abortion at 4 weeks pregnancy

This patient support community is for discussions relating to women's health issues, including bone health, gynecologic cancers, genetic testing, heart disease, infectious diseases, work issues, mammograms, reproductive health, sexuality, domestic abuse and sexual violence.

abortion at 4 weeks pregnancy

i am suspecting that im 4 weeks  pregnant. but i want to do abortion, so is ther any problems to do DNC after 4th weeks?plz help me out with ans.
Girl girl girl,  find another forum to write on about abortion.  You will get some nasty responses.  This is a pregnancy forum.  Women here are trying to have babies (healthy babies)..Most of us do not believe in abortion.  I am totally against it so there for I am just going to help you out by saying find another forum.
It`s too early. You should wait. You can make abortion (DNC) until 10 week od pregnancy counting from the last date of menstrual cycle.
no one be nasty to her... just tell her to go to another a site.. some people just dont reaslize what kind of forum they are one.

nowsin.. go to another site please.. very one here wants healthy pregnancys.
Why do you say 4 weeks is too early??  Are you suggesting that she give this baby MORE time to grow and develope BEFORE MURDERING it.  Wow, great advice!!

kirby26 - Why should we have compassion for her, when she has NONE for her unborn baby?  
she hasnt even commented back since her post... she may have taken the adivce and left the forum.. like i said before, maybe she didnt know that everyone was against abortion. when you go into the forum it doesnt say WOMAN ON HERE ARE STRONGLY AGAINST ABORTION.. it says.. pregnancy woman 34 and under. I just hate how everyone attacks ppl on here.. its stupid and immature.
"stupid and immature"????  For being compassionate about the life of a baby?  
no ... for fighting, when the person isnt even on here anymore. it could have been a fake poster. im not responding to this post anymore.. its not worth it.
I hope you realize that by the time you find out your are pregnant, your baby most likely has a heartbeat. I don't understand how anyone can purposely stop the beating of a heart and not call it murder. JMO

I agree with the others...you should find another forum. this just isn't the place for these types of questions.
that is what kirby is saying.  this is not a place for perosnal opinion arguments.  it is to help others not attack them.  i think the fact that kirby nicely asked her not to post this question was the best thing instead of people getting all hyped up and angry.  Anger is not the way to go and does not get us very far.  
Just keep in mind the hormones that are flying all over this forum.  =)

I was not trying to twist this back on you, please don't think that.

I understand that bickering gets old, but you can't stop the strong feelings on abortion that most of us feel.  We cannot mask it, or hide it, it needs to be released.
You can't stop people from voicing THEIR opinion.. just like you just voiced YOURS.  This is an OPEN forum.

No need to get angry, you are doing the SAME THING that you wanted to STOP.  
There is an abortion forum on MedHelp.  I strongly advise that you go there for your questions about this topic.
Seems to me that lately there are alot of posts related to this,having an abortion.i personally think these people are posting things like this for a response from us all.which clearly they are getting.ive answered many in the past but dont bother now,if people post replys,it just fuelling the fire,so to speak,i also assumed from this girls other posts she wanted to be pregnant but was worried about cysts..i dont know.i have visiting this site for a while now,its slowly becoming the stage that i cant tell truth from fact.which is such a shame.
I agreee with you, the fact that these posts keep on coming proves one thing....as long as women keep on responding to these posts, especially with such emotion and passion, then these posts will keep on coming,  ladies, i know this is a sensitive subject, and im not even going to tell you that you should be nice, but if you TRULY want to see these posts stop, you really need to stop responding to them.  The people that do this get off on the rage that this  topic produces.  Being that this topic is not one that fits inder the pregnancy format, it does not warrant a response.  Not even a "go to another forum"...just ignore it, they will stop when they see there is no more entertainment to be had from it.
id just like to say its very hurtful to post something about chosing to have an abortion on a fourm of women who very much want to have babies and are having trouble... I  miscarried a baby that was planned and very much wanted and to read something like this makes me sick.  Please fins another fourm
I agree with Kirby and Tarajanes-most of these are fake posters trying to get all your panties in a bunch.  Simply reply "go to another forum!"
I appreciate that many women on this forum have strong one sided views on abortion but i too agree that if people dont have any consructive advice to provide they should move onto the next post.

I found out i was expecting on 27th December to an ex partner who has done nothing but use me fos s*x, hurt me mentally and physically and publically humiliate me since we broke up last year.

I have no shame in admitting that i booked in for a termination on the 8th January as i saw i had no other choice.

Thankfully, i changed my mind before going ahead with the procedure and am now 10 weeks 4 days and cant wait to hold my little bundle of joy. I too have had a miscarriage and i know the heartache it causes but i also have friends who have had terminations because mentally they couldnt cope with having a child at this time in their lives.

I know there are 'other options' as people keep pointing out but to carry a child and give it up after 9 months would be near on impossible for any woman and whilst i commend those who manage it, it is not something i even considered when i found out i was pregnant, it would cause even further heartache to many people who in some cases are at the lowest point in their lives.

I know many people here look down on termination, and whilst i am glad i didnt go through with the procedure i dont think any one of us has lived a perfect life without making a single mistake.

It is a decision women will have to live with for the rest of their lives and i truly believe they suffer in silence in fear of the response they will get if they were to admit it and look for support.

If these sort of posts upset people they should refrain from responding. It is not fair to kick people when they are down, regardless of any silly choices they may have made.

I am sorry for your loss.  I am very glad that you decided to let the baby that you are carrrying have a life.  You chose to give life to your little one, and I am sure it was a difficult decision for you.  At the time you conceived did you know your ex was using your body for "sex"?  Because that is what you chose to do with your body at the time of conception.  It is great that you found the courage to create a life that you will be responsible for for the rest of your life.

Most of us on this forum chose to have babies by having sex with a partner that we CHOSE.  

I do not see voicing your opinion about abortion as kicking someone when they are down.  Were they "down" when they decided to have sex, the act that led to conception?  Most of them CHOSE to have sex.

Bottom line, you women cannot expect that everything will be hunky dorey here when someone posts about aborting a baby.  No matter how much you post about how wrong it is.  It is our CHOICE to VOICE our opinions, just as it is THEIR CHOICE to ABORT their baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
My ex and i were together for 3 years and parted in March 07. After this he continued to come back to me and believeing that he still cared for me, and being madly in love i welcomed him with open arms.

I was so deluded that even when he slept with my best frined and claimed it was a "mistake" i took him back, excuses and all.

Its taken the shock of this pregnancy to give me the kick up the butt i need and get my life in order. I am 20 years old, have just left uni and am in the middle of joining the police, which i fully intend to carry on with.

However in my circumstances many girls would have proceeded with the termination, and i wouldnt have judged them for it.

I honestly cant wait to have this baby and shower ihim/her with all the love and affection i can possibly give him/her. S/he will have a mummy that loves her more than anything else in the world but many women are not mentally in a position to be able to do that.

Many women are left so low where men are concerned, many the victims of rape or mental and physical abuse. I dont think it is our place to judge them.

As my mum always said, if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.
I have been on B/C for 5 years and have fallen pregnant twice. My aunt had all 4 of her children on the pill.BC is not infalible.

I am not ashamed to say i booked in for a termination. I was an emotional wreck and it seemed like the only way out. Until you are in that situation you will never understand,

In the past year i have suffered from gynocological problems, a serious operation, a breast cancer scare, a mega relationship breakdown and betrayal by my best friend and partner.

I took precautions and it still happened - now that it has and i have sought help and support i am overjoyed. I had my scan on wednesday and my little ones pic sits pride of place on my bedside table.

Some women though dont have the chance to get help and support, for some people there may seem no other way

Here we go again!!!!!!!LOL
i am not sure why you are attacking me, since i DID NOT voice my opinion in the least bit, that is why people on here do not know whether i am pro life or pro choice because that is my privacy and i keep it that way.  All i said is i agree with kirby that people should not open the link then if they are all gonna fight about it.  i can see if people want to get into heated arguments in person but this is over the computer and nothing will be accomplished from it!  
This is for everyone who is saying, "Don't open Forum."  "If you don't have anything nice don't say it."  "Ignore the post."  If yall don't care then why the hell are you even opening the post to type that...******* retarded.  You are showing your oinions just as everyone else is showing theres.  Yall are the ones starting the whole argument anyway.  If yall wouldn't open the post and type that **** then everything would be ok.  If the original poster didn't like what we had to say then they would move on and seek help elsewhere..Right??...That's what I thought.  We who are stongly againt abortion are voicing our opinion as we are free to do.  Yes, you are free to voice yours too by telling us ignore the post but hey don't tell us to quit voicing ours because you don't like what we say...Anyone who is saying ignore the post are the ones getting their panties in bunch....If you really think about what I am saying you will see I am right.
Okay, I'm a bit confused.  your pregnancy is ectopic?  I see you have another post that says you have a 4 week ectopic pregnancy. i mean if it's ectopic then the doctor will tell you what they have to do...
i agree with miko... i thought i was the only one that noticed that she had posted that also? they will do what they need to do...
Well I have seen similar posts previously with very similar response from others... I have always read but did not respond....
The way I understand this forum is that if people have concerns then they would ask for HELPFUL opinions.... If I can not be of help to them i.e. in this situation against abortion to start with then don't have much help to offer hence would IGNORE the post just like any other posts which I don't have any helpful opinion to add or doesn't interest me. I am not here to teach people principles or judge any personal decision which they may have made... they are entitled to ask questions which may be irresponsible.... its their question if I don't like i wouldn't get involved...  If I find offensive or illegal posts on this forum then I would report them to medhelp.

When i post a question I would expect helpful opinions/inputs and not to be criticized about what I have posted... So I really hope I would see this kind of posts ignored in future if people do not want to encourage them.

I'm sorry to get involved with this post, but nowsin posted yesterday the doctor told her she had ovarian cysts and posted twice asking the question could that mean she is pregnant.  She never responds back to anything posted.  Today she posts she has an ectopic pregnancy and never responds to answers she gets, then she posts that she wants to abort at 4 weeks.  I think nowsin is just a joke and is playing this along as far as she thinks she can take it.  If it is not a joke, I would sure like to see nowsin respond to the feedback. She is actually coming off as a very uneducated moron.
Hope she gets what she is looking for!
if you think abortion is wrong how about trying to help people who say they are considering getting one and try and talk them out of it rather than saying "go to another forum"....Everyone here seems to want to talk about how it's wrong to kill a human life and they want to point fingers instead of trying to stop the murder before it happens.  I too believe it's wrong but if someone is thinking of having one I try and offer other options. In the event that you are serious about this NOWSIN and you are truly pregnant please look at this site.   www.thelivingvine.com

Chitten ...."I know there are 'other options' as people keep pointing out but to carry a child and give it up after 9 months would be near on impossible for any woman and whilst i commend those who manage it, it is not something i even considered when i found out i was pregnant, it would cause even further heartache to many people who in some cases are at the lowest point in their lives. "

this statement is very selfish...thats pretty much like saying "well i would give the baby up for adoption but it would be to hard on me and i dont feel up to that kind of stress"  when someone becomes pregnant they are a mother and as a mother one should always do what is best for their child...not themself.  I have a 4 year old son who I have sacrificed numerous times for.  Also I understand all sides of this as I got pregnant when I was 16, parents took me to an abortion clinic were i had an exam and then refused to have the procedure done.  I have a son who is 4 ...i had a miscarriage this past year and my husband and I are ttc again.
WELL SAID!!
i had a MC in Oct 07 and could possibly going through one right now as i type but again each person is free to their own opinion and thoughts.  Maybe nowsin is just a joke, if so we should not give that posted the time of day to get everyone all worked up.  This could be the posters intention and everyone might just be falling into the trap.  Lets just stop answering nowsin posts and continue to help each other.  Because i sure know that emtionally i need help right now with the news i just got
HAHAHA  FAKE POSTER!  I told you so!  I'm glad you guys caught it!
you know i am so mad they come on here asking about abortion but this is a pregnancy forum why you know i have to have surgery or not have kids at all and here it some people get pregnant and then want to kill the innocent child i think its wrong but ask yourself how will i feel if i kill my baby, what would happen if i cant have anymore kids after having this abortion, how would i feel . just ask the what if questions do research on abortion. i havent been on this forum in a while becuase i have to have my thryoid removed or never have kids and i dont want the surgery but i really want to have children. sorry i need to vetn. but as to everyone who are testing this month lots of baby dust to you and to everyttc goodluck and lots of babydust to you ladies as well. and to the ones considered abortion well goodluck and i hope that you would truly change your minds.
Man this site makes me laugh some great advice from both sides... sometimes u can really see who is due and who is mid cycle BEST OF LUCK TO ALL TRYIN and best of luck to all who are already preggas :D:D:D
guys relax...people look back at what gets a lot of reaction and bring it up over and over again to see what happens.  These issues are abortion, circumcision, smoking pot while pregnant and sometimes what you can and cant eat while pregnant...We live in a diverse society and what is great about it is we all are allowed to have our own opinions.  In these types of forums people thrive on that and turn friends and people who help each other into enemies.  It is really best to ignore it and dont let it get a ton of replys and it will stop happening.  Any fake posters wont have a reason to do it, it wont be fun and people who are serious wont get any answers here and will find a more appropriate place for their question.  This is a relatively new forum but as time goes by you will see people finding these threads and bringing them back up years later just for a fight.  You can look at the parenting newborns forum if you like.  find any of the four hot issues that I mentioned above and you will see over 500 replys over 3 and 4 years.  Dont let it happen to this forum too!  
One thing I try to remember:  

John 8:7 (KJV) So when they continued asking him, he lifted up himself, and said unto them, He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her.
The issue here isn’t about warning someone who is "walking astray" but of our hearts already condemning the wrongdoer.  The same measure that we judge others with, will be the same measure used to judge us. This does not mean "Well, she's had an abortion and I didn't so therefore I can judge'  The Bible does not offer a hierarchy of sins. And who among us is perfect? Certainly I'm not!  We must be careful that what we chastise or warn against is done out of meekness and in love and is not a boasting of our own (perceived) righteousness and that we let it be without any condemnation.

I agree with those kinds posts that advise writing 'Go to another forum' or not responding.
That was alot of babble, exactly what did you want to say?  Don't judge a cyber-space dumbie trying to get a bunch of pregnant women, and women trying to conceive upset.
Post something about abortion and then vanish.  She REALLY needed help, didn't she?!?!  Well when she comes back I'll lend a shoulder she can cry on, OK.

Call me selfish if you like, i am keeping my baby but what im trying to stress is what may be possible for some girls may not be possible for others. Not one of us is perfect therefore we are not in the position to judge
what i don't understand is why do some of these women who post about abortions come here in the first place? obviously it's for pregnant women or women who are trying to become pregnant. knowing this why post about abortions or ask for sympathy for them?? if anything knowing how many pregger women are here (me included) the dumb a$$e$ should know that hormones are raging and they're going to get their heads bit off for murdering their babies. i really think anyone who does that should be put in jail. no matter how you look at it it's murder. you're killing a living being. not to mention if you can't handle the responsiblities that go along with sex....ie children then keep the legs closed. abstinence is the best form of birth control.
Wow.

Amen, aweenonetolove!
ok ladies!! Lets everyone calm down for a second!! Ok so this girl wants to have an abortion...so be it...god only knows why she may want to have one..there could be a definite reason why she wants one..and as for everyone on here having to say something about it...leave it alone..shes just like everyone else on here..shes looking for support and ADVICE!!! Not for people to be nasty! She probably wrote to this forum because it say pregnancy 34 years and under!! Shes probably under 34 and she is pregnant!! There could be a million reason why she wants this..nobody knows her and anything about why she wants it! I personally dont support abortions but i will tell her this that if you want an abortion you can go get one done now! You can get an abortion rite up until your 3-4 months pregnant i think! I am trying to have a baby as well and i know most girls on here are to and they think its wrong but think about what this girl must be going through! Like i said shes only like everyone else looking for advice and support!
Well said, i think people need to realise that different people have different circumstances and i know exactly how she feels. I hope she can find the support and advice she needs from a professional who will provide an unbiased opinion.
Thanx..i think so too...as for the other women and hormones flying...yeah that happens but like the rest of us shes just another human being and wants help and support..she might have noone else and thought that well maby ill get some on here not thinking about what this forum is really about! I think the poor girl neeeds to be cut some slack...and i am glad you changed your mind about the abortion! But like if you did really want to go through with it you would have wanted support to right! I would have understood in your sitch...i can understand and i think if she wanted one she should get one now! Some people have different situctions!! God im all riled up and im very dissapointed in the way the girls on getting on! I thought they would have at least asked what her sitch was! I mean it could be anything!! CONGRATS on your pregnancy and good luck...hope everything is goin well!!:):)
Thanks :)

Yeah baby is doing great. Still having cramping which is a litle worrying but had my scan wednesday and s/he was jumping about all over the place.

Cant wait till the pain goes away so i can finally enjoy this pregnancy without the stress.

You trying for your first??
i didnt call you selfish...i said that was a selfish statement...there is a differance...i dont know you therefore i dont knoww if you are selfish or not
Hi All,
I'm the one who wrote the bible comment.  I'm lapsed catholic partially b/c the hypocrisy in some believers has always frustrated me.  And partially b/c I don't agree with  certain issues that the Church takes a stand on.  
The one thing that the Church did teach me and that I truly believe in, is that Judging is no better than Murder because you can kill someone with your judgement.
I'm presently ttc and have had one m/c.  Every time I look at this forum I encounter a thread similar to this one.  The anger on these threads really frustrates me (and obviously a few others).  
There is (from what I can find) no abortion forum.  Therefore it makes sense that a  young girl who is under 34 and pregnant and is considering all her options would come to this forum looking for help.  How are young girls supposed to know that the majority of women on here are ttc, pregnant and/or are pro-life?  
But I am repeating other posts.  As is everyone else.  
Sorry. I wish I hadn't sent the previous post and had left all alone.  This thread definitely doesn't get my hormones going.  I take full responsibility for my actions.  I'm an idiot for posting b/c it gets me all worked up in a negative stressful manner.  

Chitten, I hope you have the loveliest of pregnancies that you most certainly deserve.  My BF went through a very similar situation. I was with her throughout her entire pregnancy and she is now an amazing single mother to the most beautiful girl!

Good luck to everyone!  
i was in the same situation about 8 weeks ago i was confused and didn know what to do, i posted a note on this site seeking advice from other women and i learnt that abortion is not the way to go, everything happens for a reason, i was all about my career i am 24 years old i wanted to travel and finish my law degree but things happen and its now a miracle for me i am so excited i am now 17 weeks pregnant and yes it has been hard i have had alot of people critise me and down me and make me cry but you move on you forget them and you start to make a new life for yourself even if you cant have the baby you need to look at other options like adoption i know it will be hard for you but abortion is not the answer. i learnt this the hard way but i am now very very happy.
nowsin- im not here to pass judgement on you or anybody. i dont know your situation, and i only hope you can find the anwer you are looking for, but i can tell you that most likely you are not going to get the answer on THIS forum. Most of us are trying to get pregnant are pregnant and couldnt imagine doing the "a" word, Please look for help on another forum!
ladies. as a post abortive woman myself i cannot refrain from posting with i see things that are negative on here relating to us "killing our unborn babies" and how we "murdered" them. truth be told, i have ALWAYS believed abortion was wrong, and i will always believe this. but you know what? it may surprise some of you that women feel cornered, trapped, terrified, and as if there are no other options. my circumstance was the same. i had just turned 17, i would have been expelled from school and my dad would have lost his job if i had turned up pregnant. i did not ultimately desire abortion (i was in love with the father i wanted to marry him and i even made an appt with savalife that i did not go to)
if you have something negative to say, hold your tongue. no one wants to hear it, i do not and im sure the woman that posted this does not either. you might be offended but keep it to yourself. ANY outburts on abortion are wrong. they are unloving, uncaring, and offensive. sometimes i even get offended and angry by rude or outspoken bumper stickers. these women considered abortion are HURTING. i was hurting, i still am hurting. please, ladies, refrain from your nasty comments. it does nothing but harm, and we close our ears to your opinions. we want love and support, not negativity. we do not want to be judged.
Uhm guys, this post is a year old.  I think it's safe to say that whatever happened with the OP is over and done with now.  Let's move on :)
Why did you bring up a post that was a year old? This subject will always stir up passions from both sides. That's part of us all being human. Like LosingMyMindinGA said, "Let's move on.."