abdominal movement, but not pregnant...possible ectopic??

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

I'm new to the site, so please bear with me.....September 1, I had severe abdominal pain, so bad I was blacking out & very nausious...later that day, I was spotting (mucousy)...Dr. sent me for a cat scan. It didn't show anything except some free fluid in my pelvis. One dr. was concerned about ectopic, another said it may have been a cyst that burst or a thrombosed vein. my abdomen was sore for a few days, but only spotted for about 12 hours. I did a hpt just in case & it was negative. I am now on birth control to stop my periods, but I am still spotting irregularly. NOW.....for a few weeks there has been consistent movement in my abdomen....just to the right side of my belly button. It's happening everyday, but some more than others. I took another hpt...negative again. I have heard of abdominal pregnancies....should I be worried about this? What could the movements be from? Please help me relieve my mind.
If there is constant "movement" in your abdomen that is due to pregnancy, the pregnancy would be so far advanced that a pregnancy test would be positive.  An abdominal pregnancy is extremely dangerous and would need to be diagnosed immediately.

Go back to the doctor to find out what's going on, and to just be sure it's not that.  But I doubt it.
after i had my daughter i realised that gas pains sometimes feel like the baby moving around, but ectopic pregnancys are nothing to play around with, you should see your doctor and request a blood test to be sure......best of luck to ya
thank you for the responses....I think I will call the gyno to be sure.