Women's Health Community
abdominal pain after hysterectomy
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

abdominal pain after hysterectomy

I had a hysterectomy on 9/11 of this year and about a week ago I started having severe abdominal pain. I went to the doctor for my post-op visit and I found out I had a bladder infection. I took Cipro for 7 days along with Ibuprofen 600 and I'm still having pressure at the end of urinating. The pain is controllable with the Ibuprofen. This abdominal pain was the reason I had the surgery. Is this pain normal at this time in recovery or should I be concerned that it may be something else? If it is normal, how long is the typical recovery?
Related Discussions
4 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
I had a TAH on 8-15 sorry i can't say i had your problem but if you go to a site called hysterhangout i know there are ladies there that have had the same problem.
Blank
It's more than likely scar tissue forming,and it could be binding your organs together.
Blank
I had an abdominal hysterectomy 3.5weeks ago and within the last week I have been having severe abdominal pain and I also noticed something that feels like a small pouch of fluid in my lower left quadrant not too far from my incision site.  Could that be blood pooling in that area?
Blank
i had a partial hyst in feb and and just recently noticed some spotting and lower left abdominal pain on and off could it be that i am pregnant
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Women's Health Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank