abdominal pain during sex

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

abdominal pain during sex

Lately during intercorse i have been feeling a bad pain on the side of my stomach.... i've never felt that before. Sometimes i do experience vaginal pain... dont know if thats normal either... You all should know that i have been sexually active for seven years and never experienced this pain. Two times that i can recall i actually had to stop having sex and i must have layed curled up for about 1 hour untill the pain went away.... then my boy friend getting mad at me saying that it never happened before, that i must be doing sometiong different or having sex with another person.... And i dont have to lie to you guys about anything... im complaetely faithfull im only having intercorse with one person.
It may be a cyst on your left ovary. And the pain could be from putting pressure on the cyst. You should go to your gyno and have him/her take a look. If it is be careful, I had one rupture once during sex and it was extremely painful. I had to go to the ER and they did a lot of bloodwork to ensure that I was not hemorrhaging from it.
oh my.... question? When you had a cyst rupture did you feel a pain in you anal? Not to be nasty but when i was having sex and i started to get that stomach pain on the side, i stopped and it kinda felt like my anus was hurting and the inside of stomach. It was crazy pain. Like i explained i was curled up in a ball for about an hour... i couldnt even have walked if i tried....and then when i finally could walk it felt like the pain was still there but was calming.

thanks so much for your advice? Maybe it is a cyst then... it doesnt seem to go away
was it like a lower back pain? if it was that is asociated with cysts too, thats where my cousin described her pain and she ended up having a cyst.
hope you get better!
i did also have a lower back pain. when i go to the dr. do i just ask to be checked out of a cyst? Because right now i dont have insurance and when i go to the doctor they dont really wanna see me they just wanna get me in and out. should i ask for a certain test or just to check for a cyst on my ovaries right?
By the way thanks alot. it is really scary going through things and not knowing what is happening and stuff.  really greatly appriatiated.
-Heather