abnormal labia size

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

abnormal labia size

My 11 year old daughter started going through puberty and she is  developing breasts and getting pubic hair ....but what bothered me was when she showed me her vaginal area because she was concerned about the size of her labia(inner vaginal lip) the right side seemed to hang quite a bit lower than the left and hung outside of the inner lips...I assume it is hormones and is fine...but is it normal??
That's absolutely normal! I wouldn't worry about it at all.
Hiya.. I am soo worryied, i have a 'dangly' bit down below.. the only way i can describe it is like the floppy thing on a chickens head.. which sounds funny but its making me feel like a freak, i have compared it to pictures & its nothing like any iv seen..
eww you have hammy.
i know a girl who has that in my year/
yuk
dangle berry HAM
There is absolutely NO NORMAL for this part of the female anatomy. Its also extremely common to have one breast be a bit larger than the other. DO NOT compare yourself or anyone else to photos. or movies of others. We are ALL unique!!!!! Also, since she is just starting puberty there is a good chance both sides will level out eventually but she may never be quite the exact size on both sides.
Good Luck
OMG I am 13 and I have exactly the same issue. It's the inner right one that sort of...dangles further out that all the others. Eugghh I hate it:/
Apparently it isn't that bad or anything, because loads of people have stuff like that, but it can be hard wearing swim suits or bikinis because of this bulge *shudder*
TELL HER NOT TO WORRY:))