPS TO KILL THE YEAST WICH IS INFECTING YOU. i HAVE NEVER TRIED IT MYSELF BUT HAVE BEEN TOLD IT WORKS.   Sorry about the caps my fingure missed LOL
The yogurt thing ONLY works if you use a PLAIN yogurt with no added sugars and such. Putting anything sugary into the vagina is bad for you. It can cause the natural bacteria that grown in there to go nuts, so you have to be careful what you use, if you use yogurt as an "herbal, at home remedy".
I have the same problem, but not because I'm a virgin . . . (my kids are all grown up) . . . I've been married for 34 years to the same man, but this Spring he had to have his prostate removed because of cancer.

The prostate gland makes the liquid part of the semen.  Now, after sex, there is no fluid going in to clean me out.  Understand?  

Consequently, I noticed itching and light green discharge too.  Here's what I discovered:

If you're wearing nylon panties or panythose all day (instead of cotton) your crotch area will begin to smell bad.  Our skin needs to "breathe" to stay healthy.  [Feet smell bad for the same reason.  If you wear cotton socks or go barefoot, your feet will be odor free!]

SOLUTION:
If you already smell bad, take a nice long bubble bath after you get home and can take those nylon panties or pantyhose off.  Do this everyday until the odor disappears.  (I like to put my laptop on the closed toilet seat so I can watch a DVD or Netflix movie while I soak in the tub.  That way, the bath lasts longer.  Keep adding hot water as needed to keep it warm.)

Use "Cortizone 10" cream on the outside "itchy" spots after your bath.  When you go to bed, be sure to wear cotton panties (or none at all) so your body can breathe during the night.

The smell and itching will go away and stay away.
Bonnie it's sweet of you to post your suggestion -- you are so right about the nylon/polyester connection -- but I wanted to add that for some, the bath can be the absolute worst thing to do, especially with bubble bath, for the same reason that MDs now say to NOT use douches or scented feminine hygiene products.  Too much water in the vagina can remove the friendly bacteria that keep you healthy, and the chemicals in bubble bath can increase all sorts of problems.

I'm a big fan of Rephresh, because it works *with* your body instead of against it.  The box says to use it every few days, but I've done well using it much less frequently:  once a week at first, and now I use one treatment whenever I get a sense that I'm a little "off".

Yellow isn't always a sign of a problem:  taking B vitamins turns urine bright yellow sometimes, and it can do the same to vaginal discharge.  
I had vaginal itching for a month with clear discharge.  I finally went to the doctor and was tested for std's nothing thank god.  A yeast infection is what they said. Doctor prescribed diflucan I took 2 pills and a day or 2 later felt better no irratation.  However It has been another month and I have been still experciening discharge, now it seem to be a littlle yellowish greenish.  more dischage I would say appears in the am.  Im worried I know I have to go to the doctor again but I scared.  any suggestions as to what this can be?
I have the same problem for years. Though its not itchy but i notice it becomes thick and not all the time greenish mostly just yellow and it dries off on my panties. Im a virgin and i dont use anything for sex so im normally clean from that side. I also dont use nylon panties.
I have done A LOT of exhausting research on this topic and am currently seeing a Naturopathic Doctor who has me doing a remedy for a similar condition. It is working! I have tried the self-diagnosis route and to no permanent success, which is why I finally went to a doctor. The Naturopathic doctors work with you to isolate the CAUSE and then give you natural products that help restore balance.

I have one question.. how much water do you drink?

Do you drink fruit juice, how often?

And what about fruit, sugary products, etc.?

I am 42 years old and had heavy, smelly vaginal discharge for as long as I can remember.  I have spent a LONG time very self-conscious about the odor and even recall times when people around me had a look on their face that said "what's that SMELL?".  I could have died!  

Once a doc treated me for trichomoniasis or "trich", a quasi-STD that can be contracted through sexual contact as well as from remaining in damp clothes such as a swimsuit or using damp towels. ( I have no idea how that works but the doc and all research I have done say the same thing.) The treatment lasted for a short time then the symptoms came back same as before despite my precautions.   Another doc suggested she could CAUTERIZE MY CERVIX!!!! as a possible solution.  GAH!!!!  Didn't try that...I like my cervix too much.

At any rate, with or without treatment, my symptoms used to come and go in varying degrees. I have found that, for me, the no-underwear solution has worked best.  It took a few weeks to get completely cleared up but this is what worked for me:

I try to let as much air circulate as freely as possible by wearing loose clothing or dresses/gowns all the time when I'm at home and I don't wear undies when I sleep.  And...I know it's taboo for the majority where I'm from, but...I generally don't wear underwear under pants/jeans when I'm out and about either.  At first it was uncomfortable and I was self-conscious but I learned to wear clothes that fit or are a little loose as opposed to the tighter clothes I used to wear. I try to wear dresses more often than anything though...and on those occasions I wear undies just in case my skirt flies up.  But the undies are thin, cotton thongs in the string style.  I know, I know...many can't imagine a thong anymore than being panty-less...but the secret is to get them a size too big for looseness and the thong part as thin as you can possibly find.  Once you get over "OMG I'm wearing a thong!"  you may find them more comfortable than you could have imagined...you may even forget that's what you're wearing.  I found 2 bonuses: no visible panty line and my BF is tantalized when he knows I'm  going commando or wearing a thong.  

But the bottom line (no pun intended) is that now I rarely, rarely, rarely have any kind of odor and most days my undies/clothes are clean and dry at the end of the day.  I've been following my rules for about 3 years now.

Various resources/references tell me there are several different causes for smelly, colored discharge and there are several ways to treat it.  Do not be embarassed to talk to a doctor...that's the first place you should start seeking a solution.  They have seen and treated so many worse/weird/bizarre/gross conditions than this routine, run-of-the-mill discharge problem...it won't phase them and they don't pass judgement on their patients anyway.  You'll be relieved and be more comfortable with yourself after being seen by a professional.

I hope someone finds this helpful and I hope everyone with this problem finds what works for them very soon.
i have greenish yellowish discharge to and have been avoiding it since i have no insurance...where can i go? plan parenthood? or do i need to goto a real doctor. and im about to be 20...and have never been tested for an STD. i am NOT a virgin alothough have never had sex with a guy if you catch my drift. i dont know if that affects me differently vaginally. let me know pleassssssssse
i have greenish yellow vaginal discharge for the longest now. i have been to the doctor for so many time with treatment that only works for a while then the problem come back again its like a re accouring night mare. i even had the itching and the burning after sex men it is painful. can't enjoy a good sex with my husband. but my main concern is to get rid of the vaginal discharge once and for all.
PLEASE HELP!!!
i have a yellow greenish vaginal discharge and it use to smell but it doesnt really anymre. i've been to the doctors but they technically dont see anything wrong. all my test have been negative and my pap was normal. i dont no if i should be worried or if i should seek further help. i am not a virgin and i recently had sexual intercoarse with a new partner. but i hadnt had it in like a year or so, and i no my body reacts weird to new stuff so i think thats what it is. bacerial vaginosis is the only thing i feel it could be right now.
I have as well had a a very light greenish discharge in my panties, I'm 17 years old and I've never been sexually active (virgin) I did go to the doctor but they said everything came back fine, I haven't had my period in almost 5 months, the green discharge doesnt smell or itch, anyone have any ideas? I was put on the medicine Provera for my period and I just finished it, how long will it take?
I'm having the same problem,
Its pretty annoying dont you think?!
Im 17 and only been sexually active with my long term boyfriend, but I was on the contraceptive pill for just over 18 months. So I havent had periods for that last 9 months or so because I changed to a new one mid way.

I've recently stopped taking the pill and thats when my discharge started, although I only really notice it around the time i'm releasing my eggs or around the time of my period. So i'm wondering whether it could be anything to do with the menstraul cycle??

chlamydia can cause such discharge. if your a virgin then your safe, if not see the doctor about your concerns. its better to find the infection earlier than later. take care of your health ladies  <3
Do yourselves a favor and research BV (Bacterial Vaginosis)
It's a very common problem in woman and it's nothing to be ashamed of. Most times the problem will go away for a little while but will most commonly reappear after awhile. I've been suffering from chronic bacterial vaginosis for years. I went to my doctor and was prescribed Metronidazole and it went away in a matter of days.

As for the younger ladies that have never been to an OBGYN you really need to get on that. Tell your mothers or just go to a community clinic if you are too embarrassed to speak about it. But like I said before, you should never be ashamed of your bodies. There is most always a solution to your problems.
i have this yellowish green vaginal discharge, it doesnt have an odor. it actually reminds me of a booger. gross i know but its the best way to explain to it. i am sexually active. anyone have any ideas what it can be? i went to a doctor and they said everthing is normal and they see nothing wrong.
If you are suffering from greenish discharge you should go and see your doctor and have a cervical smear test. It's nothing to be ashamed of, it happens to all of us. The discharge may be the cause of an STD or more commonly an overgrowth of bacteria in the cervix. This can be treated by antibiotics such as flagyl or amoxicillin. It should clear up in  a few days, however be sure to finish the antibiotics and take as directed, otherwise the problem may occur again.
hi, i have this minimal yellowgreen vaginal discharged and has a fishy odor..please help me what was this..i don't feel any burning or itchiness but i'm alarming with this odor..i usually wash my vagina after urinating but still there's yellowgreen and fishy smell on my pantyliner..
i'm not even an aldult yet and my periods havent started yet but my discharge is sometimes slightly greeneish im scared about it and really don't know what to do or wat it means
plz HELP!!!!

its scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have the same problem, yellowish-greenish "boogery" non-odory discharge. I've had numerous paps and tests. Everything comes back normal. it's driving me crazy because this has been going on for two years. i've been with my hubby for 13 years and had every std test imaginable with the births of my kids, though I have had more of an introduction to my husbands semen more than ever because he had a vasectomy. i wish i knew why this is happening. it is  a little irritating but my docs say it's just a hormonal phase i'm going through. i hate it.
Im fifteen and i've always had a greenish yellow discharge. i cant remember when i didnt have it. during the day (when im at school) i wear pantyliners to try and keep the discharge from getting through my undies and onto my pants... its happened before. my discharge smells and it doesnt smell like bread or yeast. it itches sometimes and when i itch it i usually draw blood. after that it hurts/burns to pee. im young and have never been sexually active so i know its not an STD. but it is so embarrassing to smell like this all the time! im terrified to go to the gyn. please help.  
I had the same symptoms and the doctor diagnosed it as a yeast infection.  Primarily, because of the characteristics of the discharge being like yeast, but the color is not white.  For over a year, I was treated for yeast twice; however, it must have persisted.  The treatment was Diflucan 3 tabs taken every other day over a week.

Good luck  
I have been having yellowish green vaginal discharge. Went to my doc for a pap, but results aren't out yet. Just wondering though, if she does prescribe me some pills, around how long will I have to take them? A week, at most? Thanks!
I'm a 16 year old girl who is still a Virgin. 4 Years ago, i noticed that i was having clear discharge every now and again. I asked my mom about it, and she said it was normal nothing to worry about. So i stopped worrying about it. But about a year later, i noticed that the discharge started to become more frequent until it was everyday and it has a greenish color and it smells REALLY REALLY bad. I have had this problem for about 3 years. I have used Monistat, thinking that it was a yeast infection. It didn't help it any. And i'm really scared. I haven't done anything with my boyfriend just because of that problem. It is really embarassing. Help?
Hey all. I have the same problem. Greenish, thick discharge (looks like snot lol) but doesn't have a smell.

I noticed it after I had intercourse with my partner for the first time in a fairly long time.

I have recently been on a course of antibiotics for bronchitis so maybe that could be an issue?

Also I haven't had my period for almost 3 months after coming off the pill (due to a DVT). I take Androcur which is a strong hormone which I think is the reason I haven't gotten my period.

I am going to the doctors in a few days so I'll ask her about it then. But in the meantime does anyone have any information that can ease my mind? I'm going mad and am extremely worried about what it might be.
Hi, even though this is kind of an old thread I just wanted to tell my experience. I was diagnosed with Bacterial vaginosis a few weeks ago and was prescribed a cream to be inserted vaginally, which didn't end up working. Now my gyno prescribed me Metronidazol twice a day for a week. My symptoms before I started the medication were just a very foul odor and a thicker milky white discharge. Now 4 days in taking the medication and my vagina is more irritated and now I'm having heavy at times green/yellow discharge with little cottage cheese like chunks-gross I know. I'm just hoping this is a sign that the medication is working and getting the bad bacteria out? I Still have 3 days to go, so hopefully this medication finally takes care of this annoying condition! I hope everyone has found relief for theirs!
I have a 5 month old son, since I was about 7 months pregnant I have had an odery yellowish discharge. I asked my OBGYN about it then and she said it was normal. At my 6 week post appt. after giving birth I asked her about it again because I was embarrassed to still have the odor especially, and she said it was a vaginal bacterial infection. She gave me a cream antibiotic to use for 5 nights with strict rules to refrain from intercourse until I was finished with the antibiotic. I followed her rules and still had the problem. To keep a long story short I have been back to see her and the other OBGYN in the office 7 times since the 6 week appt.  Each time I have left the office with some sort of prescription for the same symptoms. They have treated me for a yeast infection twice out of all those visits and the rest have been for the bacterial infection. Nothing seemed to work and I am tired of going in only to be told the same thing and have no results no matter which medication I take...I have been breast feeding and am in the process of weaning him. Does anyone think it could be from my hormones due to the pregnancy and breast feeding, or has anyone had similiar syptoms (symptoms) while breast feeding? I'm hoping once I have quit the breastfeeding and gone back on my regular bc pill it will go away...I feel to ashamed to have to call the GYN again and tell her it still hasn't gone away.
Bacteria and Candidsis both living in your vagina.  If they get out of balances one (maybe a bad version) will out grow the other and will irritate the walls of the vagina.

Bacterial Vaginosis - Women with BV may have an abnormal yellow green vaginal discharge with an unpleasant odor. Some women report a strong fish-like odor, after intercourse.  May also have burning during urination or itching around the outside of the vagina, or both. However, most women with BV report no signs or symptoms at all.

Candidsis -Thrush is a very common vaginal infection which is irritating and annoying rather than harmful. It is caused by a yeast (called Candida) which lives naturally in the bowel and, in small numbers, in the vagina.
I have a greenish discharge too, had it for a while. I finally went to the doctors and got given Metronidazol to be taken for a week. But it still hasn't cleared up after taking them and its really annoying me now. I'm now waiting to go the doctors for a smear, which i dont want but need to have to hopefully find out what it is and get rid of it. I'm just worried its going be something bad!
I'm a healthcare professional, and someone with issues with my cervix, and the best piece of advice I can give is GO TO THE GYN.  If you go, and they can't find anything, and the problem persists, go to a new MD.  Yes, sometimes bacterial imbalances can happen and the discharge may clear up on its own, but it could also be as serious as cervical cancer.

Also, never ever EVER use yogurt as a home remedy...or anything else in your house in your vagina for that matter.  Even douching can turn a normal healthy vagina infectious by disturbing the vagina's natural balance of bacteria.  If you have a yeast infection, then yes, the yogurt cultures may help to bring your normal bacterial flora back into balance...but along with that, you're likely going to get too much bacterial growth and end up with vaginosis in its place a few days or weeks later.  

If you've had a yeast infection before and you are certain that's what the problem is (if you've never had one, you should also go to the doctor no matter how sure you are), save yourself the mess and possible infections and buy an over-the-counter treatment for it.  It's worth the extra couple dollars over the cost of yogurt.  
Hey! I'm facing e exact same problem as you! I'm very worried.  So have you visited e gyn?
Well some times if you leave your tampon in to long, may be your at the end and you feel you don't need to change it right away even sleep with it in there... If you let your body cleans it's self naturally your less likely to have heavy discharge. I've found instead of sleeping with a tampon, a pad is better for your flower. It is able to dispense all the lining of your uterine walls and clean out, as where a tampon holds all that in. Your vagina walls are able to contract more freely allowing a better flow.  I know it is more covenant and at times more comfortable to use a tampon, It works for me. Some times I use both. I just found that when allow my body to flush properly I have less complications.  I don't know if your using tampons, I did when I was a virgin. I had a similar experience when I was16, that was years ago. 16 at that, you will be fine. If it gets worse go and see a doctor. They can help you, that's what they want to do. They spent hundred thousands of dollars to learn how to fix you:} they don't want you to go untreated for anything that is wrong with you.  Be care how many baths you take also, and cleaning your self out with water is bad. It effects the balance of things if you do it to often.  Make sure you have your boyfriend wash his hands before you make out. Always make sure you wipe from front to back, bacteria is the leading cause in yeast infections. Bacteria is found on all kinds of things. Especially hands... :} you will be fine... Being a woman is not easy, but hang in there build a relationship your doctor. If you can't than you should look for another one. Being a women is confusing and hard enough.  
   I am 41 y old. Never had children. All of a sudden I am experiencing something similar to the above, although i have had white discharge since puberty. A whitish, string about  1mm in width and may be an inch long quite of often in my urine. Accompanying this I am having abundant acne on my face. reading the above thread I see that this is the result of hormonal imbalance. Can anybody please tell me which hormone is out of balance and what kind of hormonal profile test I should request my obgyn/endocrinologist.
   Another question for which I request answer or any info. I always had flawless skin. But at the time of my marriage (at 31 years), I was forced (for cultural reasons) to take a pill to postpone my period. I went to a doc and she gave me "Triquilar" for 15-20 days. I had never before or after this incident taken any kind of contraceptive pills. Soon after I took this I started getting loads of acne- red inflamed and painful which always left dark pigmented spots. It continues till today and my once beautiful face is now full of acne and dark spots. I dont know how to get rid of it. can anyone PLEASE tell me what can be done to correct it. I also have a feeling that I never conceived because of the hormonal imbalance created by this pill 10 years ago.

Hey it would be really helpful if someone could tell me what was going on. D:
I'm 13 and I haven't had my period yet. I got yellow discharge so I put toilet paper on the inside of my panties because wet and gross ( I didn't think there was anything wrong with it). Now I decided to stop doing that, and It seems like I am getting a light green discharge (along with yellow but they seem to be separate...) very often. I'm scared to tell my mom because she's going to haul me off to the doctor right away and I don't want my family to spend to much money for me. ( We moved and it REALLY wasn't cheap) The discharge also smells very wierd. I wouldn't say fishy, but really bad. I can't tell if it is coming from the green or the yellow. I'm scared and the yellow thing has been going on for as long as i can remember. Will this become really bad if I don't treat it? And is it bacterial vaginosis? AHH!  *scared* :(
This is insane, we all have the same symptoms greenish yellowish discharge never goes away 8 years now!. It is 7 and years that I am with  the same partner and have stopped having sex because I never feel sexy anymore. There can never be any kind relaxation because I never feel clean. I shower everyday, use only dove unscented soap, cotton underwear,  no tight pants, I have seen every single GYN and have been prescribed so many 3 day medicines, 5 day, 7 day medicines, pills, inserts. Ive grown depressed beyond words. No one has any answers. All the paps come back normal. I have not had my period in 3 years I am They say based on my blood work that I am going through menopause. But this problem came years before. I am 48 and for the life of me do not know what else to do. Please there must be some doctor out there that has the answers. There are so many of us having the same problems... Help me have a normal life...
Oh my god.. I thought I was the only one! Just like all of you, I have the green vaginal discharge that has plauged me for years. I had it maybe around 13 and told my mom about it who in turn dismissed it as normal. So I went on with life struggling with this horrible condition in secret until at 18, I decided to go to the doctor. Why it took me so long? I was too embarassed and was reassured by my own mother that it was nothing abnormal...

I came across several articles about women's health in women's magazines and decided to finally take the plunge. I did a urine test and a pap smear and told them that there was no odor, itching or pain in urination. I was prescribed antibiotics and a bottle of feminine wash. The first time. I am a virgin by the way. It did not stop so I went to the doctors again and then they diagnosed me with trich and so I got the metradinozole. Somewhere along my next visits, I got flagyl as well. But the test results were negative. It would stop for awhile then come back again. Can it be a yeast infection if the results came out negative?

And so I finally went to the OBGYN and they did the same tests and asked the same questions. I even had an ultrasound! They did not prescribe me any medication but finally told me that everything was normal.

IS IT REALLY?!

My comfort was in ignoring it and praying it would go away and believing the words of the gyno that it was all.. normal. How am I to look forward to a sex life when I'm ready? How long do I have to live with this dilemma? :'(
This may come from being dehydrated and having too much sugar and caffeine in your diet. It is sometimes a sign of diabetes. Try skipping soda, fruit juices, coffee, and tea. Drink lots of water and try meat, fish, poultry and veggies for a week. I think many of you will notice a big change.
I thought i was the only one having this condition! Thank god i found this website. I've had clear discharge since puberty- 12? I'm 15 now. and it has started turn kind of yellowish recently, probably during the start of the year.I'm really worried because most of the time, i experience itching. Sometimes, it even hurts! Also, it looks red, like it is inflamed or some thing.

I'm a virgin. Though i admit that I've done some other sexual stuff. Which is also why i am really worried. I'm frightened of going to the doctors, because i'm afraid my parents might find out, and also because i'm afraid of what might be wrong with me. I'm afraid of it being STI or whatever.

After reading up on some medical websites though, I realised that my condition might be caused by yeast infection, and all the symptoms do sound like what I am experiencing.

I'm really confused, and hope for some advice without criticism.

Please help.
Hey, I Have experianced vaginal discharge before that smellt and it was a yeast infection. You should avoid washing everyday because your washing the good bacteria away so the vagina over compensate leaving you a smelly vaginal discharge. If you are showering every day I suggest you buy a PH balenced shower gel this wont wash away the oils etc in your skin. Hope your ok....Doctors know best though. could be a number of things that can be solved by antibiotics or thrush tablets ect. x
I had yellow greenish discharge for a week now,.it smells just like urine,no bad odor but still it worries me. I feel a little itchy and have rashes. i also feel pain on my lower abdomin (abdomen).I'm not a virgin,so it scares me. I'm afraid to go for a check up also.

Please help.
I had problems when I was younger, around time I got my period (14) but didn't go to a doctor until I was 18. Since then I have been tested for everything and treated for multiple yeast infections, trich, bacterial vaginosis and even chlamydia once though was later discovered I did not have that. All treatments give me only temporory relief. I've been tested for cancer and had ultrasound. I've been to both clinics and hospitals.The final verdict, always, is that I'm actually just fine. Well I'm in my early 30's now and still have chronic, disappearing-reoccurring itching, burning and discharge in varying colors and consistency. Sex life is often horrific. Recently I got the "green booger" thing for the first time ever, accompanied by itching-burning. It went away after a day. But this is not "just fine". And I'm not interested in spending the rest of my life in and out of doctor's, I've already been through that runaround multiple times, so trying to find other ways. That "seek a doctor" advice has not worked so well for me, obviously.

It sounds like many women have these kinds of problems there should be more awareness of this.
Im pregnant and lost my muxus plug and I also have a discharge. It is white when I look through a mirror but once I whipe it with toilet paper it appears greenish or yellowish...its not itchy but iv had it all through the pregnancy...they treated me for thrush and uti that many times I have lost count and I think...because of all the medication my body just has nothing to fight bad bacteria away....what can I do to get rid of this QUICKLY??
For me, I have witheish green chunks coming out. My smells and itches..I'm embarrassed to tell anyone or get it checked. Help?
I was wondering if anyone one here has white yellowish discharge? Im 17 years old and im really nervous to go to the doctor. i have an appt. for this weekend and it is making me more and more nervous each day. i was hoping someone could give me some conforting words that something positive will come out of this....
I also have a greenish/yellowish discharge. I have had it since I was about 16. I kept going to the doctor and getting so many test's, but, nobody could ever determine what was wrong. I am 20 now and I can smell the discharge myself, but my husband says he can not. Sometimes when I wipe the discharge is so bad that it looks like i blew my nose in the tissue. I would really like to figure out what this discharge is. Thanks for posting your stories. I'm now willing to make a doctor's appointment and get this figured out.
i just wanted to share my experience.  i had the cottage cheese thing but it was also greenish sometimes, no abnormal smell.  I went to the doctor and was tested for a yeast infection, trichomonas, chlamydia and gonorrhea.  It seemed to me that she thought the green was abnormal for a yeast infection and that is why she tested for the others.  but the results were only positive for yeast  (candida) and negative for the others.  so i just thought it was useful to know that maybe yeast infections can sometimes cause the greenish color.
I have a vaginal discharge that is yellow-ish, greeninsh sort of like neon color. I have been reading your post/comments and was afraid when I heard it could be an STD/STI or HPV. Actually, I called my obg/gyn today and they got me an appointment. I have to admit it was more scary to read some of the responses to these post than seeing the gyn. It was so quick and painful. She did a test and came back positive to bacteria. I will get the lab results on Thrusday and let you know.
I was worried about this, and asked some people around me for me it turned out to just be a phase so its worth leaving it a bit!!! :D Good luck girls!
Okay, Im 16 Yrs Old
I Am A Virgin &n I Have This Yellowish-Green Discharge &n i dont have a smell nore ich . i dont know whts the problem. so when i go too a gyn . what will they do too test you ?
im very concerned &n scared...
I believe diabetes can be an issue, and regular old hyperglycemia.  I have type 1 diabetes...but I never had green discharge until I got an IUD inserted (mirena).  I have a perpetual yeast infection since...and the pale green vagina mold, even when my blood sugar is well controlled.  I cannot consume many carbs per day or I pay for it in fire pee.  I can't even have fruit, and I certainly cannot have sex.  I've been to the GYN -- tested for all things -- I think I am expected to live like this.  Having a vagina...it's become absolutely hellish.  
I have an eight month old son and have another baby that's due in November I have a yellowish green discharge that wont go away and no matter what I do I have an unpleasant odo that won't go away it doesn't itch or burn but it hurts my doc has checked me for stds and I don't have any the only partner I have ever had is my husband and we were both checked before we got married
I've been dealing with a combination of funky colored discharge, smells to no smells (usually no smell), runny discharge to textures similar to dried rubber cement for the last 7 years. I've been sexually active for a while and have seen about 8 doctors/nurse practitioners/gynecologists at hospitals, sliding scale clinics, and Planned Parenthood.  Sometimes I am diagnosed with a yeast infection, the one time BV, and most other times, they tell me everything is "perfectly fine."  A "perfectly fine" vagina shouldn't be producing rubber cement-like discharge ranging from green, grey, to light rust! Basically, every color from the rainbow has made way onto my panties. Heh.  I've been treated for the BV and yeast infections, but typically to no avail.  An interesting sidenote: one time I had a back-to-back doctor's exam (within 48 hours) and was diagnosed with yeast infection for one, then BV for the other. Both doctors stuck to their diagnoses. I treated both accordingly and nothing happened.  Aside from trying out a new diet that includes more water intake, less sugar, and less carbs, I am hoping Fem-Dophilus by Jarrow will help. Not trying to sound sell-y. I've been reading reviews from other ladies with similar ongoing problems, so I'm hoping this will work! Maybe much of it does have to do with restoring pH balance.  Fingers crossed to everyone.  
I had the lite greenish/yellowish gunk coming out of my vagina and it kind of burned and was uncomfortable to walk. I read a previous comment about using a tampon with pure pro-biotic yogurt on it and sleep with it and IT WORKED. make sure it is organic with no added flavors. I got the one with the least amount of sugars and the most good bacterias! I feel so much better today. I also went to the refrigerated section in my whole foods store and bought an expensive, but necessary supplement for women's vaginal tract. I am also eating lots of garlic and ginger to cleanse my body, and of course having a healthy balanced diet. The combination of everything good is working!
About a day or two after my husband and I had sex (a little less than a week ago), i began noticing a light greenish discharge.  I have had it before and the doctors gave me some antibiotics for what is called Vaginitis.  Currently I'm on antibiotics for something else, will this also affect Vaginitis?  I used Vagistat-1 last night and woke up to swelling and itching.  I can barely walk.  Is it safe to try Monistat so soon after taking Vagistat?  I'm lost and not sure what to do.

Does plain yogurt on a tampon really work?  How soon?  Please help.
I thought I'm the only one who is having the problem. I have been experiencing greenish/yellowish discharge since I was about 15 (still a virgin). Sometimes it does smell but most of the time it is odorless. My vagina is also does not itchy or pain (except during menstrual). It will get thicker before & after menstrual. I met a doctor once when I was 18. She couldn't tell what kind of infection it really was when I said I am virgin, that terrified me and I started to think that I am an alien. She gave me antibiotic (i don't remember what kind it was) but it didn't work. I had also tried pill for candida and it had not work. I feel a little bit relief after knowing I'm not the only one but I am too afraid to meet doctor again.
If you have any kind of infection and you have NOT seen a doctor then DO NOT take a bath! That is some of the cause of bacterial infections!  Some things you should look out for are
1.If you wear tampons
2.If you wear thongs
3.If you take baths

I used to do and use all of the above. Ever sense I stopped, I have not had a bacterial infection. When I used to get them on a CONSTANT basis.
Hello - I am experiencing the same sort of thing - light green, snot-like, discharge (the past week).  Also, a severe pain in my abdomen that is much worse during intercourse (the past two days)(I've been with the same man for 2.5 years)  I feel constipated, as well (for the past two or three days), and I got my period today (it's about a week early).  I can pee just as normal, no pain, not anymore frequent, although it has been dark.  The Green, snot-like discharge does not smell - only as smelly as the pee.  I have been drinking alot more beer than I usually do - I thought maybe it has to do with that.  I don't know - I read all the posts here - I already don't wear underwear, but only b/c I don't like them - I'm not putting yogurt in my vagina, and I don't use tampons - I use Instead Softcups.  I do have HPV, but I have no insurance, and I do not have a doctor.  I'm thinking, if I stop drinking so much beer, and start eating more healthy foods and drinking water, maybe this will clear up on it's own?  Please let me know if you have any advice - thank you!
Trichomonas: A single-celled protozoan parasite best known in medicine because one species causes vaginitis (vaginal inflammation). Infection with trichomonas (trichomoniasis) is the most common curable sexually transmitted disease (STD) in young sexually active women.) in young sexually active women. The species of trichomonas responsible for STD is Trichomonas vaginalis. The vagina is the most common site of infection in women, and the urethra (urine canal) is the most common site of infection in men. The parasite is sexually transmitted through penis-to-vagina intercourse or vulva-to-vulva (the genital area outside the vagina) contact with an infected partner. Women can acquire the disease from infected men or women, but men usually contract it only from infected women.

Men and women differ in their response to the infection. Most men with trichomoniasis have no signs or symptoms; however, some men may have an irritation inside the penis, mild discharge, or slight burning after urination or ejaculation. Many women have signs or symptoms of infection which include a frothy, yellow-green vaginal discharge with a strong odor. The infection also may cause discomfort during intercourse and urination, as well as irritation and itching of the female genital area. In rare cases, lower abdominal pain can occur. Symptoms usually appear in women within 5 to 28 days of exposure.

The genital inflammation caused by trichomoniasis increases a woman's susceptibility to HIV infection. Having trichomoniasis also increases the chances a woman can pass HIV to her sex partners. Trichomonas also affects pregnancy. Pregnant women with trichomoniasis may have babies who are born early or with low birth weight (less than five pounds).

The parasite is harder to detect in men than in women. In women, a pelvic examination can reveal small red ulcerations (sores) on the vaginal wall or cervix. Treatment is usually with the drug metronidazole given by mouth in a single dose. The symptoms of trichomoniasis in infected men may disappear within a few weeks without treatment. However, an infected man, even a man who has never had symptoms or whose symptoms have stopped, can continue to infect a female partner until he has been treated. Therefore, both partners should be treated at the same time to eliminate the parasite. Persons being treated for trichomoniasis should avoid sex until they and their sex partners complete treatment and have no symptoms. Metronidazole can be used by pregnant women. Having trichomoniasis once does not protect a person from getting it again. Following successful treatment, people can still be susceptible to re-infection. Latex condoms, when used consistently and correctly, can reduce the risk of transmission of trichomoniasis.
AN ANSWER WORTH CONSIDERING:

I just started getting the greenish yellow discharge two days ago and I've been thinking about what it could be.  I've been with the same partner for the past two years and last time I was tested I was fine.  He was tested about a month ago and he was fine as well.  So needless to say I'm confused.  
Candida --- My boyfriend has battled with a bacterial imbalance for the past five years because none of the doctors that he went to had an answer.  Just recently we both began a gluten free diet for about three weeks, which really helped him to get everything under control.  I went back to gluten for just a day and was vomiting all over the place and then the colored discharge happened.  With it came a crazy craving for sweets.   Candida may be the issue to address and I encourage everyone to try the gluten free diet and if it helps I encourage that you continue with it.  The results are great and you're overall level of energy will rise.  It may be difficult at first, but right now I'm wishing I had never turned away from it.

Candida in women
http://www.well-women.com/candida.html

Gluten Intolerance is becoming very prevalent in the U.S
http://candidapage.com/cccomp.shtml

This is a Google search for "candida and gluten free"...there are some great answers
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1C1_____enUS434US434&sa=X&ei=ZMDsTe_8EoTAgQe-2YjaCQ&ved=0CBwQvwUoAQ&q=candida+and+gluten+free&spell=1
I'm 12 years old and I haven't got my period yet and obviously I haven't had sex and if I wear underwear for an hour my underwear looks yellowish greenish,like booger green. This is a very awkward subject for me since im only 12. I told my 20 year Old sister and my Mom, and my mom is going to set a appointment for me. My lower private constantly itches and I have to pick my underwear a lot. I don't know what to do.
I have the same thing I'm afraid 2 mention it 2 my mom n the obgyn I have a checkup in august it's not any type of STD or anything is it? I dnt go on here much so txt me I need 2 no info on this b4 I say sumthn plz n thank u (716)361-4232
I lost my mom to cancer when i was 5 and its hard to talk to this to my dad, I have never had sex in my 17 years of living. I was looking on the internet but it still bothers me should i go to a doctor or should i not worry about it. Its yellow and greenish sometimes its white It kinda smells and i do have it everyday. Should i go to a doctor?
I have then same problem but only when I haven sex and have a orgasm its be thick and creamy is dat normal becuz by boyfriend says he neva a had sex with a girl and her nut be thick and creamy but there's no smell or its is not itchy and its pure white is dat normal?
I have also had the thick yellowish green discharge. It started before i was having sex.  It just got worse over the years, my husband told me to use a cleaning product, if you catch my drift, before he would go downstairs, so i did, but no help.  still had the discharge along with the nasty smell.  When i went to the doctor about it, they told me it was bacterial vaginosis.  A common problem in women.  They are not sure what causes it, but their are many simple ways of getting rid of it.  The doctors will prescribe you with either a cream that can be inserted at night, or an antibiotic.  I've had both.  It treats the problem, but doesn't prevent it from happening again.  Eating yogurt everyday will help keep the problem away, and they also say to use condoms when sexually active.  Hope this helps.
this is my first baby, and im kinda freaking out. i uses a vibrator today and when i pulled it out some light greenish came out. it dosnt smell or itch. is that bad? should i go see the Dr asap?? please help.
I currently have the same symptoms: yellow/greenish thick discharge, inflimated vulva, and horrible itching!

I went to my doctor and she checked it out.  Turns out I have YEAST INFECTION... but because of the color and the amount of white blood cells in the sample she took, I'm getting tested for chlamydia and gonorrhea as well. I hope I don't have either of those!

I waited a little too long (a week) to go to the doctor and treat my infection. Girls, do something! It's cheap at your local PLANNED PARENTHOOD.  

Remember that chlamydia and gonorrhea are both curable, but if not treated can cause infertility.
Hi everyone I'm actually sitting in the doctor's office and all your discussions help and make me a bit more relaxed about this visit! I am also experiencing some yellow-white-Light green discharge which I believe to be aggravated by my involvement in triathlon training. The discharge seems to come often after long days of training. Sweat, wet uniforms can probably aggravate the bacterial levels in the vagina. :/ not comfortable at all! ;(
I'm 13 and I've never had sex and I have white/yellowish smelly liquid stuff comeing out of my vigina (vagina), and idk what to do, I'm really scared to tell my mom cus she will think I have had sex, and this has been happening maybe 3 years at the most, I was just wondering if any of yall could give me some advice because I'm really really scared.:(
I'm 13 and I've never had sex but I have a white/yellowish liquid comeing from my vigina (vagina), and Idk wat to do and I'm too scared to tell my mom and its been happening for 3 years, will someone please help me on what I should do? Please:(
I had sex with my bf the other day and i had to stop in the middle of it coz it stated to hurt and ive been going to the toliet lots and wen i pee it hurts and my discharge has been yellow!
Justtoletyouallknowalliti,isayeastinnfectionorrwellthattswhatitsoundslikesogotoyourdocyororgototthedrugstoreandgetcanesoralutake1pillandugetvreamtotaketheitchynessandburningawayaittakesitallawayin24hoursittsverynormalforgirlstog
I had cervical cancer last year , but since then I had a discharge , it has no smell an rearly itches but the discharge it's self has become thicker and heavier turnin yellow , now it has a greenish tinge to it ? Any ideas
I was just wondering if anyone has been treated with antibiotics for Group A or B strep, staph, or ecoli infection?  I am having the same issue.  A mostly yellow, sometimes green snotty discharge with no smell.  I am breastfeeding so I know some of it has to do with my estrogen levels being low which makes you more pron to infections.  All typical tests came back as normal (no stds, no BV, no yeast).  I've been through two rounds of antibiotics and they haven't helped.  My obgyn says I am normal but I don't feel normal.  He won't test me for these other infections.  He perscribed me some strong antibiotics but it won't treat strep bacteria and I would need to stop breastfeeding to take it.  I don't want to wean my baby because I suspect it will not work.  I don't know what to do but I am determined to be tested for these other infections.  Here are the links to the articles I found.  

http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/46/10/e112.full
http://cid.oxfordjournals.org/content/44/5/e43.full
http://www.aafp.org/afp/20000515/3090.html
I have unprotected sex with my ex when me and my partner split and I have yellowy discharge and a fishy smell what could it be I'm realy scared incase its a sti because I am back with my partner and he does not no I slept with my ex :(
Where Im not happy this is happening to us, I'm relieved to know I'm not alone. It seems that the issue of the yellowish green and smelly discharge is too common of a problem for health care professionals to be clueless about a diagnosis. I hd this problem for the first time last July (2010). I had it agin during the latter part of July. I went to the doctor's and was treated for Bacterial Vaginosis (BV). Last year it went away after the first treatment of Flagell,  until a month and a half ago. I was treated again 2 weeks ago and it helped for a week and it's back. The odor is horrific and the discharge is that yellowish green color and sometimes it look like cottage cheese. My labia is swollen and itches from time to time. The discharge seeeps through my panties and to my pants and I can smell it. I also seem to have scales of skin and when I wipe. The doctor said she saw no krebs.. It looks like little pieces of dirt. I have also been wearing lace panties with the cotton crouch however the crotch isn't long enough to cover my entire vagina lenghtwise. Anotyher thing I thought about is that last year I took the 7 day treatment of Flagell and 2 weeks ago I took the two day. Maybe the longer, consistent traetment is better. All STD tests were negative also. Ladies I really hope this drives Our Ob's and nurse practitioners to further inverstigate this increasingly common issue. It's really uncomfortable and is the reason I don't like to leave the house or get too close to anyone.
I have a question wat does it mean when it smells n Yellow lookin stuff comes out... n like I waitin n waited for about 4 to 5 month. thinkin it wud clear up n it havent. I havent went to a doc are nothing!! wat should I do!!??
I notice a LARGE amount of light green vaginal discharge no oder but it is thick n has chunks in it I have filled 5 pads in 12 hrs of this im not prego n have no stds
I am going through the same thing. I'm 29yrs old and have a 6year old son.  I've been celibate for 6 yrs now (since my son was a few mths old). My sex drive is dead with a DNR note attached. I don't feel comfortable interacting with any guy more than internet chatting/telephone conversations. I have't kissed or touched a guy in 6yrs. My son's dad cheated on me numerous times with numerous partners. I found out he gave me chlamydia when I conceived. After I left him I was so paranoid about whether I had HIV or some incurable disease so I got tested for HIV twice a week every week for about a four months and then every few months over the course of the first year. Thank the Most High I didn't get HIV, but I did get an incurable disease. He had given me HPV-warts (This is the main reason I am celibate--don't want to pass it on or receive anything worse). So, I was also visiting GYN's every few months because of treatment, and other STD testing. After the treatment for chlamydia and diagnosis of HPV I haven't been diagnosed with any other STD.

One thing that did arise out of all of this was the yellowish/green discharge. GYN's have all told me that my STD results are all negative and they don't know what is causing the discharge.  At times about 1 or 2 tablespoon amounts will just drop out in clumps in the toilet or in my underwear. I describe the texture to be like wet tissue. Sometimes it is the same color as wet tissue (a little grayish) and smells like wet tissue (I've never inserted tissue in my vagina). Sometimes the texture is very liquid like and looks more yellowish--this is when it has a foul odor--not really fishy, just stank! LOL

I have been prescribed doxycyclin and cipro and other antibiotics (can't remember all of the names). I take all of the medication and for about 3 weeks it will appear that I'm clear of the discharge, then out of the blue it sarts up again and I'm spending money in the doctor's office. I have medical insurance, but how frequently I go to the GYN, my insurance only covers so much. I have to pay $45 co-pay each visit and the bill that the insurance company doesn't pay.

Most recently I went to the GYN 2 weeks ago for wart treatment, Pap smear and STD testing (blood testing as well). When I went back for the follow up treatment the STD results were in and everything was negatvie, but the pap smear results hadn't come in.  Yesterday I received a call telling me to come in because the GYN needs to speak with me about the Pap smear result. We all know that a call back regarding a Pap smear is never good. My son dad had just taken him from me in the morning, so I just told them that I don't wanna hear the results. I'd rather just let cervical cancer kill me than to undergo painful treatment.
umm i have yellow stains and sometimes it itches and smells and sometimes dont what does it mean and can i ovulate when i have yellow stains in my underwear?
So I guess I'm having the same issue. I am young and never have done anything with anybody.. I have a light yellowish/ green and it is extremely itchy in my private area. Would you suggest I see a doctor?
hullo i am also 13 and haven't had my period and obviously am a virgin, so i have the same problem, i have a yellowy cream coloured discharge and don't know what to do. I told my mum and she said she got it when she first got here period she had it too. she said she just left it and often went commando depending on what she was wearing which i don't want to do. i went and saw a doctor and she gave me some antibiotics which didn't do a thing. does any one have suggestions??
My ex girlfriend has got it, I've tried to lick her out a few times and it doesn't taste to nice anyway she went to the doctors and she had aids hope this is a big help.
Ok I'm 19 I've never had sex and my vagina has always had a weird smell most of the time I shower all the time so i know its not because I'm dirty. Also I find that this smell comes about twenty minutes after I shower and i have a thick heavy discharge (all the girls in my family do doctor said its nothing to worry about). I don't see a an obgyn because I'm not sexually active and You DON'T have to till your 21 unless you are soo please help me because this is massivley embarassing
Hi I'm 15 and I've been having this yellowish green cottage-cheese like discharge which sometimes looks like snot. It started about four days ago. It does have an odor but it smells familiar so i think it might be normal for me. I'm also a virgin, but I have spent about 6 months frequently doing other sexual activities with my boyfriend at the time (this relationship ended 5 days ago, so these 6 months of foreplay have been extremely recent).

I have been having strange symptoms for more than a year and it would be on and off. This summer, i've been getting a very weird orgasm-like feeling on my clit and it kinda feels like you have to pee and it is super uncomfortable. After a couple of weeks, the doctor told me I might have kidney infection so he gave me a week of antibiotics. I felt much better, but I was urinating much too frequently which the doctor said was not normal, even though he was sure i didn't have a kidney infection - just a bladder infection, so he gave me a different set of antibiotics.

After that, I thought I was back to normal because the symptoms were basically gone, but I have been noticing an increase in my discharge, but I thought it was just a phase.

A couple of weeks after, I saw some blood after I peed so I went to a different doctor and I had another week of antibiotics, which actually made my symptoms even worse.

And now all of a sudden, my vagina looks really red and it hurts alot and it is super itchy and I'm always having the snot-like discharge. The itching and the pain is extremely annoying. If I don't get cured for this, I might go INSANE with this frequent itching!
I ALSO DISCOVERED A GREEN DISCHARGE,NO ICHYNESS NOTHING,WAT CAUSE DAT,COZ IT DOESNT SMELL
I am SO glad I've found these comments... thinking I was the only one is just horrible, I'm 19 and a virgin (terrified to try anything with a guy because of this!!!), Ive had this as long as I can remember... definitely since I was at least 12. I've tried EVERYTHING, except a pessary thrush treatment as I have trouble using them... Oral tablets for thrush haven't worked etc etc and the discharge varies from thick white, to yellow, to a very pale green :/ Also I find when I 'air it' without underwear It causes it to stick to my inner thighs and it's unpleasant. I've done some research and I've discovered that eating carbohydrates can cause this, and Its literally all I eat so I could be onto something here... But I tried not eating any for two weeks (or sodas or sugary foods) and it didn't seem to help and I just gave up- there seems to be no answer! I also have the showering problem- it seems when I shower it may get rid of the smell temporarily but after showering it still smells after about 10 minutes- but a slightly different smell.
fffffff help us.
that happened to me after a gy **** im my vagina
I been having yellow and green thick discharge in my underwear. it doesnt itch but it smells. Im scare to tell my mom, she'll think i did it with someone. I havent done it. I had it for like two years. Im scared that its serious. what should i do? :(
If it is a yeast infection, a bubble bath would be the worse thing to do.  You can google that as that is where I read about it.  
I am 33 years old have a terrible smelly discharge from my vagina. It has been like that since I was a small child. My mom took me to the dr to have it checked out at an early age. Because I was so young, all they did was swab me with a Qtip, and send it to the lab. The results came back normal, and free of infection. They showed me how to wash properly, assuming thats what the problem was. Well it wasn't. From that time on, I would put toilet paper in my panties so that my mom didnt know that the issue was still in existence. Now as an adult, I take multiple showers a day due to the smell. I have abnormal paps because I have pollycystic ovarian syndrome, and I also have precancerous cells. Neither one of wich cause odor or discharge. I did have contract chlamydia some years ago, and was treated, but as I said, this has been going on long before I even knew what sex was. If anyone has any ideas to what this may be, please help. This is very embarrassing and I often have to sit with my legs tightly closed. I can't even wear skirts due to the odor seaping out, and my sex life is almost non existent!
im only 12 and i haver this... im embarresed to tell my mom but i rlly want to!!! im  kinda nervous... what should i do???
Hi there! I have the same problem as most of you shared. I had been noticing this thick green discharge that sometimes smells really fishy especially if I wear fitted jeans. I but sometimes it doesn't have any foul odor at all. I'm kinda worried and scared. I am actively engaged in sex w/ my boyfriend for two years. This is the first time I experienced such yucky discharge that makes me feel uncomfortable.
I also have a yellowish green discharg and sometimes ichy but it does not smell do I have an infection
It seems like it could be a yeast infection, it might be scary to ask a doctor, But better than not talking to a doctor about it to get rid of it,
well if ur a virgin, u need not worry. i have always had green booger looking discharge and my doctor told me its nothing to worry about its actuall a sign of high firtility and she was right i have two kids now and didnt take me long to concieve (conceive) either one. however i do get bacterial vaginosis often but i think thats down to sexual intercourse and i get thrush a lot too.
hi everyone! today i put on a fresh clean underwere and when i went to the bathroom it was a kind off green turquise colour myh discharge is normal it dose a bit smell but its my underwear that alarmed me has anyone had this problem green underwere?? please help
Hi everyone, I read this post recently as I too have had on off odourless green/yellow vaginal discharge for years.  The docs couldn't find a problem, antibiotics didn't help and it was driving me crazy.  
Finally, I have found a solution.  My mum has always sworn by Apple Cider Vinegar, she drinks a tablespoon in water every day and is as fix as a fiddle.  I told her my problem and she suggested I add 2 cups of vinegar to a bath and sit with my legs up for 15mins.  I did that for 3 nights in a row and it WORKED!!  No more discharge.  If you try this its best to use organic Apple Cider Vinegar with the mother (health food shops stock it and will explain what mother is). Google it, you'll find heaps of sites with info on this stuff.  Hope this helps!!  
I've been dealing with same thing, except on and off smell. For about two years. I tried yeast infection over the counter stuff, and it worked for a bit, I was also diagnosed with Bacterial Vaginosis, but the medicine he gave me didn't really clear my symptoms. I've also had redness around the vulva/clitoris area, and I've brought it up to him multiple times but he beats around it and started me on birth control. Its slowed down the amount but so far, nothing has changed drastically. I have had sex since then, and oral and my bf says I taste fine. But after sex is when most of the discharge increases. I try to google and look threw forums to figure out what is going on with my body, and have been tested for stds (which all have came up negative multiple times) but still nothing. I tried wearing looser clothes too, and dresses as much as possible. But I STILL deal with it. I would say go to a doctor as much as possible till your symptoms clear, cause right now I'm annoying the hell out of my gbyn, but it is embarrassing, and makes us women feel self conscious, especially when you don't know whats going on.
I've also had pelvic pain with my symptoms and still no answers.
Does it really works?? Doesn't it burn? I would like to try it, but I can't have a bath because the bath tub thingy to close the hole is gone lol so i only have showers..  any idea? But thanks I'll try to think of a way lol
i'm 15 and i am a virgin. today i have noticed that there is this really bright yellow gew coming from my vagina and it smells really bad and i'm really worried. can someone please help me?
hey i have the same
Eat 2 cups of plain yogurt a day, take showers as opposed to baths because sitting in the tub can allow bacteria to travel up the vagina and give a super infection because of the amount of bacteria on the floor when we are barefoot, then we step into the tub and there may be bacteria lingering in the tub from a previous bath.  Also wearing cotton underwear with a pantyliner to track color and odor and also change the liner keeps the odor off underwear and off you. If this doesn't work, then a remedy to clear things up is a teaspoon of Tea Tree oil in a cup of distilled or purified water as a douche once a day for 6 days should clear up d/c problem.    
My friend has this watery green discharge and a rash that constantly comes and goes away when she has her period but reappears again after she's had her period and shez been to the clininc like twice and this still won't go away. Please help me help my fiend.
To " clear " out the semen after sexual intercourse, you are supposed to urinate right after sex. before too actually. Also what you are describing is a bacterial infection. harmless as it is just an overabundance of bacteria already present in the vagina, or a yeast infection that has progressed. But no matter which one it is you are not supposed to soak in hot water. washing frequently and avoiding irritating or perfumed scents is a must but bathing provides a nice warm moist environment which helps the infection grow. It may help the smell but is actually making it worse. Go to the doctor and get it diagnosed and get either a cream which you insert and pills you can take and its gone in 5 days. There are natural remedies as well but depending on your body and progression of the infection might not work as well.
what did your doctor tell you? i have the same problem and im freaking out O:
Hello.  I have been having this green yellow discharge with a horrible odor.  I finally went to the doctor today she told me I have an STD called trichomonas!  She says there is no other way to get it but through sex.  Me and my husband have been together for 18 years and have never had any issues.  I really don't believe that he would cheat on me and when I told him what the doctor said he was very upset.  I truly believe him when he says he has not cheated on me.  So there has got to be another way to contract this disease, I am just wondering if anyone else has had anything similar to my situation?
you are ignorant.  and talking bad things into your own life.
I been having a green pus coming down,and it itches a lot nd smells a lot when I shower I take it all out cause theirs a lot in there,what do you think it could mean? I hope its nothing too bad that can affect me when I want to have kids.
I have yellow-greenish discharge and I had sex 3 days ago I also just got off my period right before I had sex.  it doesn't itch and it doesn't smell.
What could this be?
i have the same problem but i havent had a period for 3 months now i feel like am so swelled up like a bollon am about ready to pop. am nt prego. my stomick hurts bad. and ive been throwing up. i just had a pap done and when i got home i started to have this yellowish smelly stuff come out? i dont have an std. so whats wrong with me ? and i do not itch down there  
I had the exact same thing! After several visits to different doctors, it turned out to be a yeast infection. They've tested me for EVERYTHING over the course of 6 months!!!! The specialist I finally saw said that he sees discharge turn bright yellow and green with a yeast infection more often than people realize. It was really scary, but I'm glad I got it checked out!!! You just have to be careful and get it checked by a doctor, because there are STDs that have the same symptoms, and you want to rule those out!!!
Hello I really need some one to help me, I have green snotty looking discharge. And I don't no what it could be, I don't have no bed smell or itching just the discharge... Could some one please help me!
In January I had sex with a guy I hardly knew..we did use condoms. A couple of days later we had sex again and we used condoms again.
A week after I got this really bad vaginal itch with what looked like cottage cheese discharge with a strong vaginal itch that was driving me nuts. I went to the store and bought Vagisil and it cleared up.
For the past month I have a mucus like yellowish-greenish cottage cheese vaginal discharge. I have done some research regarding this issue and everything I have read eighter says that it could be Chlymedia or BV. I made an appointment with a Doctor. I'm not sure if I had an allergic reaction to the condoms or what it could be. I'm very anxious to go to the Doctors office on Thursday and find out what it coul Be
Long thread and many comments.  Almost exactly same issues as the original poster of this article.  It would be more helpful if people reported what their doctors are saying.  To that end, this is what my doctor (GP) believes:

Either injured muscles in the area, tightness due to poor posture, recent intense activity or stress to that area.  But the sensation is not normal, even for muscle injury.  There is something going on to the nerve itself.

It could very well be DDD - Degenerative Disk Disease.  Look it up.  Disk gets think/weak and stars pressing on your nerve cause anything from tingling/numbness to pain etc.  And due to the area that people describe symptoms, like mine..likely a disk in your thoracic region or lower cervical spinal region.  I will need to get an Xray or MRI to confirm.

I think in many  cases it might end up being DDD, which is not that uncommon in between 20-40 year olds. The problem with it just being tight muscles is that they don't typically pinch the nerves, the compression is coming from the very narrow space that is available to the nerve as it exists the spinal column.  So even a relatively small narrowing as a result of a disc loosing its cushioning ability can impinge the nerve.  Think of when you really have injured/pulled a muscle or even torn one.  How many times can you recall having a tingling sensation that comes and goes randomly but is consistent for weeks to months or more?  The reason is that muscle problems don't typically impact or impinge nerve function.

Take care and see what your doctors think of that possibility, please post feedback here.  I am actually very surprised that very few doctors (where people have posted their comments) have suggested that DDD is a strong possibility.

Cheers
JCDD
sorry everyone, don't know how to delete posts.  I posted to wrong forum
I know it's been years since your comment about this "discharge", but I wanted to let you know that I searched because I, too, have repeated "chronic" bouts of this stuff and it drives me CRAZY! I have bought a vaginal test (home kit) for PH and it tells you based on your PH what it might be. Although my PH was 6.5, my gyno actually did her thing at the visit I had to make, and she said it was BV, not Trich.  I am divorced, with NO sexual contact in over 7 years, and still I get it! I wear loosely fitted clothing AND cotton panties! Go figure! I don't take baths cuz I am in a wheelchair, so I have to "sponge bath" and I don't even use the same wash cloth 2x in a row! I wish I didn't have to continuously use the Metrozonale (sp) and the 2nd script that follows that after 5 days all the time, cuz I end up using pantyliners for both reasons! I hate that too because I had a complete hysto (don't take hormone therapy) so I thought all those feminine product buys were over!  Oh well.  If you found out anything in the past years to help, I'm all EARS!  Thanks.
E1 m experiencin d same prob..m having a
greenish yellow discharge..bt it dsnt smell lik
nythng..m 25 yrs old n nt sexualy active..bt my discharge make my vagina itchy..m rly scared..plz hlp
bubble baths are bad for your flora in the veejay-jay are
OMG girls i've been feeling the same... I don't know what to do anymore :(
Im 25 yrs old and Ive been having this problem since forever... probably 3 yrs ago... Im tired of going to the doctor just to tell me to use Miconazole every time i go... Which it works for a couple of weeks but the discharge comes back :( To top it all I'm now 16 weeks pregnant and im still having this problem... Im so worried about my unborn baby... Tmrw i have my doctors app lest see what happens...
IF you guys ever find a solution to this problem please send me an email to ***@****... THank you very much!!!
  I am 13, I have been getting a yellowy greenish (more green) discharge also it has small green things in it........ I am scared. I live with my dad because me and my mom ARE not close at all. I don't want to go to the doctors because my dad would have to take me. I have NOT gotten my period yet, but have been getting the discharge for over a year and a half, I tried talking to my friends but they all have had their periods but I have not they say that I should just go to the doctors.......

Lately I have been getting cramps and they go away pretty quick. I need to know what is happening:
-Am I going to have to go to the doctors?
-Is it different that I have been getting discharge for OVER a year and a half(1 year and a 1/2)

I read most comments and researched everything.
   I live in a house with boys... only boys. I need help!
What about discolored discharge?  Will that clear up as well?

I've been having an issue with my discharge and I've been to the Doctor and he didn't exam me but he said it was probably a UTI and gave me antibiotics.  It cleared up for about 1-2 weeks and came back.  7 months before that doctor appointment I went to my gyno and she gave me all the tests and said I was fine.

I wear cotton underwear but after having my son 1 1/2 years ago I gained a lot of weight and I've been wearing panties that about a size or to too small.  I'm thinking that's my problem.

Any thoughts?
WRONG!! Never take baths when you have a vaginal infection. The soap and bubbles are bad for it, just like douching. Take a shower and use NON SCENTED soap and a clean cloth to clean that area.
So I am sexually active , with my boyfriend of a year ... We have been sexually active for awhile . But all of the sudden I have had this very light yellow-ish odorless discharge & it's not "clumpy" it's sort of runny , I just started birthcontrol , but from what I read this birthcontrol causes a lot of problems - like not stopping pregnancy !! But along with the discharge I have very cloudy urine , plus some soreness down there . But we have both been checked ! This has only been going on for a few days , & I haven't had sex since because its painful . What could it be ?
i have the same experience, i noticed it last december 8 2012 i don't know if it's long time ago because same as you, i ignored it thought that it's normal, i notice that i have unusual vaginal discharge its yellow green in color i can't explain the odor but it's not smelly.. and also its watery.. so i have to wear pantyliner so it can not get through my shorts/pants. im really scared to this,, it feels like i have menstruation coz my lower abdomen have a liitle pain and may flank area.. im not sexualy active though. should i see the doctor now? im scared to found out the result..
wow, until now i thought i was abnormal to be having this vaginal issue for long long, but after reading the comments here, i realize it's so common!...vaginal itching, burning and white-yellow odorless discharge.
I'm 13 and my discharge I green Nd down there is itchy.it smells also I'm scared but don't want to tell anyone,not even my mom.any  Suggestions?Please!
you are suppossed to go and get a pap smear every year but only once you have been sexually active!
NOT before! and even then some offices wont give you a pap smear is you are under 21!
it's so annoying! i am 20 years old, i've had one pap smear which came back abnormal and i went to get another one and they denied me one even though my previous one was abnormal just because i was not atleast 21!
I think a lot of what folks are describing is a yeast infection (girls--just taking birth control alone can deplete good bacteria and set you up for yeast infection,) or BV, or HPV for those who are sexually active.

What I have not seen posted on this thread much is HPV which is widely misunderstood and VERY rampant.  I have seen statistics say something like 80% of women over the age of 30 have it.  It can cause itching, little red bumps, redness around opening of vagina, swollen areas (technically 'warts' but look like raised areas of more light colored skin tags around opening,) and thick cottage cheese like dicharge.  You can come back as being "negative" for STD tests but still have HPV.  Basically, I have read that if you are a sexually active adult to expect to have HPV.

My holistic doctor recommends flushing out the vagina with water daily or twice daily if there is discharge or yeast suspected.  (You have to get a specific plastic bag with tube you can insert inside the vagina, sometimes they have these at pharmacy for "home enemas" but you can use it for vagina instead.)  When candida "die off" like if you are taking Diflucan, it produces a discharge that causes itch.  

Definitely avoid sugar and take probiotics.  If folks suspect it's HPV, I'd take 1500mg lysine at night.  Not sure if folks know, if you ever feel a cold sore coming on, take 1500mg lysine and it will go away in 5 days, something about lysine helps with virus, so that's why I'm suggesting it here, see if it helps reduce your symptoms.  The running theory on HPV is basically the symptoms will go away with time, but you need to see doctor if you see any skin tag/wart/growths and they get bigger as you can put acid on them to make them dissolve and you want to go to the gyn to make sure it's not an infection.

I am 36 with no kids and have this snotty green discharge now for 8 years.  I have tried everything,  from taking antibiotics, vaginal jels, rephresh, ladybalance, accupunture, herbal remedies, natural yohurt, apple cider vinegar, garlic and nothing works.  I had spear tests and swap tests and everthing is fine there.

Is there a CURE anyone ???
i am 27 years old. im having  light green yellowish discharge it was white in colour in the beginning. the discharge started after antibiotic course. i thought it is candidiasis,  and used fluconazol for 1 month 1 capsule per week but it didnt get better. im still having this and im very tense please help me.
Bubble baths can cause yeast infections, if taken to often, because it causes an unbalance of normal flora.