Yesterday an oily, brown, liquid started coming from my anus. It smells...

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Yesterday an oily, brown, liquid started coming from my anus. It smells really bad.

This is really embarrassing but I need to know what's wrong with me.

I'm really scared and also confused. I felt liquid seeping into my panties yesterday and I just assume that I must have just started on my period. I went to the bathroom to check and found a brown stain on my panties. To make matters worse it smelled really bad like feces. I then realized I had to go to the toilet and when I did, I saw a thick oily brown substance coming down from my anus. I ended up taking a number two but then the oily substance and smell was still on my skin so I had to take a shower to get rid of it.

It then happened to me again this morning. The same discharge came from my anus and I noticed the smell at first. I ended up pooping again and after wiping it, the smell and oily substance was still on my skin once again. To get rid of it, I had to also take a shower again.

I am scared to death. I don't know what's wrong.

I'm not sure it this has anything to do with it but I realized I haven't pooped for awhile and that sometimes I hold it back for a few hours while I'm at a public place like school or when I'm asleep.
Could it be from something new you have eaten/drank recently??
Have you had anal sex recently?  It might be an infection from a partner.
I don't think I ate anything weird. I did have Clam Chowder though.

And no i didn't have anal sex.
Do you drink alot of sugared drinks- like soda or juices? My husband actually had a similar problem. He quit drinking juice, and the problem stopped. You really should evaluate your diet. Are you getting enough fiber?
no
You're not taking any diet pill or fat blocker are you?  That could be a cause.
^^I agree..I know someone who had a similar problem (although I won't say who, DH would kill me, LOL) and he did not drink enough water or eat a lot of fiber, and drank a lot of caffinated drinks, and had brown goo stuff come from that area..Once he bumped up the water & fiber it really wasn't an issue any more~
yeah i have been drinking a lot of sunny d lately..could that be it?

and i haven't drank a lot of water lately either.

it happened again today but it doesn't smell anymore though. it's just kinda orange and oily.
the sunny D could do it. try and lay off of it for a week or so and see if there is any improvement.
ok
I think you should talk to your doctor about it if it happens again.
btw i hadn't had my period for awhile too.

the last i had it was feb 2.

could it be related? or is it just the caffeinated drinks?
WHen was the last time you had a normal bowel movement?  If you are the type to hold it in you could just be really consitpated.  The oozing as gross as it is happens sometimes from just being really bunged up.  I would eat some prunes and have a couple of cups of black coffee with tons of water that day and see what happends.  If it has been more than four days since the normal BM give it two with the prunes and if nothing changes go see your Dr as you may just need something stronger.  Don't hold it in if you have to go.  Women are terrible for holding both #1 & 2.  We are just heading for trouble though
Did you ever find out what the cause was? I'm having exactly the same problem and I'm worried

it's due to you insides being irritated. Holding crap in will irritate you and this discharge is a form of lubricant to help pass it.
it's form of lubricant when your insides are irritated, like holding in crap.
It's probably because you have a bowel obstruction and the fecal matter (oily brown ooze) is squeezing it's way around it.  You may need a product to clean you out from the inside (basically a liquid that doesn't get absorbed (hypertonic) by the gut and causes diarrhoea) or you need an enema.  Then you need to address any dietary issues ie you need a diet high in fibre including lots of fruit, vegetables and grains.  You also need to have plenty of water (best for hydration).  Things like coffee and other drinks containing caffeine actually cause you to lose water (although still have some sort of hydrating effect, just not as good as water).

If it keeps reoccurring then you need to go and see a doctor in case it it something more sinister.
Same thing happened to 3 members of my family (although there was no smell, and it was only in our urine) and we narrowed it down to a cake we got from chinatown in NYC.
We only peed this orange/brown oily substance after consuming this cake.
It could definitely be something you ate.
We think it must be some kind of chemicals in the cake that screws up your system.
what should i do if it happens ? is it dangerous ? please help .
Before we look into other causes, can we rule out the obvious... that it is santorum?  

hi, im currently 16 and I have IBS and this has been happening to me for the past 16 years almost everyday, basically my whole life. having this has ruined my social life, i want to get rid of this, 6 weeks ago i started college and i want to get rid of it even more now.PLEASE HELP